Deliver enduring software quality from concept to launch to retirement
Quality management and testing solutions from Rational help organizations achieve consistency, efficiency and predictability with software quality that meets objectives and testing strategies that validate and verify applications for any platform and test type.
While success or failure often times depends on whose products or services are of the highest quality, lack of acceptable or poor software quality is blamed for more business problems than any other man-made product. According to Capers-Jones research, poor software quality has become one of the most expensive topics in human history – over $500 billion USD per year worldwide*.
We help overcome the challenges of delivering enduring software quality with quality management and testing solutions that transform the way organizations produce, validate and deliver software—from concept to launch to retirement. Our collaborative, integrated and optimized approach to managing software quality helps make quality management and testing activities a shared responsibility—not siloed and disconnected so you can better manage your existing resources, overcome schedule constraints, and increase your team productivity.
Our test automation capabilities enable agile software delivery and eliminate testing bottlenecks for customers challenged by the increasing cost of quality associated with developing and maintaining composite applications with integrations across traditional and more modern technologies (mainframe, distributed, cloud, etc).
When combined with Rational’s industry-leading Collaborative Lifecycle Management solution, our quality management and testing solutions provide unique capabilities to help organizations ensure the functionality, usability, reliability and performance of delivered products and services exceed their customers' expectations. Cut the risk and cost of product and service delivery while improving software quality.
Featured quality management and testing products
Test automation for complex and highly integrated applications delivering end-to-end functional, regression, load, and integration testing
Application and integration level load generation delivering a complete view of performance and scalability across all application components
Model and simulate real system behavior to eliminate application test dependencies and reduce the setup and infrastructure costs of traditional testing environments
Optimize quality across the lifecycle from requirements, to build, to test and defect management.
All products - Quality management and testing
- IBM Security AppScan family
- Rational Application Performance Analyzer (US)
- Rational AppScan Tester Edition (US)
- Rational Functional Tester (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Functional Tester Plus (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters
- Rational Performance Test Server (US)
- Rational Performance Tester (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Performance Tester Extension
- Rational Performance Tester for z/OS (US) | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Policy Tester family - Overview (US)
- Rational Purify family
- Rational PurifyPlus family - Overview (US)
- Rational Quality Manager (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Robot (US)
- Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Test Lab Manager (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Test RealTime (US) | Trials and Demos
- Rational Test Virtualization Server (US)
- Rational Test Workbench (US)
Would you like to find out more?
Contact your software representative Jonathan Duke
How Google tests software
James Whittaker, Test Director
Hear how the world of testing is changing, the roles and responsibilities of developers/testers are evolving and Google is embracing these changes and getting business results.
Measuring Software Quality: Why Your Metrics Don't Make the Grade
Capers Jones, CTO and VP, Namcook Analytics LLC
Learn how you can update and enhance your quality measures to ensure your software meets quality standards and delights your customers.
Removing testing dependencies to accelerate software delivery
Learn more (US)