Adsero Optima Foundation
IBM PureApplication System
IBM PureFlex System
|Provided by: TEMBO Technology Lab (Pty) Ltd|
AO Foundation facilitates the upgrading and migrating of all ISAM (record level access - DDS) databases to the native SQE (SQL) engine without the use of surrogates, any LVLID changes or any recompilation of programs.
Immediate, low risk, non-disruptive exploitation of the native SQL database engine.
- Solid foundation for future modernization projects.
- Your database now presents itself as modern to the outside world and your end users
- AO Foundation removes the tedium and error-prone repetition out of upgrading to the SQL (SQE) engine, allowing you to focus on value adding aspects of application modernization.
- No “vendor lock-in” – we deliver your database back completely under your control.
- No LVLID changes during Phase 1 (initial DDS to DDL migration) of database upgrade process, hence no recompilation of ANY code.
- Massive potential performance benefits
- FULL, native IBM i based management of your ISAM and SQL database(s) on DB2 for i.
- Gradual, non-disruptive, low-risk roadmap
- Unshackled applications, unlocking the full value of your IT investments
- Gradual sanitizing of metadata, structural metadata and database
- Multi-Tier architecture
Business CaseThe requirement to truly modernize our rich heritage (the so-called “legacy” which made companies hugely successful), demands that users migrate to the SQL engine, to truly leverage the applications and the platform, and to use the SQL engine as foundation for all modernization.
Business ProblemThe requirement to truly modernize our rich heritage (the so-called “legacy” which made companies hugely successful), demands that users migrate to the SQL engine, to truly leverage the applications and the platform, and to use the SQL engine as foundation for all modernization.
- Convert from DDS to DDL with no lvlid changes.
- Maintain DDL databases.
- Facilitate the bi-directional synchronization of data between DDS and DDL databases.
- Maintenance of table structure duplications across various schemas.
- Gradual sanitization of metadata and structural metadata
- Gradual enrichment of metadata and structural metadata as per OA Metadata Open Standard
- Agility of legacy (heritage) application assets
Name: Carol Hildebrandt