What's New in v8.5
Additional capabilities for the line-of-business user:
- Intuitive Floating Toolbar with New project UI to easily create a project template & vanity urls (see demo) (00:01:33)
- Content Marketing Rich Text Editor with social integration (Solution catalog)
- Optimize HD video playback by detecting bandwidth & device type
- Optimize, manage and accelerate content production with quantitative content analytics and reporting
Enhanced content & application integration for more personalized experiences:
- Digital Data Connector to transform external data into contextual content (see demo) (00:01:03)
- Allow customers to develop portlets using existing knowledge of scriping languages with the IBM scrip Portlet (see demo) (00:01:05)
- Empower marketers to deliver personalized messages with integration to IBM Interact & IBM Marketing Center (see demo) (00:07:41)
- Inline personalization and targeting for more customized experience (see demo) (00:01:04)
Further Optimization for Multichannel Digital Experience Delivery:
- Personalized, targeted hybrid mobile apps with enhanced IBM Worklight integration (see demo) (00:04:56)
- PureSystems support & more cloud offerings (video) (00:01:31)
- Out-of-Box Responsive Design / Adaptive Templates, Themes & Tooling Updates
The latest features of IBM Digital Experience v8.5 build upon the advanced capabilities already provided in v8 including:
- In-line content editing (text & image) providing a seamless authoring experience with real-time preview from directly within the experience
- Managed Pages provides a simplified way to create and manage portal pages and web content using a new integrated toolbar.
- Visual content targeting delivering dynamic experiences tailored to individuals based on site visitor segments
- Easily create new pages with the new Content Template Catalog with updated responsive themes and sample pages (View Demo here) (00:11:46)
- Web Analytics Page Overlays deliver in-place, real-time web page and channel delivery analyses.
- Social publishing enables content publishing to Facebook, Connections, Twitter and LinkedIn
- New Community Pages support lets you more readily scope and place IBM Connections portlets in the right Portal and Web Content Manage context
- OpenID Authentication enables portal users to authenticate with public social network credentials, such as a Facebook ID
- New IBM Connections Files and Profiles Entitlement
- Web Experience Factory provides Client Side Architecture reducing reliance on bandwidth and improving responsiveness of mobile applications
- Integrate with ECM and other systems through Web Content Manager support for the CMIS standard.
- Integrate SAP® NetWeaver Portal navigation seamlessly into with WebSphere Portal Integrator for SAP
- New IBM Web Experience Factory Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) Builder to easily access data stores like Filenet and Microsoft Sharepoint.
- IBM Installation Manager support providing a faster, streamlined install, unintstall, modify and update process for administrators
- Search enhancements provide optimize WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager search results
- New Configuration Wizard for Administrators
Integrated Marketing Solutions
- Empower marketers to deliver individualized, in-context offers with pre-integration with IBM Interact & IBM Marketing Center.
- Leverage IBM Web Content Manager capabilities to manage rich media content delivered through IBM Commerce Server.
- Take advantage of updates to out-of-the-box responsive design templates, themes and tooling and Worklight integration for rich omnichannel delivery to customers anytime, anywhere