IBM PureFlex System
|Provided by: Vision Solutions, Inc.|
Double-Take Move eliminates user and application downtime during migrations – including running database applications that constantly lock their database files while they’re running. Double-Take Move provides true data replication functionality that precisely duplicates the application’s native write processes.
Double-Take Move eliminates user and application downtime during migrations – including running database applications that constantly lock their database files while they’re running. Double-Take Move provides true data replication functionality that precisely duplicates the application’s native write processes with real-time transaction awareness that never requires a quiesce, including replication of file system metadata like permissions, attributes, compression and encryption settings. These features allow you to keep your applications running while the migration proceeds without impact using the spare CPU cycles and I/O on the system. If an application needs those additional processing or data bandwidth resources then the operating system will pre-empt Double-Take Move and make those resources available to the running application, allowing Double-Take Move to continue working quietly in the background migrating data without impact to your running applications and users.
- Requires little manual reconfiguration
- Captures byte-level changes to a server’s OS, applications and data
- Replicates changes to new physical or virtual hardware at any location, locally or globally
- Controls how much bandwidth migration operations can consume via Flexible Bandwidth Limiting and Intelligent Compression
- Migrates physical or virtual servers that have a different number of drives, drive sizes, CPUs or memory than the original source
- Keep users online during migrations of physical or virtualized servers. Migrate during business hours!
- Migrates the entire system - from simple file servers to custom application servers and domain controllers
- Move operating systems, applications and data from one make, model and server configuration to another
- Migrates virtual workloads to physical servers - hardware independent
- Eliminates user and application downtime during migrations
- Migrates workloads between existing platforms to new systems within minutes
- Protects against intermittent outages with the most efficient real-time queuing technology in the industry
Name: Judy Olson