MidVision Extension to IBM RAFW for Oracle WebLogic Application Server
IBM PureApplication System
|Provided by: MidVision Ltd|
IBM's Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere can now also be used to automate the deployment of Oracle WebLogic Application Server
IBM has developed a solution that allows teams to really do “more with less” and do it in shorter timeframes. The IBM® Rational® Automation Framework for WebSphere (RAFW) software is available today to support WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, WebSphere VE and WebSphere BPM Suite products. The RAF Extensions from MidVision now enable you to support Oracle WebLogic Application Server.
RAFW is a customizable framework that is based upon known best practices, industry standards and several years of field experience with customers. With RAFW, administrators can easily set up new cells/environments, apply patches, upgrades and iFixes, as well as rapidly deploy applications, automate middleware configuration settings, and gain configuration management visibility to environment changes.
Today’s business environment is driven by the constant demand of shrinking budgets, limited resources and high quality expectations. In addition, software applications continue to grow in complexity. For an organization to survive in such demanding times, an IT Infrastructure that is able to provide reliable solutions in a timely fashion is paramount to success.
- Achieve automated application deployment
- Scale administration resources to support growing middleware environments
- Automate the installation, patching and updating of your JEE application server environments
- Leverage automated, multicell administrative capabilities
- Lower the operational costs associated with your JEE application environment
Business ProblemIs maintaining consistency across your JEE application infrastructure a constant battle? Are JEE application deployments consuming too much of your time? Are your configurations growing more complex and difficult to maintain?
• A reusable, extendable framework for automation, built on industry leading open standards
• A defined business process for automation efficiency
• Easily extendable – to support future releases and additional IBM software, as well as third party applications
• Data driven
• Easy integration with source control systems allowing you to roll back your configurations on demand
• User friendly interface including environment generation wizard, command line interface and in-line help system
• Ability to export configurations settings into RAFW data repository
• Reporting features to compare the running configuration with the RAFW repository
Provider name: Helen Beal
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7643 1621