Why IBM for industry models
IBM Industry Models combine deep expertise and industry best practice in a usable form (“blueprint”) for both business and IT communities to accelerate industry solutions. Part of the IBM InfoSphere portfolio, the industry models are based on the experience of more than 500 clients, and more than ten years of development.
IBM Industry Models help achieve:
- Faster time to value: Industry models can extend existing information infrastructures by helping clients reduce the time and effort needed for analysis and design of functional requirements.
- Business agility: They can enhance business agility by helping clients build and rationalize data warehouses faster, providing consistent data architecture for modeling new or changed requirements, and compressing the required time compared to customer-built projects.
- High-quality business data: A streamlined and best-practices approach to business transformation can reduce risk and enable successful delivery of high-quality data for applications across the organization.
- Enhanced stakeholder approval: Improved collaboration between IT and business can increase stakeholder approval and enable IT to build what business needs.
- Enterprise information management infrastructure A pervasive information management infrastructure across the organization can help create enterprise-wide key performance indicators (KPIs) and address compliance, reporting and analysis requirements.
What we offer
First, comprehensive data models containing data warehouse design models, business terminology model and analysis templates to accelerate the development of business intelligence applications. Second, best practice business process models with supportive service definitions for development of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The result is acceleration of projects and also reduced risk.
Data and Process Models
InfoSphere Warehouse Packs