IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 delivers simplified bundles and automated migration for the next-generation services oriented remote server offeringIBM United States Software Announcement 208-059
March 25, 2008
(Corrected on June 6, 2008)
The WebSphere Remote Server component comparison table was revised.
(Corrected on May 29, 2008)
The product-unique terms within the WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 license were updated to lessen
restrictions. The license form number was corrected and the WebSphere Remote Server component
comparison table was revised.
Back to top
IBM WebSphere® Remote Server V6.2 is a scalable and stable service oriented architecture (SOA) foundation for remotely managed distributed environments designed specifically to integrate and provide support for store-level devices and applications past, present, and future. As the core component for the IBM Retail Integration Framework, WebSphere Remote Server provides the foundation for innovation in store and distributed environments where customer-facing and self-service technologies are in high demand as a way of delivering a customer-centric experience. WebSphere Remote Server provides a platform to build, assemble, deploy, and manage these next generation solutions supporting industry standards, as well as protecting existing solutions, delivering a true plug-and-play platform leveraging J2EE middleware technologies.
IBM WebSphere Remote Server is a flexible, complete, feature rich middleware suite composed of IBM application server, database, messaging, and system management software in advanced editions. WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 includes an updated set of system management accelerators to streamline installation and simplify configuration, as well as reducing cost of ownership. The WebSphere Remote Server editions provide a cost-effective software platform, integrated and supported by IBM, and delivered as a single product on common physical media. V6.2 of WebSphere Remote Server provides product release updates, simplified packaging, and enhanced installation and management.
Editions of IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2:
- IBM WebSphere Remote Server Starter Edition V6.2
- IBM WebSphere Remote Server Standard Edition V6.2
- IBM WebSphere Remote Server Advanced Edition V6.2
- IBM WebSphere Central Site Server V6.2
IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2:
- Is delivered in new bundles customized to better meet your needs
- Offers consolidated password management within bundled products and enables single sign on across the enterprise
- Includes in every bundle the functionality of IBM WebSphere Systems Management Accelerators that optimize the installation and configuration of WebSphere Remote Servers
- Includes the latest versions of IBM DB2® Workgroup Server Edition (V9.5), IBM Tivoli® Monitoring (V6.2), and IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Database Servers (V6.2)
- Includes minor release or Fix Pack upgrades to all other products that are included in IBM WebSphere Remote Server
- Provides enhanced tools and documentation for installation and management procedures
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- March 28, 2008: Electronic software delivery
- April 25, 2008: Media and documentation
Back to top
IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 extends the IBM middleware environment for distributed outlets with the following new capabilities and packaging.
Product upgrades have been included for all software components in IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2:
- IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 delivers new version upgrades including IBM DB2 Workgroup Server Edition (V9.5), IBM Tivoli Monitoring (V6.2), IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Database Servers (V6.2), IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software (V5.1.1), and IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON® XE for Messaging (V6.0.1).
- Service release upgrades are included for IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere, and IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console.
The systems management accelerators add flexibility and are now bundled in all IBM WebSphere Remote
Server V6.2 editions. The systems management accelerators significantly simplify the installation
and configuration of WebSphere Remote Server, allowing all elements of the WebSphere Remote Server
software bundle to be installed as a streamlined, unified process governed by a single graphical
user interface. The accelerators provide automation for prerequisite checking and post-install
configuration actions required to deploy a complete solution.
For clients, the accelerators minimize the time, effort, and cost required to install and configure each instance of WebSphere Remote Server, and the prerequisite checking minimizes installation and configuration.
The accelerators help clients and Business Partners bind together and automate the configuration and installation of add-on software applications. Clients and IBM Business Partners can leverage the accelerator toolset to help reduce the time, effort, and cost of installing add-on applications. By adopting the standards-based Store Integration Framework and leveraging IBM's management and provisioning middleware, clients and Business Partners can simplify and enhance the end-user experience, reduce development costs, enhance system management, and reduce support costs.
- IBM WebSphere Remote Server packaging is simplified and, at the same time, a new Starter Edition is introduced for clients not yet ready to implement the advanced functionality of remote Tivoli monitoring and management available in the Standard and Advanced editions.
WebSphere Remote Server provides enhanced documentation for clients and Business Partners that
includes best practices, white papers, and planning models. New documentation available with this
release includes recommendations for implementing data movement between remote and enterprise
servers. For a full list of new and updated white papers, refer to the Reference Documents section
of the IBM WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 Info Center entry at
This enhanced WebSphere Remote Server documentation helps clients and Business Partners:
- Shorten deployment time.
- Educate IT staff on best practices for distributed environments.
- Improve distributed outlet management by describing how to use Tivoli components to manage WebSphere Remote Server middleware using pre-integrated configurations.
- Reduce solution development costs by providing information on how to use Tivoli components to manage applications and hardware that were not included in the WebSphere Remote Server editions.
WebSphere Remote Server integrates diverse systems in distributed environments, such as existing IBM point-of-sale (POS) applications and new POS solutions provided by IBM Business Partners, with the infrastructure to quickly deploy and manage new solutions built around the WebSphere Remote Server core. It links each distributed outlet to the enterprise to help you determine whether you have the right goods and services, in the right location, at the right price, and with the level of service, and to give consumers the unique shopping experience that they demand.
WebSphere Remote Server provides a platform to build, assemble, deploy, and manage next generation solutions by supporting industry standards and protecting existing solutions. It delivers a true plug-and-play platform leveraging J2EE middleware technologies.
WebSphere Remote Server offers the flexibility to:
- Help marry existing systems with the latest technology
- Share data throughout the enterprise
- Quickly and economically install and manage new solutions that can help you revolutionize the store experience and achieve a distinct competitive advantage
WebSphere Remote Server V6.2 Advanced and Standard Editions incorporate:
- WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere MQ to deliver the service oriented architecture (SOA) capabilities, scalability, reliability, and rapid deployment required in distributed environments
- DB2 Workgroup Server Edition to provide a robust, security-rich data management platform
- A suite of Tivoli management software to deploy and monitor software applications and WebSphere Remote Server components running in the distributed outlet including Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Tivoli Enterprise Console®, Tivoli Monitoring, Tivoli Monitoring for Databases, Tivoli Omegamon XE for Messaging, and Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere
The new IBM WebSphere Remote Server Starter Edition gives you the option to begin with a basic SOA environment that does not include the Tivoli suite of products. You may upgrade to WebSphere Remote Server Standard or Advanced Edition at a later time when you are ready to take advantage of the powerful remote Tivoli management and monitoring capabilities.
To obtain a definition of Processor Value Units, refer to
WebSphere Remote Server component comparison
WebSphere DB2, WebSphere Remote Server Platform Application Store editions restrictions Server and MQ management (3) Starter Edition 400 Processor Restricted No Value Units license (1) Linux,Windows(R) Standard 400 Processor Restricted Yes Edition Value Units license (1) Linux, Windows Advanced 480 Processor Restricted Yes Edition Value Units license (1) Linux, Windows Central Site Linux, AIX(R), Unrestricted Licensed via Solaris, HP-UX, license Standard and and Windows Advanced (2)
IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 highlights
WebSphere Application Server V6.1 can increase your return on investment on existing IT assets. WebSphere Application Server V6.1 is Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) 1.5-compatible and enables an on demand infrastructure with the following key features:
- Full Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 support across all offerings, delivering increased application programmer productivity and unbeatable performance.
- Expanded Web services standards support to make interactions more secure, and give you more flexibility and control.
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servlet support to extend application reach across real-time multimedia elements such as voice, video, and instant messaging.
- Security enhancements to increase peace of mind and improve ease of use.
- Tools that enrich the developer experience and help improve time to value.
- New options in the areas of administration, serviceability, messaging, and installation, to ensure more productive and less error-prone environments.
DB2 V9.5 highlights
DB2 V9.5 for Linux, UNIX®, and Windows delivers important new features and enhancements that address the needs of your business, whether those needs are integrating business data from across your organization, reducing costs, creating business value, or providing a secure and resilient system for the valuable information assets of your company.
- Manage your business, not your database: V9.5 introduces autonomic enhancements that reduce the time required to administer and tune your data servers and installation enhancements that allow you to set up and deploy your applications more quickly.
- Increased performance and scalability: V9.5 introduces performance and scalability enhancements to help you achieve the highest performance when accessing and updating large volumes of data. Improvements in performance and scalability continue to make the DB2 data server an industrial-strength data server solution that is suitable for any size company.
- Information as a service: In V9.1, IBM introduced pureXML support, which transformed the DB2 database system into a hybrid relational and XML data server. V9.5 builds on these enhancements and extends the support to make your XML data processing even more flexible, faster, and even more reliable.
- Improved security and resilience: V9.5 provides new features and enhancements that contribute to providing a secure and resilient environment for your data.
- High availability and data recovery: V9.5 introduces several enhancements to keep your critical database applications online and available. Improved autonomic features, increased flexibility, and reduced outage windows ensure that your applications remain running, at a minimum cost.
- More agile development: V9.5 adds new features and enhancements that simplify database application development, improve application portability, and ease application deployment.
IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0.2 highlights
WebSphere MQ enables you to integrate your applications reliably and consistently, allowing you to leverage your existing software and hardware assets more effectively. As a market leader for message-oriented middleware, it offers scalable, enterprise-class connectivity designed to grow with your integration challenges and needs. WebSphere MQ enables you to begin deploying your enterprise service bus (ESB) today to gain the benefits of an integrated SOA.
WebSphere MQ provides reliable, resilient application integration by passing messages between applications and Web services. It reduces the risk of information loss and the need to reconcile communicating IT systems by using queuing and transactional facilities that help preserve the integrity of messages across the network. WebSphere MQ eliminates the need to write complex communications code and offers a choice of simple APIs (Message Queue Interface (MQI) and JMS) that are consistent across the range of more than 40 supported operating environments.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2 highlights
IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2 helps keep businesses running. As businesses increasingly rely on information technology to deliver services to their customers, as well as to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their internal processes, the criticality of these resources increases dramatically. IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2 increases the performance and availability of IT resources by identifying potential issues before they impact users, and either automating corrective actions or providing key diagnostic data to allow for quicker recovery of the service.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring delivers these capabilities:
- Out-of-the-box situations measure performance and availability of resources against predefined thresholds, alerting appropriate personnel when a potential issue is discovered.
- Correlation of situations increases the quality of alerts, allowing operators and administrators to focus on true issues, rather than sorting through an abundance of unnecessary alerts.
- Workflows can easily be created using a simple, intuitive graphical interface to define policies for automated or manual response to conditions.
- Visualization of real-time and historical data side-by-side helps to spot trends, understand the impact of changes in the environment, and diagnose issues in the context of the alert without having to use a multitude of disparate tools.
- Expert Advice provides a preloaded, customizable knowledge base, which enhances the ability of non experts to resolve issues without having to involve the experts.
- Enhanced chart and topology views provide improved data visualization.
- Integration of full-function browser provides access to rich contextual data.
- LDAP authentication and the ability to define user groups for setting permissions simplify user administration.
- The new Agent Builder facilitates creation of custom monitors in a matter of minutes.
- Performance and scalability have been improved.
- Common Event Viewer integrates IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console, and IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus events into a single console.
The capabilities and enhancements described above can be used across any resources monitored by the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2 product family. Each resource-specific monitor includes built-in domain expertise, such as predefined workspaces, to quickly find key data for analysis and troubleshooting, out-of-the-box enabled situations that monitor and correlate multiple thresholds based on best practices for immediate value, and targeted Expert Advice that describes the particular issue, potential causes, and recommended actions to help speed diagnosis and resolution.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Database Servers V6.2 highlights
IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Databases helps you proactively monitor and ensure the availability, administration, and optimal performance of databases and servers, offering a central point of management for distributed databases. It offers a comprehensive means for gathering the information you need to detect problems early and help prevent them. Information is standardized across systems so you can monitor hundreds of servers from a single workstation. You can easily collect and then analyze specific information using the IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal interface component. Enhancements in V6.2 help IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Databases work natively within the Tivoli Monitoring V6.2 technology and provide better visualization via the Tivoli Enterprise Portal.
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere V6.1 highlights
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for J2EE offers integrated management tools for Web and enterprise infrastructures. It helps you quickly pinpoint the source of bottlenecks or other defects in application code, server resources, and external system dependencies before they affect customers.
- Offers valuable management capabilities in distributed environments.
- Integrates tightly with IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere for a consistent way to manage composite applications across WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss, Oracle, SAP NetWeaver, and Tomcat environments.
- Provides a set of diagnostics, reporting, analysis, and resolution tools that enable advanced monitoring and management of J2EE applications.
- Enables you to detect, analyze, and repair application server performance issues, maintain high uptime, performance and responsiveness standards for both mainframe and distributed systems, and understand overall application health, at a glance, across multiple system types.
- Includes management functions that enable you to view all in-flight J2EE transactions, analyze problematic transactions historically and in real time, and set traps and alerts to detect and fix potentially troublesome situations before they affect end users.
- Helps you analyze resource consumption patterns, perform trends and historical analysis, and plan for future growth.
IBM Tivoli Omegamon XE for Messaging V6.0.1 highlights
IBM Tivoli Omegamon XE for Messaging helps make it easy to determine the availability and performance of critical components so you can implement IT service management in your messaging backbone through:
- Monitoring and configuration of WebSphere MQ.
- Management and monitoring of WebSphere Message Broker.
- Management and monitoring of WebSphere InterChange Server.
IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console V3.9 highlights
IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console is a powerful, rules-based event management application that performs root cause analysis and correlation, and also integrates network, systems, database, and application management.
Tivoli Enterprise Console can help you to:
- Provide better time to value with out-of-the-box IBM best practices.
- Extend event correlation through auto-discovery capabilities.
- Improve usability with a Web-based console for better visualization.
Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software V5.1.1 highlights
In this release, IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software replaces Tivoli Configuration Manager. Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software can help you simplify and automate release management tasks. It lowers the cost of provisioning and maintaining your distributed environments by:
- Automatically discovering and maintaining information about the current state of the environment.
- Securely deploying and updating software from bare metal through applications.
- Helping IT departments to stay compliant with corporate and regulatory standards for infrastructure configuration.
- Helping you to efficiently and effectively deploy changes to distributed resources.
- Enabling you to manage the business of IT and establish a viable framework for on demand computing when you have interoperability with Tivoli IT Service Management offerings and IBM Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator.
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
WebSphere Remote Server is capable as of April 25, 2008, when used in accordance with IBM's associated documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), containing details on the products accessibility compliance, can be requested on the following Web site
IPLA and Subscription and Support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product
license entitlement. Subscription and Support will be available in the
country in which the agreement is made.
Back to top
IBM WebSphere Remote Server combines strategic middleware from WebSphere, DB2, and Tivoli with accelerators to provide the core infrastructure for the IBM Retail Integration Framework.
IBM WebSphere Central Site Server combines strategic middleware from
WebSphere, DB2, and Tivoli for a complete enterprise infrastructure
Back to top
|Availability of national languages|
Product description Language GA date Central Site Server V6.2.0 Multilingual April 25, 2008 (French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, English US, Italian) IBM WRS Advanced Edition Multilingual April 25, 2008 V6.2.0 (French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, English US, Italian) IBM WRS Standard Edition Multilingual April 25, 2008 V6.2.0 (French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, English US, Italian) WRS Starter Edition V6.2.0 Multilingual April 25, 2008 (French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, English, Italian), Multilingual (French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, English US, Italian)
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
For hardware requirements, visit
For software requirements, visit
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a read-me file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other Program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Limitations: Language support in the national language version is limited to the languages supported by the operating system. National language versions of the products bundled in this offering are included in the media pack. WebSphere® Systems Management Accelerators are in English only, supported on Windows® and Linux operating systems, including IRES V2.
For additional information, refer to Usage restrictions in the Terms and conditions section of this announcement, or to the license information document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
For installation support, visit
Contact your IBM representative for additional assistance.
WebSphere Remote Server contains the following:
- IBM International Program License Agreement
- License information
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Remote Server uses the security features of the respective operating systems, such as local user registry. The customer is responsible for evaluation and selection of the various WebSphere Remote Server security features, including the implementation of authentication and authorization policies. This responsibility extends to the administration of WebSphere Remote Server security policies and security-related policies external to WebSphere Remote Server, such as the operating environment, network topology and security, and physical security.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can
leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business
consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also,
we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched
portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry
insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Media pack guidance for IBM WebSphere Remote Server Editions
IBM WebSphere Remote Server offers flexibility and simplicity in both ordering and installation. Depending on their needs, clients can order a platform-specific (Linux or Windows) media pack for the edition they have purchased, or the IBM WebSphere Remote Server Full Pack media pack that includes all platforms supported. Each media pack includes a Quick Start Guide.
Customers may choose to obtain IBM WebSphere Remote Server media via electronic download. Clients who plan to use the WebSphere Systems Management Accelerators to deploy and manage the in-store components of WebSphere Remote Server need only to download the WebSphere System Management Accelerators media for the target platform. Guidance for which images to select and how to download them is available in the Quick Start Guides.
Media pack guidance for IBM WebSphere Central Site Server
WebSphere Remote Server provides clients with the option of ordering just the WebSphere Central Site Server media for Linux, Microsoft® Windows, or the Full Pack, which supports Linux, Microsoft Windows, IBM AIX®, HP-UX, and Solaris.
Product Licensed function title Product group category IBM WebSphere Central Site Server IBM WebSphere IBM WebSphere Remote Server IBM WebSphere Remote Server IBM WebSphere IBM WebSphere Advanced Edition Remote Server IBM WebSphere Remote Server IBM WebSphere IBM WebSphere Standard Edition Remote Server IBM WebSphere Remote Server IBM WebSphere IBM WebSphere Starter Edition Remote Server PID Charge unit Program name number description* IBM WebSphere Central Site Server 5724-Q00 Processor Value Unit (PVU) IBM WebSphere Remote Server Advanced 5724-Q00 Processor Value Edition Unit (PVU) IBM WebSphere Remote Server Advanced 5724-Q00 Client Devices Edition IBM WebSphere Remote Server Standard 5724-Q00 Processor Value Edition Unit (PVU) IBM WebSphere Remote Server Standard 5724-Q00 Client Devices Edition IBM WebSphere Remote Server Starter 5724-Q00 Client Devices Edition IBM WebSphere Remote Server Starter 5724-Q00 Processor Value Edition Unit (PVU)
Charge metrics definitions
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as users or resources which may include servers, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a program depends on how the program is deployed in your environment and must be obtained from a Value Unit table. You must obtain a PoE for the calculated number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements are specific to a program and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor core is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor core consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processor cores require the same number of Processor Value Unit entitlements. To calculate the number of Processor Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the Processor Value Unit table on the following Web site
With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of Processor Value Units based on all activated processor cores available for use on the server.
A client device is a computing device that requests the execution of a set of commands, procedures, or applications from another computer system that is typically referred to as a server. Multiple client devices may share access to a common server. A client device generally has some processing capability or is programmable to allow a user to do work. Examples include, but are not limited to, notebook computers, desktop computers, desk side computers, technical workstations, appliances, automated teller machines, point-of-sale terminals, tills and cash registers, and kiosks.
Passport Advantage program licenses
WebSphere Remote Server
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Remote Server Standard Edition WRS Standard Edition Client Devices License & SW D58QHLL Maintenance 12 Months WRS Standard Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance E02NVLL Annual Renewal WRS Standard Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance D58QILL Reinstatement 12 Mont WRS Standard Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) License D592DLL & SW Maintenance 1 WRS Standard Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW E02TVLL Maintenance Annual Rene WRS Standard Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW D592ELL Maintenance Reinstatement
WebSphere Remote Server
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Remote Server Advanced Edition WRS Advanced Edition Client Devices License & SW D58QDLL Maintenance 12 Months WRS Advanced Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance E02NTLL Annual Renewal WRS Advanced Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance D58QELL Reinstatement 12 Mont WRS Advanced Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) License D592HLL & SW Maintenance 1 WRS Advanced Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW E02TWLL Maintenance Annual Renewal WRS Advanced Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW D592ILL Maintenance Reinstatement
WebSphere Remote Server
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Central Site Server WebSphere Central Site Server Value Unit Annual SW E02T4LL Maint Rnwl WebSphere Central Site Server Value Unit Lic+SW Maint D590ULL 12 Mo WebSphere Central Site Server Value Unit SW Maint D590VLL Reinstate 12 Mo
WebSphere Remote Server
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Remote Server Starter Edition WRS Starter Edition Client Devices License & SW D03QPLL Maintenance 12 Months WRS Starter Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance E04MRLL Annual Renewal WRS Starter Edition Client Devices SW Maintenance D03QQLL Reinstatement 12 Months WRS Starter Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) License D03QMLL & SW Maintenance 12 WRS Starter Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW E04MQLL Maintenance Annual Renew WRS Starter Edition Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW D03QNLL Maintenance Reinstatement
Passport Advantage supply
Part Program name/description number Central Site Server V6.2.0 IBM WS Central Site Server, Multiplatform, V6.2, BA0PPML Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mu IBM WS Central Site Server, Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, BA0PQML CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WS Central Site Server, Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PRML and DVD, Multilingual IBM WRS Advanced Edition V6.2.0 IBM WRS Advanced Edition, Multiplatform, V6.2, BA0PLML Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult IBM WRS Advanced Edition, Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PMML and DVD, Multilingual IBM WRS Advanced Edition, Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PNML and DVD, Multilingual IBM WRS Standard Edition V6.2.0 IBM WRS Standard Edition, Multiplatform, V6.2, BA0PIML Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult IBM WRS Standard Edition, Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PJML and DVD, Multilingual IBM WRS Standard Edition, Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PKML and DVD, Multilingual WRS Starter Edition V6.2.0 IBM WRS Starter Edition, Multiplatform, V6.2, BA0PFML Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multi IBM WRS Starter Edition, Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PGML and DVD, Multilingual IBM WRS Starter Edition, Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD BA0PHML and DVD, Multilingual
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
IBM WRS Standard Edition V6.2.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PJML Server Standard Per Client Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Device CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PIML Server Standard Per Client Multiplatform, V6.2, Device Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PKML Server Standard Per Client Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Device CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PKML Standard Per Value Unit Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PIML Standard Per Value Unit Multiplatform, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Standard Edition, BA0PJML Standard Per Value Unit Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual
WRS Starter Edition V6.2.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PFML Server Starter Edition per Multiplatform, V6.2, Client Dev Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multi IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PGML Server Starter Edition per Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Client Dev CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PHML Server Starter Edition per Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Client Dev CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PHML Server Starter Edition per Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, PVU CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PGML Server Starter Edition per Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, PVU CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Starter Edition, BA0PFML Server Starter Edition per Multiplatform, V6.2, PVU Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multi
Central Site Server V6.2.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number WebSphere Central Site Svr IBM WS Central Site BA0PQML Per Value Unit Server, Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Central Site Svr IBM WS Central Site BA0PRML Per Value Unit Server, Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Central Site Svr IBM WS Central Site BA0PPML Per Value Unit Server, Multiplatform, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mu
IBM WRS Advanced Edition V6.2.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PMML Server Advanced Per Client Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Device CD and DVD, Multilingual IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PLML Server Advanced Per Client Multiplatform, V6.2, Device Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult IBM WebSphere Remote IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PNML Server Advanced Per Client Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, Device CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PNML Advanced Per Value Unit Linux, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PLML Advanced Per Value Unit Multiplatform, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Mult WebSphere Remote Svr IBM WRS Advanced Edition, BA0PMML Advanced Per Value Unit Windows, V6.2, Non-Crypto, CD and DVD, Multilingual
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
The program may be stored on the primary machine and another machine, provided that the program is not in active use on both machines at the same time. You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
License Information form number
Program Program name number Form number WebSphere Remote Server 5724-Q00 L-PBOR-7DGNMR
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: The program may be stored on the primary machine and another machine, provided that the program is not in active use on both machines at the same time. You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Product name WebSphere Remote Server No
Usage restriction: Yes. For additional information refer to the License Information Document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
International Passport Agreement
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
The following agreement applies for maintenance and does not require customer signatures:
- IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011)
Volume orders (IVO): No
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: No
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top