Pricing and purchase
Use and maintain
IBM VisualAge Pacbase is a repository-based environment that covers a range of application development needs.
It improves productivity and enables developers to focus on business issues using a model-driven approach.
- Interfaces with UML™ modeling tools
- Lets you construct and test of Java™ 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)-compliant e-business components: Cobol servers, Java proxies, Web services, and integration with middle-tier application logic
- Supports rapid application development support of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)-based navigation and presentation components
- Enables the integration of existing business services and applications into new e-business architectures
- Flexibly deploy across a variety of IBM and non-IBM platforms
- Allows for repository-based management and reuse of components during the development process and across projects
- Integrates with IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer and in-depth cooperation with the WebSphere software platform
- IBM Rational Programming Patterns for System z is the result of the VisualAge Pacbase Convergence Plan after 4 years of transparent collaboration between IBM and the Pacbase customers. Discover how to maintain and develop Pacbase applications using the IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform, keeping the benefits of Pacbase while increasing the team productivity with the latest collaborative Application Life Cycle Management technology.