IMS Database Manager, IMS Transaction Manager, and IMS Enterprise Suite integrate with other IBM software to create interconnected, intelligent systems that redefine Enterprise, lower your TCO, and deliver the qualities of service that you demand.
IBM IMS and IBM WebSphere provide a number of integration solutions that extend IMS assets and IMS qualities of service across the enterprise.
- IBM WebSphere DataPower - IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances help simplify, govern, and enhance the security of XML and IT services by providing connectivity, gateway functions, data transformation, protocol bridging, and intelligent load distribution.
DataPower appliances XI50 and XI52 can drive IMS transactions through either IMS Connect or MQ. For example, if a client has a web service that drives an IMS transaction, DataPower can perform security checking on the web service and transform the web service message from XML into a COBOL byte stream. It then performs the reverse on the response message that the IMS application returns.
- IMS Web 2.0 solution for IBM WebSphere sMash - You can develop Web 2.0 applications in WebSphere sMash to access IMS assets by using IMS Enterprise Suite (US) Connect API for Java™.
IBM WebSphere sMash has several key features and components:
- A programming model for building Web 2.0 applications by using REST principles
- An assemble component for accessing and assembling services
- A reliable transport extension for message communications
- A lightweight HTTP runtime component
- IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS - provides connectivity options to extend the reach of your IMS applications to business data both inside and outside of your enterprise. Messages from IMS transactions can be sent to distributed and other IBM System z software, including other IMS systems.
- IBM WebSphere Application Servers - host applications on z/OS and the distributed platform that can call IMS transactions and support web-enablement of IMS transactions.
- IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus for z/OS - service-enables IMS applications for SOA integration.
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker – is a lightweight, advanced ESB that enables the integration of data sources from a wide range of platforms across both SOA and non-SOA environments. It can transform data into JCA stream for IMS use.
- IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender for Integration Servers - enables organisations to integrate industry-based customer, supplier, and business partner transactions across their enterprise, and transforms complex data into XML, binary, or mixed-data types for IMS use.
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence on z/OS and on Linux offer a data connection type for direct connections to IMS databases. With direct access to the IMS database, you can create drill-to-detail reporting applications that leverage IMS data, the most current version of your data. Warehoused data is a temporary reflection of the current data and adds constraints to the flexibility of a business reporting application. Enhance your business intelligence results by using the most up-to-date data you have: IMS data.
IBM IMS and IBM InfoSphere provide a number of solutions that integrate IMS data and assets across your portfolio.