World Wide Technical Support for Star Analytics products is transitioning to IBM Support Systems. Changes will take effect on June 18, 2013.
On February 01, 2013, Star Analytics entered into an agreement with the International Business Machines (“IBM”) Corporation for IBM to acquire the data integration and automation software portfolio of Star Analytics, including its “Star Integration Server” and “Star Command Center”. New releases of these software products were announced on May 14, 2013.
On June 18, 2013, IBM Star Analytics clients will be able to leverage IBM’s phone and electronic methods to contact IBM Star Analytics Technical Support. IBM’s Service Request Tool will be available to open Problem Management Reports (PMRs) electronically along with new phone numbers to contact IBM Star Analytics Technical Support. Existing Star Analytics phone numbers will automatically redirect to the new phone numbers. The IBM Support Handbook is an excellent resource to help clients work more effectively with IBM.
Towards the end of May and June, 2013, letters and emails will be sent to Star Analytics Primary Site Technical Contacts (STC). Information such as your IBM Customer Number (ICN), instructions on how to register for an IBM ID and instructions for how your STC can enable others in your organization to open PMRs will be included. For more information on IBM’s eSupport initiatives, please refer to http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21595189.
Note the following changes take effect on June 18, 2013:
- The Star Analytics Website, http://staranalytics.com/ will transition to http://www.ibm.com. The IBM Support Portal can be customized for your Star Analytics products; now known as IBM Cognos Integration Server 10.1 and IBM Cognos Command Center 10.1.
- Access methods are changing: To reach IBM Star Analytics Technical Support by phone in North America, call 1-800-IBM-SERV (1-800-426-7378). Outside of North America, refer to http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/region.html.
- Access methods are changing: The Star Analytics web portal to submit cases online will be disabled on June 18. To open a new case with IBM Star Analytics Technical Support electronically, use IBM’s Service Request Tool.
- Technical Support will be provided in accordance to the IBM Support Handbook.
- To download IBM Cognos Integration Server 10.1 or IBM Cognos Command Center 10.1 software, login to Passport Advantage Online.
The IBM Star Analytics Technical Support team will continue to focus on delivering customer satisfaction without compromise. As we work to integrate Star Analytics and IBM Support, we will offer IBM Star Analytics clients expanded customer capabilities through the existing IBM Support infrastructure. For the most current information on the Star Analytics Technical Support transition to IBM, please check back to this page: http://www.ibm.com/software/analytics/staranalytics/customercenter/support.html.
- Doing Business with IBM documents have been posted for clients to reference
- Should you have any questions regarding support processes or the support integration to IBM, please e-mail email@example.com for further assistance.