Use and maintain
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS combines the industry leading SOA runtime and z/OS to deliver superior customer value.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS is the ideal infrastructure for delivering business critical applications. It offers the complete WebSphere Application Server common programming model in an integrated z/OS execution environment which makes full use of the capabilities of the z/OS Sysplex.
- Ideal for large enterprises that can leverage the z/OS qualities of service to achieve optimised performance and continuous availability for their mission-critical applications
- Version 8 delivers complete Java EE 5 support and certification, Web Services enhancements, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.0, and Web 2.0 Feature Pack support with significant performance improvements over Version 6.1 as well as major performance improvements on the System z10 EC as compared to the System z9 EC
- Improved performance and reduced response time for requests that have cached responses with support for z/OS Fast Response Cache Accelerator (FRCA)
- Reduced overhead for the High Availability Manager with the use of the Parallel Sysplex cross system coupling facility (XCF)
- Improved fail-over, recovery, reliability, and performance with new thread hang recovery
- Expanded reporting sufficient to do meaningful charge-back including information on zAAP consumption with reduced SMF overhead
- Improved consumability with a more unified installation
- Operating systems supported: z/OS