IBM PureFlex System
|Provided by: BlueCat Networks|
Reduce time and effort required to manage core network services and prevent costly downtime with BlueCat’s resilient and powerful Adonis DNS and DHCP. With advanced features and functionality, including support for IPv6 and DNSSEC, Adonis is designed to meet the business-critical DNS and DHCP needs of any organization.
Without reliable DNS and DHCP, IP-dependent applications including e-mail, Web services, ERP, CRM and VoIP cannot function. Adonis ensures that your critical IP infrastructure and core network services (DNS/DHCP) are reliable, resilient and highly available. Integration with BlueCat Networks' Proteus IPAM solution brings DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management under a single layer of control to reduce outages, improve management efficiency and reduce IT costs.
- Allocating new IP addresses is predominantly manual, whether they’re for deployment of new applications, introducing smartphones, or enabling manufacturing machinery to communicate across Ethernet. Such methodology cannot be applied to Cloud. Cloud needs automation – Automation needs DDI (DNS/DHCP/IPAM)
- New devices will cause an explosion in IP addresses. The number of IP addresses will skyrocket from the average four per employee to hundreds with the explosion of mobile devices and non-IT devices connecting to the infrastructure.
- Centralized and virtualized data centers will deliver global applications. The trend toward global application delivery out of centralized data centers will fuel additional demand on the network as workloads are moved on the fly to maximize hardware utilization. Virtualization is allowing applications to become fragmented and dispersed, which further increases the number of addresses under management.
- Managing dynamic corporate environments will become more complex. End-to-end service levels can only be ensured if all of the components involved can be monitored and controlled. Companies have to eliminate all possible causes of human error. All this must be done in light of the growing importance of service-level management, the rise of networked applications, and the decreasing tolerance of users if those applications are not working.
- The world is running out of IPv4 addresses. This will force a transformation to IPv6 systems. Global companies will need to evolve to IPv6 infrastructure to connect to new customers, vendors, resources, and partners.
Business ProblemBlueCat Networks on IBM PureFlex Systems simplifies BYOD registration and cloud on-boarding. BlueCat Networks’ DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management (IPAM) technology automates the management of IP and name spaces to accelerate cloud, virtualization and BYOD deployments. With powerful workflow delegation and IT self-service, BlueCat Networks manages business-critical IP infrastructure and DNS/DHCP core network services.
- Deliver business-critical DNS and DHCP services with 99.999% availability
- Safeguard DNS services against exploits and attacks
- Simplify the provisioning of hosts and IP addresses in physical, virtual or cloud environments
- Lowest cost of implementation with simple, intuitive wizard-driven set-up and deployment
- IPv6-ready out of the box – support for DNS and DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6
- Future-ready support for DNS Security (DNSSEC) and DNS Anycast
Provider name: Mark Pileski