Going Cloud with Your Big Data: A Structured Approach
Four key steps every enterprise roadmap should include
Big Data: Mined + Refined + Delivered = Value
Big data is a new natural resource. Like other natural resources, big data needs to be successfully mined, refined and delivered in order to create value.
- Big Data, All Data, PureData, BLU Data (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Don’t Overhype Data Science Expectations (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Capitalizing on Big Data with System z (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Getting Past the Big Data Hype—and Backlash (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Hadoop: Nucleus of the Next-Generation Big Data Warehouse (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- True Hadoop Standards are Essential for Sustaining Industry Momentum: Part 1 (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- True Hadoop Standards are Essential for Sustaining Industry Momentum: Part 2 (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Big Data and the Evolving Role of Governance (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Big Data Use Case #1 - Exploration (YouTube, 00:24:14)
- Big Data Use Case #2 - Enhanced 360 degree view of the Customer (YouTube, 00:20:17)
- Jeff Jonas talks about Enterprise Amnesia vs. Enterprise Intelligence (YouTube, 00:18:08)
- What is big data? Part 1 (YouTube, 00:17:46)
- What is big data? Part 2 (YouTube, 00:16:38)
- What exactly is big data? (YouTube, 00:06:44)
- What is hadoop? (YouTube, 00:03:12)
Productionizing Your Big Data: A Checklist of Key Considerations
Big data can’t prove its business value if it remains in a perpetual proof-of-concept phase. How can you prepare your big-data deployment for delivery into a production IT environment? What exactly does it mean to say that big data, or any IT initiative, is truly production-ready? James Kobielus gives helpful tips.
Additional blog posts
- Koby’s Big Data Predictions for 2013 (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- 6 Steps to Start Your Big Data Journey (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Data Scientists: Myths and Mathemagical Superpowers (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Hadoop Myths Debunked (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- 10 Big Data Implementation Best Practices (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Roundup of Big Data Pundits' Predictions for 2013 (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Building a Road for Big Data (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Big Data On the Move: Everywhere You Need It To Be (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Taming Big Data: Small Data vs. Big Data(link resides outside of ibm.com)
Certain things cannot be overlooked when dealing with data. Best practices must be instituted for the care of big data just as they have long been in small data. Before enjoying big data's amazing analytical feats, you must first get it under control - with tools that are up to the challenge of implementing best practices in a big data world.
Tuning Into Big Data as the Buzz Gets Louder(link resides outside of ibm.com)
The data on big data is... well.. big. Here are some examples of the kind of noise you'd encounter while gathering data about big data.
The Flood of Big Data (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Today’s rapidly growing flood of big data represents immense opportunity for forward-thinking marketers. But to fully leverage the potential that exists within massive streams of structured and unstructured data, organizations must quickly optimize ad delivery, evaluate campaign results, improve site selection and retarget ads. This is where the IBM Netezza® Factor comes in play, enabling a fluid analysis of complex data capable of unleashing a torrent of innovative, next-level ideas and results.
Big Data: The New Natural Resource (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Big data is the digital convergence of structured data found inside databases, and unstructured data flowing from new sources like social networks, mobile devices, sensors, RFID, smart meters and financial systems. Today, organizations can capture and analyze any data, regardless of what type, how much, or how fast it is moving, and make more informed decisions based on that information.
Big Data at the Speed of Business
Register now for a one hour online broadcast where IBM discusses a new generation of data solutions.
Weekly Twitter Chat
Join us every Monday at 12:00 pm EST for a Twitter Chat on Customer Experience Optimization.
IBM Big Data Podcasts on iTunes
Brought to you by IBM, the Talking Big Data Podcast provides the latest thinking on big data and its implications for the enterprise from a range of experts.
Big data product portfolio
IBM’s platform for big data gives organizations solutions specifically designed for the needs of the enterprise
Top 5 Big Data Use Cases
Conversations around big data are shifting from "What is big data?" to "What can I do with big data?" This podcast describes five uses—with real-world examples—that hold high potential value for many organizations.
Analytics: The Real-world Use of Big Data
A new study, by IBM’s Institute for Business Value (IBV) and the University of Oxford, details how real-world enterprises are using big data.
Big Data: Transforming e-mail marketing effectiveness for Constant Contact
Learn how Constant Contact is using IBM big data products to help improve analysis performance by over 40 times,reduce wait time from hours to seconds, and increase client campaign effectiveness by almost 25%.
Join the big data conversation
Big data discussions, idea sharing, direct interactions with big data experts, and more happening all day, every day.