Click the thumbnail for a
closer look at IBM Cognos
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Scorecarding automates the strategy management process, enabling organisations to monitor, measure and manage their business metrics against strategic and operational objectives throughout the organisation.
Align strategy with operations
- Track performance against key performance indicators (KPIs) to link corporate strategy to operational tactics.
- Set quantifiable goals for any time horison and use scorecards to monitor progress on specific projects and activities.
- Create strategy maps, impact diagrams, and other elements of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Maintain metrics in a centralised data store to ensure consistent definitions.
Communicate strategy and track your progress
- Visually capture organisational strategy to help departments and employees set priorities.
- Use status indicators and plan-versus-actual data to reveal progress against targets.
- Access business intelligence reports and other content from within the scorecarding environment to see details and context.
- Hover over scorecard impact diagrams to instantly reveal important information.
- Use menus to define threshold ranges, benchmarks, data source definitions, contact names and URLs.
Ensure accountability for performance
- Assign a primary owner for every metric to ensure greater accountability.
- Organise and view scorecards by status to quickly identify problem areas and focus on high-priority objectives.
- Set alerts to stay aware of changes in the status of metrics.
- Assign actions against metrics to apply corrective actions to poorly performing business areas.
Share with more user communities
- Populate metrics in any language, then display in the user’s preferred language.
- Monitor performance of business units, operating subsidiaries and geographic regions to quickly identify areas that need attention.
- Gain quick access through a single sign-on dialog box.
- Leverage scorecard information in dashboards and portals to access and communicate scorecard content and encourage adoption throughout the organisation.
Enjoy simple deployment and administration
- Create metrics, process diagrams and scorecards once and then share them across the organisation.
- Integrate cross-functional data from virtually any source, including OLAP, dimensionally-aware relational data, ERP and CRM systems.
- Use intuitive wizards to guide you through the design process and reduce the time spent in scorecard maintenance and updates.
- Benefit from a zero-footprint, Web-based deployment model, which reduces the administrative burden while encouraging user adoption.