IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager V1.1 and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager V1.1, systems resource applications, designed for general business IT organizationsIBM United States Software Announcement 209-231
July 28, 2009
(Corrected on September 15, 2009)Chart updated in the Ordering information for Passport Advantage section.
(Corrected on August 21, 2009)Corrected media pack part number in the Ordering information section.
IBM® Tivoli® Foundations Application Manager V1.1
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is a systems resource appliance that provides the capabilities to monitor, alert, and report on the performance and availability of the server operating system, virtual servers, networks, databases, and e-mail applications, along with built in auto discovery, agent deployment, domain knowledge, and enhanced problem determination tools.
The IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager appliance runs on the Lotus® Foundations Start Server, which provides the software to help run your business with reliability, security, and simplicity. It is an ideal server for businesses with limited budgets and IT resources.
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is designed to help general business IT organizations with limited funds and resources, and achieve quick time to value with minimal installation and configuration time. IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is built with IBM Tivoli Monitoring and selected IBM Tivoli Monitoring agents. These are the same powerful programs used to manage server operating systems, virtual servers, networks, databases, and e-mail applications in an enterprise environment. You get all the power, in an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use appliance.
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager V1.1
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager is a service support management appliance, designed for general business customers, that provides basic service desk capabilities through IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) V3.0 aligned service request, incident, and problem management processes.
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager installs and configures quickly to help reduce time to value and integrates with Tivoli Foundations Application Manager appliance to provide robust support management capabilities.
Back to top
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- August 14, 2009: eGA
- September 11, 2009: pGA
Back to top
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager V1.1 is designed to help general business IT organizations with limited funds and resources, achieve quick time to value with minimal install and configuration time. IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is built with IBM Tivoli Monitoring technology.
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager provides:
- Intuitive deployment tools to help IT Administrators quickly deploy and get running for fast time-to-value.
- Intuitive Launch Pad navigation screen that allows both novice and expert users to quickly access essential operational, administrative screens, and reports.
- Built-in IT environment discovery for quick deployment of monitoring agents.
- Metrics for operating systems, virtual servers, networks, databases, and e-mail resource metrics for managing the performance and availability of your IT resources.
- User interface that can bring together the right set of data and reports (called workspaces) in an easy-to-use user experience.
- Predefined views and windows, called workspaces, that can deliver immediate value in displaying performance and availability data, as well as facilitating communication between individuals by providing a common view, with the flexibility to quickly create additional workspaces tailored to the needs of each individual or group.
- Built-in alerting situations and to help both novices and experts quickly identify, isolate, and resolve problems quickly.
- Integration with Tivoli Foundations Service Manager for complete end-to-end management of incidents and problems.
- Data warehousing for historical trending and reporting for any metric collected. Out-of-the-box reports to identify potential bottlenecks and track system utilization.
- IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager solutions run on top of Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Application Manager, which provides self-managing autonomics to help reduce IT complexity, by automating many critical functions including installation, configuration, security checks, and overall system management.
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager V1.1 is a new service support management solution, designed for general business customers, that provides basic service desk capabilities through IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3.0 aligned service request, incident, and problem management processes.
- Service request, incident and problem management: ITIL V3.0 aligned powerful visual process workflows to enable quick resolution of service requests, incidents and problems.
- Self-service portal: Allows end users to proactively address their own issues, thereby reducing calls to service desk. In addition, end users can submit tickets and check the status of the problem.
- E-mail listener: Can efficiently process inbound e-mail into service requests, streamline service desk operations, and increase user satisfaction.
- Remote diagnostic: Enables remote takeover and management of computer systems designed for quick resolution of problems related to the system.
- Remote takeover sessions are recorded and stored, making it ideal for highly sensitive or highly regulated environments where security and audit capability are essential.
- Knowledge management: Built-in, searchable solutions database enables agents to help resolve issues faster, and improve first call resolution rates. Designed to import content from third-party knowledge content provider such as RightAnswers. Popularity and ranking of the solution is visible to the end users.
- Survey creation and management tools: Out-of-the-box tools, such as surveys, to measure the satisfaction of end users.
- Reporting: Reporting engine is built on BIRT, an open source Eclipse-based reporting system that integrates smoothly with Java and J2EE application to produce compelling reports.
- Bulletin board: Real-time message display enables administrators to broadcast to various groups, including IT operations.
- Escalation management: Handles both functional and hierarchical escalation models that proactively monitors conditions and sends notifications to ensure prompt action.
- Manage IT and non-IT assets: Can be used to act as a service desk tool to provide support for both IT and non-IT assets.
- Work management: Enables definition and documentation of tasks, activities, run books, and other procedures easily. Helps ensure that the appropriate skills, certifications, or access authority is maintained.
- Dashboards and start centers: Real-time dashboards for IT operations offer information that can be acted on, and identify potential problem areas, enabling support to take appropriate corrective actions before critical services are adversely affected.
- Configuration tools: Flexible, easy configuration tools for screen customization,
workflow customization, and database configuration. Requiring no programming
skills, these tools enable users to easily and quickly configure the GUI dashboards,
key performance indicators (KPIs), reports, and database as needed. Configurator
- Workflow designer
- Application designer
- Database configuration tool
- Ticket templates: Out-of-the-box templates save time by prepopulating work order fields with information found in a service request.
- Role-based KPIs: Support staff, managers, or executives can monitor role-based KPIs in an easy to configure, intuitive graphical display. IT staff and managers can understand at a glance how well their operation is performing.
- Additional templates, workflows, and reports help decrease time to value,
- Start centers
- Ticket templates
- Incident and problem workflows
- KPIs and thresholds
- Queries and reports
- Escalations and notifications
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager are capable as of September 11, 2009, when used in accordance with IBM's associated documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A US Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) can be requested on the following Web site
Note: Tivoli Foundations Application Manager has the same deviation as IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
Back to top
Program Program number VRM name 5724-Y07 1.1 IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager 5724-Y08 1.1 IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
Back to top
Comprehensive education for IBM Tivoli products is offered through Worldwide Tivoli Education Delivery Services. A wide range of training options are available, including classes led by instructors, learning on demand, on-site training, and blended learning solutions.
For additional information, visit
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
Product documentation is available in both HTML and PDF versions in the following information centers:
- IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
- IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
Product documentation is also available on DVD.
The Quick Start Guide Documentation DVD for IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager provides both HTML and PDF versions in the form of an Eclipse Help Server plugin.
The Installation and Documentation DVD for IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager provides PDF versions of all documentation.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager and Application Manager can run on certified IBM hardware.
IBM certified server hardware:
- At a minimum 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD space and two single core CPUs or one dual core CPU. Recommended processors: two dual core CPUs or one quad core CPU.
- At least one IDE or SCSI hard disk.
- At least one Network Interface Card (NIC).
- IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance, model number 9234-CNx and model number 9234-DNx.
- IBM 3250 model number 4365-6BU.
Other IBM hardware supported by Lotus Foundations
Note that these may work with Tivoli appliances, but are not certified.
- IBM x3200 M2 Simple Swap SATA model number 4367-E1U (requires Intel® Pro 1000 PT Server Adapter (part number 39Y612)).
- IBM x3200 M2 Hot Swap SATA model number 4367-EIU (requires Intel Pro 1000 PT Server Adapter (part number 39Y612)).
- IBM x3200 M2 Hot Swap SAS model number 4367-42U (requires Intel Pro 1000 PT Server Adapter (part number 39Y612)).
- IBM x206 model number 8482-3MU.
- IBM x226 model number 8646-0AU.
- IBM x346 model number 8840-01U.
- IBM 3105 model number 4347-64x or model number 4347-22x.
- IBM 3200 (SATA Simple Swap and Hot Swap models) model number 4363-2DU or model number 4362-12U.
- IBM 3400 model number 7975-5AU.
Optional external peripherals: monitor, keyboard, mouse
Further compatibility can be checked with a compatibility and burn-in tool included in Lotus Foundations to confirm compatible device drivers and chipsets.
Note: "Certified" models refer to specific models that have been fully tested and validated in our lab. "Not certified" implies that we reserve the right to say no, in the event a specific hardware server is deemed incompatible, as that specific model has not been tested and validated in our lab.
Platform Agent Client (ITM OS (TEP desktop agents) client) AIX V5.3 - System i/System p Yes No AIX V6.1 - System i/System p Yes No HP-UX 11i v2 PA-RISC Yes No HP-UX 11i v2 IA64 Yes No HP-UX 11i v3 IA64 Yes No HP-UX 11i v3 PA-RISC Yes No RHEL 4 - x86-32 Yes Yes RHEL 4 - x86-64 Yes No RHEL 5 - System i/System p Power6 Yes No RHEL 5 - x86-32 Yes Yes RHEL 5 - x86-64 Yes No Solaris 10 - SPARC Yes No Solaris 10 x86-64 Yes No Solaris 9 - SPARC Yes No SUSE (SLES) 10.0 - System i/System p Yes No SUSE (SLES) 10.0 - x86-32 Yes Yes SUSE (SLES) 10.0 - x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition - x86-32 Yes No Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition - x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition - x86-32 Yes Yes Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition - x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition - x86-32 Yes Yes Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition - x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition - x86-32 Yes Yes Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition - x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x86-32 Yes Yes Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x86-64 Yes No Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86-32 Yes Yes Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86-64 Yes No Windows XP Professional - x86-64 Yes No Windows XP Professional with FDCC x86-32 Yes Yes
- Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Application Manager or Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Service Manager, or later
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a README file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Direct customer support
Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel. This fee service enhances your productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel helps answer questions pertaining to usage and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or visit
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager are distributed with:
- International Program License Agreement (Z125-3301)
- Publications (refer to the Publications section)
This program, when downloaded from a Web site, contains the applicable IBM license agreement and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
Security, auditability, and control
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager use the security and auditability features of the operating system software. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing
Tivoli software products are priced using Tivoli's Enhanced Value-Based Pricing. The Enhanced Value-Based Pricing system is based upon the Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model, which uses a managed-environment approach -- whereby price is determined by what is managed rather than the number and type of product components installed.
For example, all servers monitored with Tivoli's monitoring product (IBM Tivoli Monitoring) require entitlements sufficient for those servers. Other Tivoli products may manage clients, client devices, agents, network nodes, users, or other items, and are licensed and priced accordingly.
Unlike typical systems management licensing models that require entitlements of specific software components to specific systems, the IBM Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model provides the customer flexibility to deploy its Tivoli software products within its environment in a manner that can address and respond to the customer's evolving architecture. That is, as the architecture of a customer's environment changes, the customer's implementation of Tivoli software can be altered, as needed, without affecting the customer's license requirements (as long as the customer does not exceed its entitlements to the software).
Under Enhanced Value-Based Pricing, licensing and pricing of server-oriented applications are determined based upon the server's use in the customer's environment. Typically, such applications are licensed and priced in a manner that corresponds to each installed and activated processor core of the server managed by the Tivoli application to help correlate price to value while offering a simple solution.
For servers with physical or logical (sometimes called virtual) partitions, entitlements are required for all installed and activated processor cores on the server. For each Tivoli application managing a clustered environment, licensing is based on the cumulative number of installed and activated processor cores on each server in the cluster.
Enhanced Value-Based Pricing recognizes the convergence of RISC and UNIX® and Microsoft® Windows® and Intel technologies, in order to simplify the customer's licensing requirements, and to provide a smoother, more scalable model. Pricing and licensing do not differentiate between non-System z server platforms or operating systems. For some products, this platform neutrality extends to System z® and other host servers as well.
IBM Tivoli enhanced value-based pricing terminology definitions
An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside your enterprise. A Proof of Entitlement (PoE) must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user. NOTE: Authorized users have unique specific identity and IDs cannot be shared. An ID can establish one or more connections and count as a single authorized user.
An install is a copy or instance of the program in the enterprise.
An engine is also referred to as a central processor (CP) or processor. Engines for traditional workloads are called General Purpose CPs. Engines for Linux® workloads are called Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL) engines or Linux-only engines. Engines for Coupling Facility workloads are called Integrated Coupling Facility (ICF) engines.
An Enterprise is a person or single entity and the subsidiaries owned by more than 50 percent.
IBM Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL)
This optional facility enables additional processing capacity exclusively for Linux workload, with no effect on the model designation of a System z or OS/390® server. Consequently, executing Linux workload on the IBM IFL will not, in most cases, result in any increased IBM software charges for z/OS®, OS/390, VM, VSE, or TPF operating systems or applications. There is, as indicated, a charge associated with the IFL, and there may also be a charge for applications that run on the IFL.
The IFL may be dedicated to a single Linux-mode logical partition or it may be shared by multiple Linux-mode logical partitions. Installations should note that the Linux workspace enabled by this facility will not support any of the S/390® traditional operating systems (OS/390, TPF, VSE, or VM). Only Linux applications or Linux operating in conjunction with the Virtual Image Facility, an environment that operates within a logical partition or in native S/390 mode and provides the capability to create multiple Linux images, is supported by the IBM S/390 IFL.
Managed processor core (charging under full capacity in the managed environment)
Managed Processor core charges are based on the active processor cores on the machines in the computing environment affiliated with the program rather than on the server where the program is run. The managed processor cores that require PoEs are defined in the License Information's program-unique terms.
- IBM defines a physical processor in a computer as a functional unit that interprets and executes instructions. A physical processor consists of at least an instruction control unit and 1 or more arithmetic and logic units.
- Multicore technology allows two or more processor (commonly called cores) to be active on a single silicon chip. With multicore technology, IBM considers each core to be a physical processor. For example, in a dual-core chip, there are two physical processors residing on the single silicon chip.
- The program may not run on some or all of the processors for which PoEs are required by the program's valuation method.
- In the System z IFL environment, each IFL engine is considered a single physical processor.
- Threading, a technique which makes a single processor seem to perform as two or more, does not affect the count of physical processors.
- Where blade technology is employed, each blade is considered a separate server and charging is based upon the total number of processors
Millions of Service Units (MSU) is defined as millions of CPU service units per hour; the measure of capacity used to describe the computing power of the hardware processors on which S/390 or System z software runs. Processor MSU values are determined by the hardware vendor, IBM, or Software Compatible Vendors (SCVs).
For more detailed information about System z software pricing, go to
A server is a computer system that executes requested procedures, commands, or applications to one or more user or client devices over a network. A PoE must be obtained for each server on which the program or a component of the program is run or for each server managed by the program. Where blade technology is employed, each blade is considered a separate server.
Standby or backup systems
For programs running or resident on backup machines, IBM defines three types of situations: cold, warm and hot. In cold and warm situations, a separate entitlement for the copy on the backup machine is normally not required and typically no additional charge applies. In a hot backup situation, the customer needs to acquire other licenses or entitlements sufficient for that server. All programs running in backup mode must be solely under the customer's control, even if running at another enterprise's location.
As a practice, the following are definitions and allowable actions concerning the copy of the program used for backup purposes:
- Cold: A copy of the program may reside, for backup purposes, on a machine as long as the program is not started. There is no additional charge for this copy.
- Warm: A copy of the program may reside for backup purposes on a machine and is started, but is idling, and is not doing any work of any kind. There is no additional charge for this copy.
- Hot: A copy of the program may reside for backup purposes on a machine, is started, and is doing work. The customer must acquire a license or entitlements for this copy and there will generally be an additional charge.
Doing work includes, for example, production, development, program maintenance, and testing. It also could include other activities such as mirroring of transactions, updating of files, synchronization of programs, data, or other resources (for example, active linking with another machine, program, database or other resource, and so on), or any activity or configurations that would allow an active hot switch or other synchronized switch-over between programs, databases, or other resources to occur.
In the case of a program or system configuration that is designed to support a high availability environment by using various techniques (for example, duplexing, mirroring of files or transactions, maintaining a heartbeat, active linking with another machine, program, database, or other resource,), the program is considered to be doing work in the hot situation and a license or entitlement must be purchased.
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements, which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurements are processor cores and MSUs. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as servers, users, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a specific implementation of the given program must be obtained from a conversion table associated with the program. Customers must obtain a PoE for the appropriate number of Value Unit entitlements for their implementation. The Value Unit entitlements of a given program cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program. Whenever the designated measurement is a processor core, not all processor cores require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To determine the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the Processor Value Unit conversion table on the Passport Advantage Web site
Product and licensing Web sites
A complete list of IBM Tivoli products is available at
IBM Tivoli product licensing documents are available at
Through the Passport Advantage Agreement, you may receive discounted pricing based on their total volume of eligible products, across all IBM brands, acquired worldwide. The volume is measured by determining the total Passport Advantage points value of the applicable acquisitions. Passport Advantage points are only used for calculating the Entitled Passport Advantage discount.
To determine the required IBM Tivoli product configuration under Passport Advantage, the IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing Model applies. The customer's environment is evaluated on a per-product basis.
Use the following two-step process to determine the total Passport Advantage points value:
- Analyze your environment to determine the number of charge units for a product. The quantity of each product's part numbers to be ordered is determine by that analysis.
- Order the Passport Advantage part numbers. A Passport Advantage point value, which is the same worldwide for a specific part number regardless of where the order is placed, is assigned to each IBM Tivoli product part number. The Passport Advantage point value for the applicable part number, multiplied by the quantity for that part number, will determine the Passport Advantage points for that IBM Tivoli product part number. The sum of these Passport Advantage points determines the Passport Advantage point value of the applicable IBM Tivoli product authorizations which then may be aggregated with the point value of other applicable Passport Advantage product acquisitions to determine the total Passport Advantage points value.
The discounted pricing available through Passport Advantage is expressed in the form of Suggested Volume Prices (SVPs), which vary depending on the SVP level. Each SVP level is assigned a minimum total Passport Advantage point value, which must be achieved, in order to qualify for that SVP level.
Media packs and documentation packs do not carry Passport Advantage points and are not eligible for SVP discounting.
For additional information on Passport Advantage, refer to the following
The following Passport Advantage part number categories may be orderable:
- License and Software Maintenance 12 Months - This is the product authorization with maintenance to the first anniversary date.
- Annual Software Maintenance Renewal - This is the maintenance renewal for one anniversary that applies when a customer renews their existing coverage period prior to the anniversary date at which it expires.
- Software Maintenance Reinstatement 12 months - This is for customers who have allowed their Software Maintenance to expire, and later wish to reinstate their Software Maintenance.
- Media packs - These are the physical media, such as CD-ROMs, that deliver the product's code.
- Documentation packs - These contain printed documentation such as the User's Guide and Release Notes.
Distributed pricing examples
The following examples are provided to illustrate your licensing requirements.
References to processor-based licensing do not represent the actual number of entitlements required. Entitlement requirements are Value Unit based, with the exception of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Processors referenced in these examples represent the designated measurement on which the required number of Value Unit entitlements will be calculated. The number of Value Units required per processor will depend on the processor type. For more information, refer to the Value Unit definition in IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing terminology definitions. To determine the number of Value Unit entitlements required per processor, refer to the processor Value Unit conversion table on the Passport Advantage Web site
References to all other non-processor-based metrics do represent the actual number of entitlements required, unless other designated measurements are referenced or unless otherwise specified.
The pricing example below should be used to determine required license entitlements for the following distributed products:
Pricing example of IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager requires licensing of two parts, IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundation Application Manager and IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager as described below:
- IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
The IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager appliance runs on the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server and the Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Application Manager license is required for the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server. Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is license by Server for the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server.
- IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager is priced based on the customer's managed environment and license are need for each server being managed. The following customer network (referred to as the core environment) examplet is used to enable the reader to see where products tend to manage something less than the entire environment. The customer's overall core environment includes:
- 20 uniprocessor cores
- 65 2-way servers
- 12 4-way servers
- One 8-way server
- One 12-way server with two virtual or logical partitions
- One 14-way server
- One 16-way Sun Ultra Server with two 8-way physical partitions (only one of which is managed by Tivoli applications)
- One 24-way server
The customer wants to manage the applicable distributed server environment, which requires Processor Value Unit entitlements associated with the following number of processor cores:
Systems managed Quantity in customer Processor cores to be licensed environment licensed Uniprocessor core 20 20 2-way 65 130 4-way 12 48 8-way 1 8 12-way (2 logical partitions) 1 12 14-way 1 14 16-way (2 physical partitions, 1 16 one of which is managed by Tivoli applications) 24-way 1 24 Total processors to be licensed 272
- Licensee may only use Tivoli Foundations Application Manager to monitor and collect data, from a maximum of 150 servers up to the level of licensee's entitlements (managed servers). Any virtual machines shall count toward the maximum number of managed servers.
- Licensee may only install and use Tivoli Foundations Application Manager on the supported IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance Servers specified in the program documentation.
- Licensee may only use the Tivoli Data Warehouse database component of Tivoli Foundations Application Manager with Tivoli Foundations Application Manager and any other Tivoli Foundation branded appliance software program or hardware. Licensee may not use the Tivoli Data Warehouse component with any other software program or hardware.
Pricing example for IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Service Manager requires licensing of 2 parts, IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundation Services Manager and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager as described below:
- Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
The IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager appliance runs on the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server and the Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Service Manager license is required for the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server. Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations Service Manager is license by Server for the Lotus Foundations Appliance Server.
- IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager is licensed per authorized user and per install. If a customer has 5 authorized users for one IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager appliance, the following licensing scheme applies:
Quantity in License customer entitlements Orderable component environment required IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager 5 5 - Authorized User IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager 1 1 - Install
- For Tivoli Foundations Service Manager, licensee can buy maximum of 20 authorized user licenses only.
- Licensee may only install and use Tivoli Foundations Service Manager on the supported IBM Lotus Foundations Appliance Servers specified in the program documentation.
- Lotus Foundation Start Server license to be used only for Tivoli Foundations Service Manager.
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product group: Performance and Availability Management Product Identifier Description: IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager - 5724-Y07 IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager - 5724-Y08 Product category: Tivoli Foundations Manager
Orders for new licenses will be accepted now.
Shipment will begin on the planned availability date.
Ordering information for Passport Advantage
Passport Advantage allows you to have a common anniversary date for Software Maintenance renewals, which can simplify management and budgeting for eligible new versions and releases (and related technical support) for your covered products. The anniversary date, established at the start of your Passport Advantage Agreement, will remain unchanged while your Passport Advantage Agreement remains in effect. New software purchases will initially include twelve full months of Software Maintenance. Software Maintenance in the second year (the first year of renewal) can be prorated to be coterminous with your common anniversary date. Thereafter, all Software Maintenance will renew at the common anniversary date for twelve full months of maintenance.
Refer to the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement and to the IBM Software Support Handbook for specific terms relating to, and a more complete description of, technical support provided through Software Maintenance.
The quantity to be specified for the Passport Advantage part numbers in the following table is per required number of Processor Value Units. To order for Passport Advantage, specify the desired part number and quantity.
To order a media pack for Passport Advantage, specify the part number in the desired quantity from the following table:
5724-Y07 Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
Description Part number IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager BJ0TAEN V1.1 Media Pack IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager D0AT9LL 10 Processor Value Unit ( 10 PVU) Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager E07NLLL 10 Processor Value Unit (10 PVU) Annual SW S&S Rnwl IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager D0ATALL 10 Processor Value Unit (10 PVU) SW S&S Reinstate 12 Mo IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations BJ0T6ML Application Manager V1.1 Media Pack IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations D0AT5LL Application Manager Server Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations E07NJLL Application Manager Server Annual SW S&S Rnwl IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations D0AT6LL Application Manager Server SW S&S Reinstate 12 Mo
5724-Y08 Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
Description Part number IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager V1.1 Media Pack BJ0T5ML Multiplatform, Multilingual IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Install D0ATFLL Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Install E07NPLL Annual SW S&S Rnwl IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Install D0ATGLL SW S&S Reinstate 12 Mo IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Authorized D0ATHLL User Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Authorized E07NQLL User Annual SW S&S Rnwl IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager Authorized D0ATILL User SW S&S Reinstate 12 Mo IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations BJ0T8ML Service Manager V1.1 Media Pack IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations D0ATDLL Service Manager Server Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations E07NNLL Service Manager Server Annual SW S&S Rnwl IBM Lotus Foundations Start for Tivoli Foundations D0ATELL Service Manager Server SW S&S Reinstate 12 Mo
IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager V1.1 and IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager V1.1 are also available, via Web download, from Passport Advantage.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information form numbers
- L-KCAN-7RDUDB - IBM Tivoli Foundations Application Manager
- L-BDUK-7TAPHP - IBM Tivoli Foundations Service Manager
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, consult the IBM Software Support Handbook found at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer
You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO)
IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Yes. Usage is limited to the quantity of processor Value Units licensed.
For additional information, refer to the License Information document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel
System i Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
For Passport Advantage and charges, contact your IBM representative or your authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
Back to top
To order, contact your local IBM representative or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM Business Partner or IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) For IBM representative: firstname.lastname@example.org For IBM Business Partner: email@example.com Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: SE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Electronic Service Agent is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Tivoli, Lotus, Passport Advantage, System z, OS/390, z/OS, S/390 and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IT Infrastructure Library is a registered trademark of the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, which is now part of the Office of Government Commerce.
ITIL is a registered trademark, and a registered community trademark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Java and all Java-based trademarks are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both.
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page
Back to top