IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7412 expands network security offering for 10 Gigabit networks and virtual environmentsIBM United States Services Announcement 611-041
August 23, 2011
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7412 delivers:
- A hybrid appliance with 4 x 10GbE small form factor pluggable plus (SFP+) for 10 Gigabit network connectivity and 12 x 1GbE small form factor pluggables for 1 Gigabit network connectivity in a single appliance.
- Three physical appliance variants to protect 10GbE networks of 5 Gigabits per second, 10 Gigabits per second, and more than 20 Gigabits per second.
- A dashboard that allows a single view of health, protection, and network statistics along with patch management statistics and log evidence.
- Embedded data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities designed to help protect personally identifiable information by monitoring and helping prevent leakage of personal identifiable information.
- Integration with IBM Rational® AppScan® for enhanced web application policy tuning.
- Full IPv6 capability, including IPv6 administration of the appliance, display of IPv6 events, display of IPv6 source, and destination IP addresses.
- Full appliance population of Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) and SFP+ transceivers. Combinations could be one of the following: 2 x 10 Gigbit SFP+ dual transceiver kits and 6 x 1 Gigabit dual transceiver kits, 1 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual transceiver kit and 7 x 1 Gigabit SFP dual transceiver kits, or 0 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual transceiver kits and 8 x 1Gigabit SFP dual transceiver kits.
- Support for SNMPV3.
- Real-time right click event blocking designed to help you immediately respond to attacks.
- Easy to install IBM chassis with toolless rack mounting.
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)-ready hardware.
For ordering, contact your IBM representative or an IBM Business Partner. For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255). Reference: YE001
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7412 provides a hybrid appliance for 10GbE and 1GbE networks in a single appliance. It includes SNMPv 3 support, key security features such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), web application protection, Injection Logic Protection, Shell Code Heuristics, virtual patch, and much more.
Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7412 is designed to:
- Help stop threats from compromising unpatched vulnerabilities without sacrificing high-speed network performance.
- Help protect networks, servers, desktops and revenue-generating applications from malicious threats such as Cross Site Scripting and SQL Injection.
- Conserve network bandwidth and help prevent network misuse and abuse from instant messaging and peer-to-peer file sharing resulting in recovering bandwidth and lowering costs.
- Provide a hybrid 10GbE and 1GbE interface appliance for extensible security that can grow as threats evolve and help reduce cost of deploying and managing point solutions.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
August 29, 2011
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7412 is designed to help stop Internet threats before they impact your business. Preemptive protection, or protection that works ahead of the threat, is available from IBM through its proprietary combination of line-speed performance, security intelligence, and a modular extensible protection engine that can add new layers of protection as threats evolve.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
For pricing information, contact your IBM Security representative at 1-800-776-2362.
Back to top
To order, contact your local IBM representative or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM Business Partner or IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) For IBM representative: firstname.lastname@example.org For IBM Business Partner: email@example.com Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 4/3 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Electronic Service Agent is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Rational, AppScan and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page