The IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.1 DLIModel utility plug-in is an Eclipse plug-in that transforms your IMS™ database information into application-independent metadata that can be used by Java applications.
The DLIModel utility plug-in can be installed with the IBM® Eclipse SDK or shell-shared with Rational® Application Developer Software for WebSphere® or Rational Developer for System z®.
Use the DLIModel utility plug-in to:
- Generate XML schemas of IMS databases that can be used to retrieve XML data from or store XML data in IMS databases
- Generate database web services
The DLIModel utility plug-in also provides the following functions. However, more robust versions of these functions are available in the IMS Enterprise Suite Explorer for Development (IMS Explorer):
- Incorporate additional field information from COBOL copybooks or PL/I includes
- Use a graphical editor to incorporate additional PCB, segment, and field information, or override existing information
IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.1 is the last release of IMS Enterprise Suite that will include the DLIModel utility plug-in.
- Customers using the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in should migrate to the IMS Enterprise Suite Explorer for Development (IMS Explorer) instead. Existing DLIModel utility projects can be imported into new IMS Explorer projects.
- IMS Explorer does not provide support for IMS XML DB or IMS database web services. If these functions are required, customers should continue to use the IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.1 DLIModel utility plug-in and open a requirement for IMS Explorer.