Given the tremendous volume of information in existence today and the relentless growth of information worldwide, having a “single version of the truth” has become more and more critical in data management. If this is the current ideal operating paradigm, why would anyone need to replicate information?
There are a number of business drivers and technology issues that necessitate high volume, robust and secure information replication. Some of the most often cited issues include:
- Populating a data warehouse or data mart while maintaining data consistency among disparate systems.
- Populating a central repository from remote sites or vice versa.
- Scheduling and maintaining consistency of data in multiple locations by providing a single version of the truth from a central site.
- Replicating information from a central production environment to a mirror image or subset used for analytical or query processes.
- Applying filters to replicate pertinent data to provide an accurate subset for business processes.
- Applying real-time or event-driven rules to ensure synchronization across data stores and locations.
The IBM InfoSphere Data Replication for DB2 for z/OS solution can help you address these and many other data replication needs.
Spotlight on products
DB2® Tools for z/OS®
Data Replication for Distributed Systems
Data Replication for DB2 for z/OS Resources