IBM Lotus CEO Community Collaboration Bundle delivers a complete communications collaboration solutionIBM United States Software Announcement 208-149
June 24, 2008
|Table of contents||Document options|
(Corrected on July 3, 2008)
|At a glance|
IBM Lotus CEO Community Collaboration Bundle combines the benefits of the latest releases of IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced, and IBM Lotus Quickr, offering a complete collaboration solution at a great value. The bundle can help:
- Utilize the collective knowledge of the organization, partners and customers
- Dynamically build new connections between people, the information they know and the tasks they are executing.
- Communicate and collaborate faster and easier with market-leading unified communications and collaboration capabilities
- Streamline group discussion and decision making by making sure that all members of a team or group can see the whole conversation
- Find information and share expertise in real time through new broadcast community tools
- Quickly share your screen in real time, speeding up information sharing and potentially reducing help desk costs
- Access and interact with all the people, information, and project materials you need to get your job done faster
- Make better, more informed decisions with easy access to people and information.
- Easily set up security-rich online team spaces, organize and share everyday business files, collaboratively author and edit content, and coordinate meetings and events.
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
The IBM Lotus® CEO Community Collaboration Bundle, which combines the benefits of the latest releases of IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Sametime®, and IBM Lotus Quickr, is updated to include all of the capabilities of IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced.
For organizations that need advanced collaboration within specific departments or across the entire global enterprise IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced software will help make it easy to find information and share expertise, engage in ongoing conversations, share one's desktop instantaneously for collaboration or help desk support, and automatically store and reuse geographic location information.
IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced 8.0 software includes all of the capabilities of the IBM Lotus Sametime Standard 8.0 along with ground-breaking functionality for real-time community collaboration.
With IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced, employees and teams can:
- Search for experts and get the answers they need, even when they are unsure whom to ask
- Share, capture, and reuse knowledge in real time
- Maintain ongoing conversations and share information in dedicated forums through persistent group chat
- Quickly share screens, desktops, and applications with coworkers, helping to speed communication and understanding
- Know where other colleagues are at any given time by using the software's advanced geographic location services
IBM Lotus Connections is the industry's first social software designed specifically for business. Utilize the collective knowledge of organization, partners, and customers by dynamically building new connections between people, the information they know, and the tasks they are executing.
IBM Lotus Connections includes:
- Directory and expertise location tools for creating and managing communities of interest; blogging capability
- Innovative social bookmarking for helping you find pre-qualified information faster
- An activities tool, to help you manage all the information and people associated with a specific task
IBM Lotus Quickr is team software that lets users access and interact with all the people, information, and project materials users need to get the job done faster and make better, more informed decisions.
- The rich features of IBM Lotus Quickr allow users to easily set up security-rich online team spaces, organization and share everyday business files, collaboratively author and edit content, and coordinate meetings and events.
- The connectors included with IBM Lotus Quickr let users work both from a Web browser and right from your favorite desktop programs, such as IBM Lotus Notes®, IBM Lotus Sametime, and Microsoft® Office.
- Extranet support in IBM Lotus Quickr allows you to easily extend your collaboration to strategic partners and customers outside the enterprise's firewall.
- When traveling, IBM Lotus Quickr team spaces can be taken offline.
June 24, 2008
- Electronic software delivery
- Media and documentation
Back to top
IBM Lotus CEO Community Collaboration Bundle provides a rich collaboration solution at a great value. Its components are built on open standards and extensible by customers and by independent software vendors. IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced, and IBM Lotus Quickr are flexible and designed to integrate into the current environment, running on multiple server operating systems and working with multiple releases of desktop software.
Refer to the individual channel announcements for IBM Lotus Sametime, IBM Lotus Quickr and IBM Lotus Connections for more details on each component of the IBM Lotus Community Collaboration Bundle.
IBM Lotus Connections delivers the following integrated components to meet the security, scalability, and integration requirements of a growing business. These components may be accessed via a browser, through e-mail, instant messaging, and portal software that is already in use today.
- Profiles let users quickly find the people they need by searching across the organization using keywords that help identify expertise or current projects.
- Communities allow users to create, find, join, and work with communities of people who share a common responsibility or area of expertise.
- Blogs help users to present your ideas and receive feedback while learning from the experience of others.
- Dogear functionality let users save your bookmarks, either as private or shared, so that information can be quickly accessed.
- Activities component gives users the power to organize work, plan next steps, and easily tap their expanding professional network to help execute everyday deliverables faster.
IBM Lotus Sametime, an award-winning and market-leading platform for unified communications and collaboration, offers integrated instant messaging and Web conferencing capabilities with the security features required for business use. IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced software introduces four new capabilities centered around real-time community collaboration, in addition to including all of the capabilities provided by the IBM Lotus Sametime Standard offerings.
- Persistent group chat. Allows users to keep a continuous chat discussion running on a specific topic. As new people join the always running discussion, they see the entire history of the conversation. People can monitor the chat rooms to which they have subscribed, see how many people and unread messages are in each, and set up alerts based on certain words, the number of unread messages, or the number of active participants.
- Skill tap: Allows users to broadcast questions to a community of colleagues, and lets experts volunteer to help within a specific community. Responses can be archived for future reuse (for example, searches, FAQs), and expertise rankings can be established based on the quality of responses.
- Instant poll: Allows users to gather answers and opinions to polling questions in real time.
- Broadcast chat: Allows users to invite members of a community to a group conversation.
- Announcements: Keeps everyone in the loop and informed of upcoming events.
- Instant share: Allows users to instantaneously start sharing their screen with one or more contacts.
- Location server: Creates a central store for geographic location.
In addition to these new capabilities, IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced users will have access to all of the features available in the IBM Lotus Sametime Standard offering, including:
- Encrypted and authenticated instant messaging
- Web conferencing
- Voice over IP (VoIP) voice chat within the enterprise
- Point-to-point video
- Integration with leading telephony, audio and video providers
- Mobile clients
- Federation with supported public instant messaging (IM) networks
- Toolkits for embedding presence in applications and Web sites
- An extensible client built on the open Eclipse framework
- A robust IBM Business Partner network of third party solutions
IBM Lotus Quickr helps you organize and share content, work as a team, and manage the e-mail glut. It delivers three integrated components:
- Content repository enables easy storage of content (for example, Microsoft Office documents, videos, and media files) on security-rich servers that IT can regularly back up. Also, users can organize content, authorize others to read, edit, or manage content, and receive updates into your favorite feed reader when content is updated. IBM Lotus Domino®- and Java-based repositories are provided. Customers may deploy either or both.
- Content and Team Services provide capability to store, organize, access, and share content and team projects. Specifically, IBM Lotus Quickr provides content libraries that support check-in/check-out and customization, team calendar and milestone tracking tools, team blogs, wikis, and announcement lists.
- Connectors provide access to content libraries directly from desktop applications such as IBM Lotus Notes, IBM Lotus Sametime, Microsoft Office, and Windows® Explorer; they plug into desktop applications through a set of downloadable connectors (similar to plug-ins) that provide access to IBM Lotus Quickr software from within desktop applications.
All the components of the IBM Community Collaboration Bundle IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Sametime, and IBM Lotus Quickr provide compelling, intuitive user interfaces, making them simple to learn without an extensive investment in end-user training. Early adopters of these collaborative solutions in any end-user community can easily encourage others to participate by getting them started with a few basic instructions; thus, helping to overcome the adoption gap that makes other team collaboration solutions ineffective.
Potential benefits of the IBM Lotus CEO Community Collaboration Bundle include:
- Business tasks and decisions can be executed faster, allowing for quick access to information and experts from an expanded professional network, with a complete array of tools for working together.
- Information and knowledge can be more effectively shared across the organization and securely stored so they are not lost as employees move about.
- Collaboration is not confined to geographic location. Your organization can share and leverage teams from across the globe to achieve optimal results.
- A cost-effective, consistent approach to real-time collaboration is provided within an encrypted, authenticated, managed environment.
- Decisions can be made with confidence knowing they can be vetted by experts across the organization and reflect past experience.
- Innovative products and services are spawned from communities of employees, partners, and customers driving growth in the business.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act: IBM CEO Community Collaboration is capable as of June 24, 2008, when used in accordance with associated IBM documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), containing details on the products accessibility compliance, can be requested at
IPLA and Subscription and Support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product
license entitlement. Subscription and Support will be available in the
country in which the agreement is made.
Back to top
|Statement of direction|
It is the intention of IBM Lotus to continue to offer feature-rich, scalable, secure, easy-to-use software for team collaboration, real-time communications, Web conferencing, social networking, and managing content, regardless of company size and industry focus.
All statements regarding IBM plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
To locate an IBM Business Partner, visit
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage®. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product Licensed function title Product group category IBM Lotus(R) Community Collaboration CEO Bundle CEO Bundle CEO PID Charge unit Program name number description IBM Lotus Community Collaboration 5724-S86 User CEO
Charge metrics definitions
"CEO Product Categories" (groupings of eligible products) are obtained on a per-user basis. You must obtain your first CEO Product Category ("Primary Product Category") for all users within your Enterprise and for not less than the number of users specified in the CEO Product Categories Table at
A "user" is an individual to whom a machine capable of copying, using, or extending the use of programs has been assigned. You may obtain additional CEO Product Categories if you meet the minimum number of Users requirement specified in the CEO Product Category in the CEO Product Categories Table at
However, you need not obtain additional CEO Product Categories for all Users within your Enterprise.
A User may use any or all of the programs included in a chosen CEO Product Category. However, all IBM programs that are used for client access must be obtained from the same CEO Product Category as the server program they access.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor core is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor core consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processor cores require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To calculate the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the value unit table on the following Web site
With full capacity licensing, a Proof of Entitlement (PoE) must be acquired for the appropriate number of value units based on all activated processor cores available for use on the server.
An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside Your enterprise. A Proof of Entitlement (PoE) must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
Passport Advantage program licenses
IBM CEO Community Collaboration
Part description Part number IBM Lotus Community Collaboration CEO Community Collaboration CEO D61AQLL User(s) License & SW Maintenance 12 Months Community Collaboration CEO E03Y2LL User(s) SW Maintenance Annual Renewal Community Collaboration CEO D61ARLL User(s) SW Maintenance Reinstatement 12 Months
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the
United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to
qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a
customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type,
and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top