InfoSphere Guardium's Vulnerability Assessment solution scans database infrastructures on a scheduled basis to detect vulnerabilities, and suggests remedial actions.
The solution enables organizations to eliminate the enormous risk created by insecure database configurations, missing patches, weak passwords and other vulnerabilities, providing:
- Hundreds of preconfigured vulnerability tests, encompassing CIS and STIG best practices, updated regularly through IBM’s Knowledge Base service
- Platform-specific static tests which detect insecure configurations for the specific database being assessed
- Dynamic tests, which allow detection of behavioral vulnerabilities such as account sharing, excessive administrative logins and unusual afterhours activity
- A summary security evaluation, along with prioritized drill downs recommending specific remedial actions
- New! Support for SCAP and ability to export in SCAP format
- The broadest heterogeneous support, including database platforms from eight vendors on all major operating systems
- Compliance Workflow Automation integration, to automatically schedule assessments and manage report distribution, sign-offs and escalations
- Comprehensive vulnerability testing that does not rely on intrusive exploits or tests that can impact system availability and provides external vulnerability reference information such as CVE identifiers
- The InfoSphere Guardium products architecture enables users to select the modules (Standard/Advanced) appropriate for their immediate needs, adding additional modules as requirements grow and change.