Turning software complexity into simplified designs
A focus on software architecture and design can help your IT organisation deliver on your business goals.
With help from IBM software architecture and design solutions, you can better align systems, and IT with the business; respond quickly to changing business needs; and manage your changing architecture.
IBM's Eclipse-based integrated architecture and design platform enables team collaboration, ensures requirements-to-code traceability, and jump starts development by simplifying the transition from architecture to code.
Rational architecture and design and development capabilities help:
- Ensure your architecture is reliably communicated in a global environment through support for distributed teams, which helps satisfy compliance mandates.
- Accelerate service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiatives by providing first-class modeling tools for architecting Web services and integrating with business processes.
- Improve productivity and quality, increase communication through graphic modeling, and provide validation through simulation and automated testing.
- Provide automated transformations from model-to-model and model-to-code with model-to-code reconciliation to help ensure requirements are met.
- Enable true traceability with integrated business processes to deployed infrastructure, allowing you to act quickly to business changes.
Featured architecture and design products
A robust, scalable platform for solution architecture and software factories for corporate IT, SOA, and general development.
Enables teams to share, collaborate and manage design information across the application development lifecycle
Architecture and design resources
Pragmatic Architecture - insignts into ALM and agile design by IBM software engineer Jean-Louis Marechaux
Using design analytics to resolve defects faster
Agile modeling with the sketch capability in Rational Software Architect
Developer resource kit
How-to guides, demos and implementation technology information: How to leverage them during the application development lifecycle
Would you like to find out more?
Contact your software representative Jonathan Duke
Follow IBM Rational ANZ
Evaluate Rational Software Architect
Grady Booch: Hype-free software development