File Manager for z/OS
File Manager for z/OS V11.1:
- File Manager Editor and Batch performance is improved with enhanced expression processing which includes:
- Improved performance for the File Manager Base Editor with REXX template expressions
- Improved performance for the File Manager Base Utility functions with REXX procedures
- Additional programming constructs supported in FASTREXX
- Ability to access files in read only mode for Data Set Edit Batch (DSEB) and to run DSEB procedures using FASTREXX
- Improved expression capability for segmented data
- The File Manager Base is enhanced to work with Rational Developer for System z V7.6.2 to enable compiler option processing.
- Auditing enhancements for the File Manager Base, CICS, and IMS components. The enhancements are built on the facility provided in the File Manager DB2 V10 component.
- Support for DB2 export to produce column names in CSV format as well as supporting DBCS characters.
- Support for creating and updating the DB2 template in batch.
- Support for setting commit conditions for FM DB2 edit and import.
- Usability enhancements:
- Member list panel enhancements to support COPY, DELETE, MOVE, PRINT, RESET, and SUBMIT commands
- Allocation of template data sets when the specified data set does not exist