IBM big data and information management
Is your architecture big data ready?
IBM solves this challenge with a zone architecture optimized for big data. The next generation architecture for big data and analytics delivers new business insights while significantly reducing storage and maintenance costs.
Explore this interactive experience
The information management big data and analytics capabilities include :
- Data Management & Warehouse: Gain industry-leading database performance across multiple workloads while lowering administration, storage, development and server costs; Realize extreme speed with capabilities optimized for analytics workloads such as deep analytics, and benefit from workload-optimized systems that can be up and running in hours.
- Hadoop System: Bring the power of Apache Hadoop to the enterprise with application accelerators, analytics, visualization, development tools, performance and security features.
- Stream Computing: Efficiently deliver real-time analytic processing on constantly changing data in motion and enable descriptive and predictive analytics to support real-time decisions. Capture and analyze all data, all the time, just in time. With stream computing, store less, analyze more and make better decisions faster.
- Content Management: Enable comprehensive content lifecycle and document management with cost-effective control of existing and new types of content with scale, security and stability.
- Information Integration & Governance: Build confidence in big data with the ability to integrate, understand, manage and govern data appropriately across its lifecycle.
Gain a strategic advantage over your competition, with IBM’s platform for big data and analytics.
“IBM has clearly made a big investment in building out a powerful Big Data platform."
IBM's Big Data Platform and Decision Management
Decision Management Solutions, James Taylor, May 2011
The FOUR V’s of Big Data
IBM data scientists break big data into four dimensions: volume, variety, velocity and veracity. This infographic explains and gives examples of each.
View the infographic
Join the big data conversation
Big data discussions, idea sharing, direct interactions with big data experts, and more happening all day, every day.