Use and maintain
IBM® DB2® Utilities Enhancement Tool for z/OS® extends the value of DB2 Utilities to make it easier for you to customize DB2 utility tasks to meet your business needs.
DB2 Utilities Enhancement Tool helps you to control your DB2 environment with the ability to transparently cancel active threads and block new threads on DB2 objects.
- Transparently cancel active threads and block new threads on DB2 objects
- Create batch job steps that block and cancel threads on DB2 objects for applications that run during the batch window
- Automatic sizing and creation of mapping tables and mapping-table indexes for REORG TABLESPACE utility when the SHRLEVEL CHANGE option is specified. Automatic drop of these objects when the reorganization completes to help preserve space. Option to override any existing MAPPINGTABLE specification
- What's New in 2.2? Extended support for additional DB2 utilities via the utility syntax monitor to establish company-wide procedures and assist with auditing.
- Ability to invoke IBM DB2 Sort for z/OS to provide additional zIIP offload, reduced CPU usage and Elapsed Time during DB2 utility sort processing
- Increased performance with reduced CPU and Elapsed Time for hash tables using LOAD PRESORT
- Message monitor allowing customization of DB2 utility return codes to meet DB2 application needs
- Integrated customization process with the IBM Tools Customizer for z/OS
- Program number: 5655-T58