KIXOperator - Monitor
IBM PureApplication System
|Provided by: SBS Software Ges.m.b.H.|
KIXOperator is a WEB based software solution for monitoring and administration of self-service units within the banking self-service network.
KIXOperator was developed using the IBM Rational Software Architect and Java programming language. It was tested on IBM WebSphere Application Servers with different operating systems. The KIXOperator was built according to the Three Layer Architecture of J2EE.
Essentially the KIXOperator covers following tasks:
- Administrator sign-on/off to/from WEB-Server
- Display the operating state of the self-service units
- Display events occurring on the self-service units
- Transmitting commands to self-service unit
- Administrative functions
KIXOperator Web Application
The KIXOperator Web Application enables access to the KIXOperator Server via a Web Client (browser).
The KIXOperator Server contains the actual controlling logic and is therefore the central part of the KIXOperator environment that provides the functions for administrating and monitoring the KIXOperator Agents (self-service units).
The KIXOperator Agent is the software component that is installed at the self-service terminal unit. The KIXOperator provides an interface to J/XFS and CEN/XFS and provides numerous inquiry functions for PC software and hardware information. The KIXOperator Agent communicates with the application at the self-service unit that is responsible for the customer transactions.
Business CaseUsing the KIXOperator as a monitoring system for the self-service devices increases their availability. The operator will immediately be informed via WEB, e-mail or SMS if a problem occurs on one of the self-service devices. The operator can react very quickly.
The KIXOperator can be used by dedicated system operation staff but also by the bankers themselves. The access to information from the self-service device and to the command interface of the KIXOperator can be configured regarding the different levels of operating skills.
The KIXOperator can be enhanced with functions which are specifically used in one bank (user management, transaction journals, cash management).
Business ProblemSelf-service solutions developed on low level device interfaces like CEN XFS or CEN J/XFS allow a very strict separation between business logic and operating. As the business logic and its implementation is different from one bank to the other the requirements to the operating are nearly the same. With the KIXOperator the operating part is covered by a very comfortable and ready to use tool.
Increased availability and profitability of the whole self-service network
- Early alerting of forthcoming failures
- Monitoring and controlling of the processes and resources of a self-service terminal
- Automatic process recovery in case of a crashed process
- 7x24 hours monitoring of the self-service terminals
- High-quality overview by offering detailed information
- All the management tasks for a self-service terminal can be delegated to KIXOperator
- Optimized support for the self-service network
- Faster problem determination due to real-time information.
- Reduced number of on-site visits and optimized service calls
Name: Andreas Jeckel