IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1 helps you manager end-user requests through service desk and service catalog componentsIBM United States Software Announcement 208-106
May 13, 2008
|At a glance|
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager helps you manage end-user requests effectively despite tighter IT budgets and fewer resources. Use Tivoli Service Request Manager to help:
- Streamline incident and problem management processes for more rapid service restoration at an appropriate cost
- Increase the availability of critical IT services
- Optimize productivity of service-desk personnel and increase end-user satisfaction
- Maximize IT infrastructure stability and availability
- Establish a common solution for global support
- Align IT operations and your business with service level management, service provisioning, and service catalog
- Enable internal customers to shop for published IT service offerings through service catalog
- Assign and track service level agreement compliance to your service request
- Associate cost to your IT service offerings and manage consumption
- Implement standardized and repeatable IT service fulfillment processes
- Support ITIL processes for managing incidents and problems
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM Tivoli® Service Request Manager V7.1 delivers end-user service request management through service desk and service catalog components.
- Service desk offers day-to-day management of incidents and problems.
- Service catalog enables users to obtain IT services through published service offerings.
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
May 16, 2008, Electronic
June 13, 2008, Physical media
Back to top
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1 manages end-user service requests through service desk and service catalog components. The key features are:
Configuration tools: Flexible, easy configuration tools for screen customization, workflow
customization, and database configuration. Requiring no programming skills, these tools enable
users to easily and quickly configure the GUI dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs),
reports, and database as needed. Configurator tools are:
- Workflow designer
- Application designer
- Database configuration tool
Self-service: Web-based portal enables end users to:
- Create service requests
- Shop for an IT service through an offering catalog
- View the status of their requests or catalog orders
- Search for solutions from the knowledgebase to proactively address their own issues, thus reducing calls to the service desk
- View bulletin board messages
- Service level management: Service level agreements between IT and line of business can be generated using built-in service level management tools. Appropriate escalation mechanisms can also be built into SLAs.
- Migration manager: Migrates configuration settings from one environment to another (for example, from development to test to production)
- Dashboards and start centers: Real-time dashboards for IT operations offer information that can be acted on and identify potential problem areas, enabling support to take appropriate corrective actions before critical services are adversely affected. These can be customized and seamlessly migrated to the next version.
- Ticket templates: Out-of-box templates save time by prepopulating work order fields with information found in a service request.
- Role-based KPIs: Support staff, managers, or executives can monitor role-based KPIs in an easy to configure, intuitive graphical display. IT staff and managers can understand at a glance how well their operation is performing.
- Interactive, action-based workflows: Guides users through a process or activity based on the context of data entered. Workflows are easily customized, versioned, and replicated using the Workflow Designer tool. Reduces training requirements, promoting ease of use and greater accuracy of information.
- Escalation management: Handles both functional and hierarchical escalation models, ensuring proper management of resources to achieve service levels. Proactively monitors conditions and sends notifications to ensure prompt action.
- Work management: Enables definition and documentation of tasks, activities, run books, and other procedures easily. Ensures that the appropriate skills, certifications, or access authority is maintained.
- E-mail listener: Efficiently processes inbound e-mail into service requests, streamlining service desk operations and increasing user satisfaction.
- Integration: Seamlessly integrates with CCMDB V7.1.1, Maximo Asset Manager V7.1, and IBM Tivoli Asset Manager for IT V7.1 products through shared infrastructure across entire solution. Fully integrated with event management products such as IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console, Omnibus, and NetView® for zOS; event enrichment product such as Netcool Impact; IBM Tivoli Identity Manager; and IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler. Data integrations from IBM Tivoli Application Discovery Manager, TCM, Microsoft® SMS, SAP, Oracle, and others.
- Reporting: Reporting engine is built on BIRT, an open source Eclipse-based reporting system that integrates smoothly with Java/J2EE application to produce compelling reports. More than 30 reports are included out-of-the-box. Report building tools are available for custom reports.
- Full upgrade from V6.2.1: Utilities are available to upgrade from IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V6.2.1 to V7.1. Upgrades include not only migration of data but also all customizations and configurations.
- Remote diagnostic: Enables remote takeover and management of computer systems. Remote takeover sessions are recorded and stored, making it ideal for highly sensitive or highly regulated environments where security and audit capability are essential.
- Instant messaging: Out-of-the box integration with Lotus® Sametime® enables service desk agents to open chat sessions with users to understand their problems better.
- Computer telephony integration: Integration with computer telephony and interactive voice response software is available for automated operator routing and caller identification. This integration can be obtained from the Open Process Automation Library (OPAL) download site.
- Knowledge management: Built-in, searchable solutions database enables agents to resolve issues faster, improving first call resolution rates. Designed to imports content from third-party knowledge content provider such as RightAnswers. Popularity and ranking of the solution is visible to the end users. Subject matter experts can review the proposed solution to the knowledgebase content before it is accepted, thereby controlling the quality of the content that goes into the knowledgebase.
- Survey creation and management tools: Out-of-the-box tools to measure the satisfaction of end users.
- Integration toolkit: Out-of-the-box toolkit enables you to integrate with additional third-party vendor products
Best practices contents: Helps decrease time to value. It includes:
- Start centers
- Ticket templates
- Incident and problem workflows
- KPIs and thresholds
- Queries and reports
- Escalations and notifications
- Bulletin board: Real-time message display enables administrators to broadcast to various groups, including IT operations.
Integrated Service Catalog enables end users to shop for IT services through an offering catalog. It associates cost to the service offering and manages consumption. A Web-based catalog with an integrated shopping cart function offers workflow-based automation of service request fulfillment. Out-of-the-box service catalog contents include workflows, job plans, tasks, and activities for service offerings.
Examples of service offering contents include:
- Build new standard server image
- Build new standard server image with middleware
- Deploy server to floor
- Perform initial build activities
- Server lock down
- DBMS install and configure
- Add database to server
- Remove database from server
- Middleware install and configure (in nested job plans)
- Middleware install and configure (customer request)
- Office move
- Minor facility request
Lotus Notes® ID
- Change password
- Change user name or certifier
- Create account
- Delete account
- Firewall service request
- Minor site enhancement
- I&S network consulting
- Bandwidth analysis assessment
- Build new server
- Build new server with middleware
- ID request
- The service catalog also supports complete life-cycle management of a service offering.
Tooling for creating and managing services includes definitions of:
- Service offerings
- Fulfillment options
- Service fulfillment monitoring
- The integrated order fulfillment mechanism links to third-party vendor resources through the integration toolkit.
IBM Tivoli Integration Adapter
IBM Tivoli Integration Adapters enable integration with a wide variety of systems management and discovery tools. They aggregate, integrate, and normalize all data into one central repository, streamlining enterprise IT management reporting and decision support functions. Highlights include:
- Connects easily with third-party IT asset inventory and system management tools, allowing immediate consolidation of information from multiple tools onto a single repository.
Facilitates shorter implementation times by leveraging prebuilt adapters to common auto-discovery
and system management tools, including:
- IBM Tivoli License Compliance Manager
- IBM Tivoli License Compliance Manager for z/OS®
- IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
- IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager
- IBM Tivoli Network Manager (NetCool/Precision for IP Networks)
- Maximo Discovery
- Centennial Discovery
- Microsoft SMS
- Altiris Inventory Solution
- HP CM Inventory Manager V6.21
- Maximo MainControl V6.21
- Allows companies to leverage investments in existing IT asset inventory solutions.
- Enables a complete integration environment without requiring internal staff to function as systems integrators.
- Offers a comprehensive view of the entire business infrastructure.
- The following adapter supports only IBM Tivoli Request Manager V6.2.1 and is no longer available for IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1: HP Configuration Management Inventory Manager
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager is capable as of May 16, 2008, when used in accordance with IBM's associated documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A U.S. Section 508 VPAT, containing details on the products accessibility compliance, can be requested at
Back to top
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager offers:
- Integrated solution for all asset and service management
- Flexibility and easy configuration
- Configurations that are kept intact when upgrading
- No coding required
- Web-architected platform built on J2EE with advanced business process management, based on SOA, Web services, and XML
- Product built from the ground-up on the ITIL framework
Out-of-the-box capabilities accelerate ROI:
- Configuration tools
- Incident and problem management
- Role-based KPIs
- Interactive action based workflows
- Work management
- E-mail listener
- Ticket templates
- Bulletin board
- Escalation management
Many competitive products:
- Unable to manage all asset classes in the enterprise along with integrated service management from a single platform
- Customizations require development coding work and are not done on the fly
- Customizations do not upgrade; upgrades require a rip-and-replace of the system
- Based on older, proprietary technology that does not integrate well
- Retrofitted to align with ITIL
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager is part of the overall service support enabling incident problem and SLA management. IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager complements Asset and Configuration management processes.
Back to top
Comprehensive education for IBM Tivoli® products is offered through Worldwide Tivoli Education Delivery Services. A wide range of training options are available, including classes led by instructors, learning on demand, on-site training, and blended learning solutions.
For additional information, visit
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
The following hardcopy publication will be shipped with the product:
Publication Description number Tivoli Service Request Manager Quick Start Guide GI11-8193
No other printed publications are shipped with this program.
All information for IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager (including the Quick Start Guide) will be available in an information center to be delivered on the product DVD, the Quick Start DVD, and an IBM Web site. For more information, visit
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 50 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries free of charge.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Client workstation: The workstation where you work and access the Tivoli Service Request Manager product.
- Intel® Pentium®-based processor
- 2 GB RAM
- VGA display with 1024 x 768 resolution
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- Internet Explorer 6.0 browser
- Internet Explorer 7.0 browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
Administrative workstation: The system administrator workstation where you install the IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager application and build the EAR files before deploying them. This is the workstation where you can design custom Maximo applications, workflows, and other high-level functions.
- Intel Pentium-based processor
- 2 GB RAM
- SVGA display with 1024 x 768 resolution (1280 x 1024 if used for Application Designer)
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 6.0 browser
- Internet Explorer 7.0 browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
Note: The Workflow Designer requires a Java Runtime Environment (currently supported are JRE 1.4.2 through JRE 1.5). The Workflow Designer checks for JRE on the administrative workstation. If it does not find the JRE, Workflow Designer prompts you to install JRE 1.4.2-b28.
The server where you install the IBM WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment (V6.1 fix pack 13) and typically, where you deploy Maximo EAR files.
- Two to four dedicated 800 MHz processors
- 4 GB RAM per processor
- 1.5 GB (or greater) disk space for Maximo and the Java and Web server components)
- Windows 2003 Server Service pack 2, Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter editions(32 bit and 64 bit)
- AIX® V5.3 (32-bit and 64-bit) (Technology Level 5300-7
- AIX 5L Technologies (32-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux V4 (x86, 32-bit processor-based systems)
Middleware: WebSphere Application Server Network Deployed V6.1 fix pack 13, or later
The server where you install database software to create and maintain your IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager database. You are responsible for maintaining the database platform software.
Refer to the respective vendor documentation for hardware specifications.
- DB2 Universal Database® V8.2 + latest fix pack as of July 10, 2007, or V9.1 + fix pack 4
- Workgroup or Enterprise Edition configured for TCP/IP support
- Oracle V10 release 1 or 2 Standard or Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard or Enterprise Edition
Reports server: The report server is embedded with the application server. Additional disk space is needed for temporary storage of report files. This temporary disk space is estimated at 30 to 50 MB on the application server.
This is an approximate value and depends greatly on:
- File size of the report output
- How many reports are being concurrently run by users
- How long the report session is kept open
Reporting software: Business Intelligence and Reporting Tool (BIRT) 2.1.2.
The BIRT Designer Client Software is required on the client machine of any developer who is either creating or customizing BIRT reports. BIRT Designer 2.1.2 is based on Eclipse 3.2.2.
The following are included with the product, with a restricted use license:
- DB2 UDB ESE V8.2 with fix pack 3
- DB2 Administration Client V8.2 with fix pack 3
- DB2 V9.2
- DB2 Alphablox V8.3
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.0.0 with fix pack 1
- IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator V6.1.1
- WebSphere Application Server V6
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V184.108.40.206
- WebSphere Process Server V6.0.1
- WebSphere Portal Enable for Multiplatforms V220.127.116.11
- IBM HTTP Server V6.0
- WebSphere Application Server Plugin for IHS V6.0
Information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a read-me file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Direct customer support: Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel. This fee service enhances your productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel helps answer questions pertaining to usage and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or visit
Packaging: IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager is distributed with:
- International Program License Agreement (Z125-3301)
- License Information document
- Publications (refer to the Publications section)
This program, when downloaded from a Web site, contains the applicable IBM license agreement, and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT
Security, auditability, and control
IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager uses the security and auditability features of the operating system software. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing
IBM Tivoli software products are priced using IBM Tivoli's Enhanced Value-Based Pricing. The Enhanced Value-Based Pricing system is based upon the IBM Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model, which uses a managed-environment approach whereby price is determined by what is managed rather than the number and type of product components installed.
For example, all servers monitored with IBM Tivoli's monitoring product (IBM Tivoli Monitoring) require entitlements sufficient for those servers. Other Tivoli products may manage clients, client devices, agents, network nodes, users, or other items, and are licensed and priced accordingly.
Unlike typical systems management licensing models that require entitlements of specific software components to specific systems, the IBM Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model provides the customer flexibility to deploy its IBM Tivoli software products within its environment in a manner that can address and respond to the customer's evolving architecture. That is, as the architecture of a customer's environment changes, the customer's implementation of IBM Tivoli software can be altered, as needed, without affecting the customer's license requirements (as long as the customer does not exceed its entitlements to the software).
Under Enhanced Value-Based Pricing, licensing and pricing of server-oriented applications are determined based upon the server's use in the customer's environment. Typically, such applications are licensed and priced in a manner that corresponds to each installed and activated processor of the server managed by the IBM Tivoli application to help correlate price to value while offering a simple solution.
For servers with logical (sometimes called virtual) partitions, entitlements are required for all installed and activated processors on the server. For each IBM Tivoli application managing a clustered environment, licensing is based on the cumulative number of installed and activated processors on each server in the cluster.
Enhanced Value-Based Pricing recognizes the convergence of RISC and UNIX®, and Microsoft Windows and Intel technologies, in order to simplify your licensing requirements, and to provide a smoother, more scalable model. Pricing and licensing does not differentiate between non-System z server platforms or operating systems. For some products, this platform neutrality extends to System z and other host servers as well.
IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing terminology definitions
An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside your enterprise. A Proof of Entitlement (PoE) must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
Note: Authorized users have a unique, specific identity and their IDs cannot be shared. An ID can establish one or more connections and count as a single authorized user.
A concurrent user is one and only one individual within or outside the customer's enterprise. The number of PoEs required is for the highest number of users simultaneously accessing the program or any program components either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
An enterprise is a person or single entity and those subsidiaries with more than 50 percent ownership.
Product and licensing Web Sites
A complete list of IBM Tivoli products is available at
IBM Tivoli product licensing documents are available at
Through the Passport Advantage Agreement, you may receive discounted pricing based on their total volume of eligible products, across all IBM brands, acquired worldwide. The volume is measured by determining the total Passport Advantage points value of the applicable acquisitions. Passport Advantage points are only used for calculating the Entitled Passport Advantage discount.
To determine the required IBM Tivoli product configuration under Passport Advantage, the IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing Model applies. The customer's environment is evaluated on a per-product basis.
Use the following two-step process to determine the total Passport Advantage points value:
- Analyze your environment to determine the number of charge units for a product. The quantity of each product's part numbers to be ordered is determined by that analysis.
- Order the Passport Advantage part numbers. A Passport Advantage point value, which is the same worldwide for a specific part number regardless of where the order is placed, is assigned to each IBM Tivoli product part number. The Passport Advantage point value for the applicable part number, multiplied by the quantity for that part number, will determine the Passport Advantage points for that IBM Tivoli product part number. The sum of these Passport Advantage points determines the Passport Advantage point value of the applicable IBM Tivoli product authorizations which then may be aggregated with the point value of other applicable Passport Advantage product acquisitions to determine the total Passport Advantage points value.
The discounted pricing available through Passport Advantage is expressed in the form of Suggested Volume Prices (SVPs), which vary depending on the SVP level. Each SVP level is assigned a minimum total Passport Advantage point value, which must be achieved, in order to qualify for that SVP level.
Media packs and documentation packs do not carry Passport Advantage points and are not eligible for SVP discounting.
For additional information on Passport Advantage, refer to the following
The following Passport Advantage part number categories may be orderable:
- License and Software Maintenance 12 Months This is the product authorization with maintenance to the first anniversary date.
- Annual Software Maintenance Renewal This is the maintenance renewal for one anniversary that applies when a customer renews their existing coverage period prior to the anniversary date at which it expires.
- Software Maintenance Reinstatement 12 months This is for customers who have allowed their Software Maintenance to expire, and later want to reinstate their Software Maintenance.
- Media packs These are the physical media, such as CD-ROMs, that deliver the product's code.
- Documentation packs These contain printed documentation such as the User's Guide and Release Notes.
Distributed pricing examples
References to non-processor-based metrics such as users represent the actual number of entitlements required, unless other designated measurements are referenced or unless otherwise specified.
Tivoli Service Request Manager pricing is based on the number of people responsible for incident and problem management processes, as well as the number of people who handle content and delivery management of defined IT services via a catalog.
License entitlement is priced per authorized user, concurrent user, or a combination of both. An authorized user may logon to Tivoli Service Request Manager at any point in time without restriction. The maximum number of concurrent users who may log on simultaneously must be less than or equal to the number of entitled concurrent user licenses. There is no charge for end users (sometimes referred to as self-service requestors).
Pricing example 1
A customer wants to purchase Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1 to help manage an environment of 5,000 employees with 130 service desk personnel. Of the 130 service desk personnel, 10 are service desk supervisors who must be able to log in at any point in time without restriction. The remaining 120 service desk personnel are service desk representatives who are scheduled to work during each of three shifts as follows:
First shift: 75 representatives
Second shift: 30 representatives
Third shift: 15 representatives
The maximum number of concurrent users who will need to be logged on during a single shift is 75.
In this example, the customer must purchase 10 authorized user licenses and 75 concurrent user licenses of Tivoli Service Request Manager. No licenses are required for the 5,000 employees (the end users of the service desk).
Note that the number of service desk personnel and number of employees in this example is not intended to imply a standard ratio. The ratio (as well as authorized user and concurrent user license entitlements) can vary by enterprise.
Pricing example 2
A large customer wants to purchase Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1 to improve the overall efficiency of their global help desk. The customer's IT organization includes three major help desk locations, with approximately 100 service desk personnel staffed per location (300 total). Due to different time zones, the customer estimates that a maximum of 200 of these help desk staff will be logged into Tivoli Service Request Manager simultaneously. The customer chooses 200 concurrent user licenses to be utilized across the three locations.
The customer also wants to improve end-user satisfaction by allowing end-users to obtain standard IT services from a catalog. The delivery and fulfillment of these catalog services will be managed by a department staffed with 25 support personnel. The customer decides that the 25 new users may need to log onto Tivoli Service Request Manager at any time; therefore, they require 25 authorized users.
In this example, the customer must purchase 25 authorized user licenses and 200 concurrent user
licenses of Tivoli Service Request Manager. No licenses are required for end users.
Back to top
This product is available only via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product group: Tivoli
Product Identifier Description: Tivoli Service Request Manager
Product category: Tivoli IT Service Management
Entitled maintenance Sub ID numbers, and description for IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager Multiplatforms
Sub ID Sub ID Description TSRMSB01 Tivoli Service Request Mgr Auth Usr TSRMSB02 Tivoli Service Request Mgr Conc Usr Media pack Part description number IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1.0 BJ0LZML MP Multiplatform Multilingual
Orders for new licenses will be accepted now.
Shipment will begin on the planned availability date.
Ordering information for Passport Advantage
Passport Advantage allows you to have a common anniversary date for Software Maintenance renewals, which can simplify management and budgeting for eligible new versions and releases (and related technical support) for your covered products. The anniversary date, established at the start of your Passport Advantage Agreement, will remain unchanged while your Passport Advantage Agreement remains in effect. New software purchases will initially include 12 full months of Software Maintenance. Software Maintenance in the second year (the first year of renewal) can be prorated to be coterminous with your common anniversary date. Thereafter, all Software Maintenance will renew at the common anniversary date for 12 full months of maintenance.
Refer to the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement and to the IBM Software Support Handbook for specific terms relating to, and a more complete description of, technical support provided through Software Maintenance.
The quantity to be specified for the Passport Advantage part numbers in the following table is per required number of Value Units. To order for Passport Advantage, specify the desired part number and quantity.
Part Description number IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager E03ZILL Authorized User annual SW S&S Renewal IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager D61DTLL Authorized User License + SW S&S + 12 Months IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager D61DULL Authorized User SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager E03ZHLL Concurrent User Annual SW S&S Renewal IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager D61DRLL Concurrent User License + SW Maintenance 12 Months Part type License + SW Maintenance IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager D61DSLL Concurrent User SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months
To order a media pack for Passport Advantage, specify the part number in the desired quantity from the following table:
Part Description number IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager V7.1.0 MP BJ0LZML Multiplatform Multilingual
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA), IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensing: IPLA including the license information (LI) document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
LI form number: G11-8704-001 (LI Number)
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Limited warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, consult the IBM Software Support Handbook found at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of five years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program, and for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Software Maintenance applies: Yes. Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
Other support: SoftwareXcel
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
Information on charges is available at Web site
For Passport Advantage and charges, contact your IBM representative or your authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information:
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: SE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top