Use and maintain
IBM IMS Problem Investigator is a powerful problem analysis aid for IMS DB and IMS TM systems, which helps make identifying and resolving problems faster and easier.
IMS Problem Investigator is an investigative tool for IMS systems and application programmers that can determine the cause of problems and trace the flow of events end-to-end.
- Exploits the wealth of information collected by IMS and its related subsystems
- Offers interactive problem determination, with powerful record formatting and navigation aids that help to simplify log analysis
- Provides an end-to-end replay of an IMS transaction from a single screen, including DB2 and MQ events
- Tracks the transaction life cycle through IMS Connect and into IMS
- Supports OMEGAMON for IMS Transaction Reporting Facility (TRF) and Application Trace Facility (ATF) for detailed DLI and DB2 call analysis and CPU utilization
- Provides log record analysis that can drill down to the field-level with online help
- Displays transaction times and event latencies to help identify bottlenecks
- Provides a REXX command interface for customized log record analysis and extract
- Offers batch reporting and extract facility
- Provides automatic log file selection using DBRC
- Complements other tools in the performance management portfolio
- Program number: 5655-R02
- Operating systems supported: z/OS