Use and maintain
IBM DB2 Query Monitor for z/OS enables you to efficiently customize and tune your SQL workload and DB2 objects.
DB2 Query Monitor arms your staff with the ability to spot trouble before it can cause a significant waste in DB2 resources.
- View and configure monitoring across your enterprise from a single console
- Identify users and locations that are issuing problem SQL. You have extensive choices for determining what monitoring information you gather and when to collect it.
- Set user-defined settings that trigger warnings when query activity crosses defined thresholds
- Manage your data assets more cost effectively with GUI-based reporting, viewing and configuration capabilities to enable you to access consolidated data and events for DB2 subsystems, whether within a single z/OS image or across multiple z/OS images
- Research DB2 commands, display host variables, display SQL Communications Area, and find SQL error patterns.
- Shares an SQL collector with Guardium for System z. Provides autonomic functionality that enables DB2 Query Monitor to execute user-configurable responses to a wide variety of events. Among the available responses are e-mail, write-to-operator (WTO) and curative actions such as console commands and batch job submissions.
- Program number: 5655-V42
- Version 3.1 provides an ISPF view of data sharing groups, new sample batch reports, and a full-featured CAE Web Client. It also supports Windows 7, and provides migration of offload tables. New zIIP metrics are also available.