Your choice of IBM DB2 on Cloud engine type
Your IBM DB2 on Cloud instance can be equipped with your choice of DB2 database engine, either the IBM DB2 Workgroup Server Edition, or the IBM DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition feature set.
Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large cloud instance types
IBM DB2 on Cloud can be deployed on different size cloud instances to handle small, medium, large, or extra-large workloads.
Regardless of the configuration you choose, DB2 on Cloud always includes:
- Fixed monthly fee; no hidden charges - Your monthly fee is based only on the price of the configuration you choose. There are no extra costs for things like data transfer.
- Easy migration via DB2 and Oracle compatibility - DB2 on Cloud SQL is compatible with on-premises versions of IBM DB2, and with Oracle Database. This makes it easy to migrate application code to and from DB2 on Cloud.
- Expert hosting services and high availability - DB2 on Cloud is a hosted service; you have full DBA control over the system.
IBM experts make things easier for you by:
- Provisioning your DB2 on Cloud system, pre-configured and ready to use
- Keeping the underlying hardware and operating system running and up to date
DB2 on Cloud can be accessed just as on-premises versions of DB2 can, so it works with the same applications, security, ETL, messaging, monitoring, and systems management tools you use today.