IBM Cognos Express Features
With Cognos Express, you can equip everyone in your organization with the tools to outperform – including reports, analysis, dashboards, visualizations, what-if analysis, plans, budgets and more.
Cognos Express is based on these integrated core capabilities:
- A powerful in-memory analytics server to deliver fast responses to business questions
- Flexible data access to relational, OLAP and local data sources in any combination
- A common web portal that delivers a single shared view of the business
- Tight security supporting single sign-on
- A simple management console to control installation, configuration and operation
This shared foundation enables you to incorporate BI and performance management capabilities into your business easily and affordably.
IBM Cognos Express Business Intelligence User
IBM Cognos Express Business Intelligence User provides comprehensive self-service reporting and analysis capabilities for workgroups and midsize organizations. It meets all of your reporting needs, while helping to reduce the cost and time needed to share information throughout the organization.
- A breadth of reporting capabilities, including financial, production, operational, transactional, and managed reports
- A complete, consistent view of information organization-wide to ensure users work with the same accurate data at all times
- Extensible visualization capabilities to help bring data to life for interpretation and analysis
- Support for mobile workers who want to discover opportunities and analyze trends, regardless of their location, situation or connectivity
- Interactive flexible reporting capabilities and access to all corporate data in any combination for comprehensive, accurate reports
- Simple, intuitive, drag-and-drop authoring capabilities for self-service reporting by any user
- Integration with Microsoft Office so users can work with consistent data across applications
IBM Cognos Express Performance Management User
IBM Cognos Express Performance Management User helps midsize organizations gain deeper insights into business performance and react more quickly to changing business conditions. It combines Microsoft Excel® -based business analysis and optimization with intuitive tools for planning, budgeting and forecasting, offering an alternative to manual spreadsheet and planning processes.
- Powerful “what-if” modeling for building and testing business scenarios
- Integrated scorecarding to measure progress toward planned objectives
- Write-back capabilities for updating plans immediately and aligning resources with opportunities
- Centrally managed data, business hierarchies, rules and calculations to help eliminate data silos and inconsistencies throughout the organization
- The ability to drill down, sort, link and chart data
- Drag-and-drop planning model creation
- A blend of managed workflow and personalized analysis for improved business agility
- A web-based interface that enables business users to create plans, contribute plan data and view current plans without programming skills
- The flexibility to track, review, annotate and submit plans and budgets from mobile devices
- Prebuilt blueprints that support key business optimization tasks, including expense and capital planning, workforce management and profitability analysis
- An Excel environment that makes it easier for users to create custom analysis and what-if scenarios