Secure, scalable, cost-effective Information Retention solution.
- Universal storage repository for all types of content, structured and unstructured, compliant or non compliant
- Provides flexibility through its support of collections and through its information protection-level support option
- Stores information via multiple access methods
- Scales up to 608 TB (Raw Capacity)
- Maintains information integrity until deletion is permitted by retention policy and increases information security through its enhanced tamper protection feature
- Helps optimize storage with its data deduplication and compression features
- Offers low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by allowing use of mixed media (disk, tape and virtual tape)
As you address your information retention needs: Either for keeping valuable content for long periods of time, to meet with industry retention regulations or to address corporate governance; you need an archiving solution that is secure, scalable, and cost-effective. IBM Information Archive, the next generation information retention solution is designed as an archiving repository for all types of content (structured or unstructured) to help organizations of any size address complete information retention needs—business, legal, or regulatory.
IBM Information Archive is designed to help you reduce cost, improve operational efficiency and manage risk, in the following ways:
- Reduces disk capacity requirements with its built-in data deduplication, compression and hierarchal storage management features.
- Eliminates the need to maintain two separate platforms for structured and unstructured information.
- Reduces primary storage requirements by moving information to lower cost storage tiers, including tape.
- Single management point helps reduce the labor required to manage archived information.
- Ability to use a single archive platform for multiple lines of business (LOB’s) that allows reduction of floor space and energy cost.
Improve operational efficiency
- Support of Industry standard interfaces and protocols minimize investments in information retention
- Ease of install and configuration enables quicker time-to-value
- Its single user interface and RAS footprint simplifies management of archived information
- Provides the flexibility to configure up to three separate information repositories (collections) within one IBM Information Archive
- Designed to help your business meet the most stringent information retention requirements.
- Provides a compliant storage repository: Non erasable non rewritable (NENR) and write once read many (WORM) protection.
- Increases protection through its new patent-pending Enhanced Tamper Protection feature.
- Scales up to 608 TB (raw capacity)
- Provides protected storage for data integrity and authenticity
- Non-erasable Non-rewriteable (NENR) data retention
- Write Once Read Many (WORM) data protection
- Provides three configurable information collections per Information Archive Provides multiple protection levels
- Stores information via multiple access methods:
- System Storage® Archive Manager (SSAM) interface
- Industry-standard interfaces (NFS)
- Tiered Storage Repository
- Patent-Pending enhanced tamper protection