Click to enlargeA transportation management system (TMS) can provide execution that leverages a network of over 10,000 carriers and 29,000 suppliers to communicate and collaborate on shipment tenders, appointment scheduling, and shipment status updates.
- Enhance customer service by improving on time delivery performance
- Lower freight costs by reducing the number of expedited shipments
- Faster implementations and quicker return on investment using a pre-connected network of over 10,000 carriers and 29,000 suppliers
A network-centric TMS can enable shippers to automate manual tasks such as carrier selection and tendering. Utilizing flexible tendering strategies, a TMS can ensure a load is covered by a carrier, recording all tender responses so that you can track acceptance rates and carrier performance.
- Select carrier based on pre-defined business rules, for example preferred carrier, volume commitments, carrier ranking, service capabilities or cost
- Automate the shipment tendering process to ensure a load is covered by a carrier
- Optimize inbound transportation process from suppliers and provide visibility for logistics planners, carriers, vendors and buyers
- Provide carriers and suppliers with self scheduling of appointments and deliveries based on equipment type and dock-door capabilities
- Identify candidate shipments for private and dedicated fleets, plan ‘tours of duty’ and allocate fleet costs to orders
- Locate additional carrier capacity by using the collaborative logistics network and dynamically creates a distribution list for tender
- Provide shippers with an on demand pre-connected network of carriers, third-party logistics providers, freight forwarders and suppliers
See how Sterling Transportation Management System can help you achieve these benefits