Use and maintain
IBM® DB2® Log Analysis Tool for z/OS helps you maintain high data availability and complete control over data integrity.
It helps you to minimize DB2 recoveries by determining what data has changed and identifying points of recovery.
- Directly extracts information from DB2 logs and DB2 pages to identify who, what, when, where, and how data was changed.
- Enables you to avoid running expensive DB2 traces.
- Does not require DATA CAPTURE for any tables, but DATA CAPTURE is supported.
- Helps you to identify quiet times for running utilities and for determining potential points of recovery.
- What's New in Version 3.3?
- DB2 Log Analysis Tool v3.3 is now customized using IBM Tools Customizer, a common component that simplifies the post SMP/E installation customization tasks for many of the IBM DB2 Tools.
- Log Analysis can now invoke DB2 Sort for z/OS for increased performance benefits.
- You now have the ability to save job options in Log Analysis Profiles.
- A commit frequency report has been added that will show statistics about the frequency of commits and rollback performed by plan.
- LOB and XML type columns are supported in one phase mode using work files with the exception of 64-bit operations.
- Multiple Uint of Recovery IDs (URIDS) can be specified in the general report.
- Support for multi-volume inline IMAGE COPIES.
- Greater control over the retention period and prioritization of archived log files.
- Program number: 5655-T56.