IBM WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 offers new options for capacity, function, and new pricingIBM United States Software Announcement 208-069
April 1, 2008
|Table of contents||Document options|
|At a glance|
You can use WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 in the following ways (subject to specific restrictions):
- Starter Edition
- Remote Adapter Deployment
In addition, WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 is available on a free 90-day trial download basis. Visit
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
WebSphere® Message Broker V6.1 includes new options for capacity and function, with corresponding price adjustments.
- WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 Starter Edition enables you to adopt WebSphere Message Broker with limited capacity at a lower entry price. A tradeup part number is available for clients who subsequently want to move up to a full-capacity implementation.
- WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 for Remote Adapter Deployment offers an implementation capable of hosting a remotely deployed Java Connector Architecture (JCA) adapter and offers a migration path from the MQSeries® link for R/3 products.
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- May 30, 2008 (electronic delivery)
- June 27, 2008 (physical delivery)
Back to top
WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 Starter Edition
With WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 Starter Edition on distributed platforms, you can use WebSphere Message Broker with the following restrictions:
- You are limited to the deployment of one execution group and up to 10 message flows for that group.
- The server on which WebSphere Message Broker is deployed is limited to uniprocessor or dual-core processors.
You can upgrade WebSphere Message Broker Starter Edition to the unrestricted version of the product.
WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 for Remote Adapter Deployment
With WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 for Remote Adapter Deployment on distributed platforms, you can use WebSphere Message Broker to deploy WebSphere adapters. You are authorized to use Message Broker adapter nodes on the machine where WebSphere Message Broker is installed and only in association with your licensed use of that program.
WebSphere Message Broker for Remote Adapter Deployment includes the following limiting terms and conditions.
You are authorized to deploy message flows that are restricted to the following:
- All inbound and outbound adapter nodes
- All input and output transport nodes (MQ Input, MQ Output, JMS Input, JMS Output, HTTP Input, HTTP Output, SOAP Input, SOAP Reply, SOAP Request, File Input, File Output, Timeout Control, and Timeout Notification)
- Java Compute node
- Standard per-application-instance and per-establishment WebSphere Adapter licensing rules apply.
- You are limited to the deployment of message flows in two execution groups.
- The server on which WebSphere Message Broker and the adapter are deployed is limited to uniprocessor or dual-core processors.
Additional part numbers
Part Description number WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 BA0FFML Multiplatform Media Pack Multilingual WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER VALUE UNIT D03PWLL FROM STARTER EDITION TRDUP LIC+SW MAINT 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER Linux(TM) D03PVLL Z VALUE UNIT FR STARTER EDITION LINUX Z TRDUP LIC+SW MAINT 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S0LL STARTER EDITION VALUE UNIT LIC+SW MAINT 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER E04NRLL STARTER EDITION VALUE UNIT ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S1LL STARTER EDITION VALUE UNIT SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S4LL STARTER EDITION LINUX Z VALUE UNIT LIC+SW MAINT 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER E04NTLL STARTER EDITION LINUX Z VALUE UNIT ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S5LL STARTER EDITION LINUX Z VALUE UNIT SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S2LL REMOTE ADAPTER DEPLOYMENT VALUE UNIT LIC+SW MAINT 12 MONTHS WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER E04NSLL REMOTE ADAPTER DEPLOYMENT VALUE UNIT ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER D03S3LL REMOTE ADAPTER DEPLOYMENT VALUE UNIT SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MONTHS
WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 Trial Edition
WebSphere Message Broker V6.1 is available as a free 90-day trial download version. The program includes these benefits and restrictions:
- Contains the full WebSphere Message Broker function.
- Is available on Microsoft® Windows® and Linux on x86 systems only.
- You are licensed to use the full capacity of WebSphere Message Broker for a period of 90 days. When the trial period expires, you must acquire a licensed copy of WebSphere Message Broker or uninstall the Trial Edition.
- You can upgrade to WebSphere Message Broker Starter Edition or to the unrestricted version of the WebSphere Message Broker product.
- The WebSphere Message Broker product does not require reinstallation at the end of the trial period; WebSphere Message Broker retains the configuration file definitions.
WebSphere Message Broker Extender for TIBCO RV
WebSphere Message Broker Extender for TIBCO RV extends WebSphere Message Broker with a set of built-in nodes that deliver native connectivity to TIBCO Rendezvous messaging backbones. Standard TIBCO Rendezvous offers reliable messaging and is supported by the RVInput and RVOutput nodes. TIBCO Rendezvous certified messaging is handled with the RVInputCM and RVOutputCM nodes.
The full function of WebSphere Message Broker is now available to integrate applications and solutions that rely on TIBCO Rendezvous messaging. WebSphere Message Broker also has a broad portfolio of optional IBM and IBM Business Partner nodes that deliver complementary functions.
WebSphere Message Broker Extender for TIBCO RV includes these new features and benefits:
- Publishing and subscribing to TIBCO Rendezvous messages
- Propagation of WebSphere MQ header and properties to TIBCO Rendezvous
- Appending to WebSphere MQ from TIBCO Rendezvous data tag and values
- Configurable TIBCO transport properties
- Full WebSphere Message Broker function available to apply on TIBCO Rendezvous message content
- Eclipse plug-ins for easy installation
- Sample message flow and documentation
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top