IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric delivers a comprehensive, end-to-end platform for composite business servicesIBM United States Software Announcement 206-283
October 31, 2006
|At a glance|
WebSphere Business Services Fabric provides an end-to-end platform for the rapid assembly, delivery and governance of industry-focused composite business services in an service-oriented architecture (SOA). It adds an industry-specific, semantically aware layer to the IBM SOA Foundation to enable dynamic business service personalization and delivery based on business context. Highlights include:
- Delivers an SOA platform for rapidly assembling, delivering, and managing composite business services
- Builds upon and leverages IBM SOA Foundation products including WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Services Registry and Repository
- Enables policy-driven, dynamic business service adaptation and delivery
- Includes industry content packs with prebuilt industry SOA assets that speed time to market for new SOA solutions
- Provides end-to-end, life-cycle governance of business services
- Performs semantic mediation of business services across process, service and data layers
- Manages business services subscriptions and entitlements
- Provides business services metering and utilization tracking
- Includes a repository for authoring and managing meta-data around business services, subscribers, and policies
Back to top
WebSphere® Business Services Fabric is an end-to-end platform for clients, system integrators, and ISVs to rapidly assemble, deliver and govern industry-focused composite business services (CBS) in a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
WebSphere Business Services Fabric enables personalized business service adaptation and delivery through multiple communication channels (Web, business-to-business, and interactive voice response and helps automate the provisioning of service subscriptions and entitlements to role-based service consumers.
- End-to-end platform to source, assemble, deliver, and manage CBS
- Extension and enhancement for IBM SOA foundation products including WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Integration Developer, and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Standards-based business meta-data repository to store and manage business services, policies, and business service entitlements
- Highly scalable dynamic assembler that enables business service adaptation and delivery based on content, context, and contract
- Eclipse- and Web-based tooling to enable collaborative assembly and management of CBS
- Visual assembly environment for creating and managing industry specific business service meta-data models and policies
- Business services utilization, reuse, and metering tools that interoperate with external monitoring systems
- Business services governance across product lifecycle, including versioning and migration across environments
- Industry content packs that consist of prebuilt industry assets that include industry-common services and industry SOA models
Leverages and extends the IBM SOA Foundation
- WebSphere Process Server
- WebSphere Integration Developer
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
Back to top
- AIX® V5.3
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- November 30, 2006, electronic software delivery
- December 15, 2006, media and documentation
Back to top
WebSphere Business Services Fabric consists of:
IBM Business Services Foundation Pack
- Provides a highly scalable, run-time policy definition and enforcement engine that enables dynamic service assembly and service behavior adaptation based on content, context, and contract.
- Controls and automates entitlement of business services for subscribers, enabling creation, control, and management of service packages to subscribers across the ecosystem. Integrates with leading security and identify management products.
- Provides visibility and monitoring of service oriented processes and applications. Includes multi-perspective views and enables drill-down analysis of events and exceptions.
- Provides end-to-end governance of business services through design-time, run-time, deploy-time, and manage-time.
- Stores and manages business services, policies, and business service entitlements.
- Enables business service adaptation and delivery based on content, context, and contract.
IBM Business Services Tool Pack
- Provides user tools to maintain, manage, and govern services meta-data, subscribers, policies and governance processes.
- Enables domain-experienced software architects to model, create, publish, and manage industry-specific, service meta-data models and policies around data, processes, resources, policies, and domains.
- Enables a visual assembly environment for creating and managing industry-specific, business service meta-data models and policies.
Industry content packs
Industry SOA models that provide standards-based domain, and message models
- Insurance P & C Pack includes ACORD message models and an optional subset of IAA models.
- Healthcare Payor Pack includes HIPAA- and HL7-based models.
Industry-common services that speed the delivery and assembly of composite business services
- Insurance P & C Pack includes common services such as ACORD processing, error and exception handling.
- Healthcare Payor Pack includes common services such as HIPAA document processing and validation.
Key benefits of the WebSphere Business Services Fabric include:
Storage of business services, subscribers and policies to enable assembly of composite business services
- Central repository for business service meta-data, domain ontologies, policies, and subscribers
- OWL/RDF-based, meta-model, which allows for capturing semantics and easy extensibility
- Ontology-driven semantic mediation and interoperability
- Ability to federate meta-data from other repositories such as LDAP systems and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Conflict detection during collaborative development
- Powerful search, dependency, and impact analysis
- Source and syndicate ISV and third-party IT assets into the catalog
- Role-based, context and namespace level security that leverages existing access control systems
- Support for entire meta-data life cycle including comprehensive versioning, change tracking, and collaborative governance of service meta-data
Meta-data-driven assembly of composite business services
- Enables publishing and managing service models, policies, and service portfolios
- Designed to work with WebSphere Integration Developer and tools such as IBM Rational® Software Architect, providing architects, developers, and system integrators with a common meta-data life-cycle management fabric for connecting services, exchanging meta-data, and aligning context across different applications and domains
- Achieves rapid and secure assembly of disparate IT assets into composite business services
- Supports both top-down business domain decomposition and bottom-up analysis of underlying IT systems
- Creates and enforces design-time, runtime, and change-time policies
- Composes unique multi-channel services that power multiple access modes such as Web, business-to-business (B2B), IVR and fax
- Delivers model and manage meta-information about business services including WSDL-, WS-Policy- and BPEL-defined declarations, and actual behavior of services
- Includes model policies as a basis for dynamic discovery, matching, and binding of services based on content, context, and contract
- Simulates service behavior based on different usage scenarios
- Manages run-time meta-information for matching service requestors and service providers using policies
- Applies policies at various levels; for example, business ecosystem, application, business service, or service end point
- Assembles policies in a unified, flexible and extensible grammar to express the capabilities, requirements, and characteristics of entities within an SOA
Dynamic business service personalization and delivery
- A highly optimized semantic mediation engine enabling meta-data-driven service discovery, matching, and interoperability during both design-time and run-time.
- Leverages business service policies to replace hard-coded service bindings in enterprise service bus, Business Process Execution Language (BPEL), and B2B connections with dynamic end-point selection based on content, context and contract of the service request
- Dynamic service behavior adaptation that is based on business context, content, and contract
- Policy-based customization across multiple domains, business processes, and service end points
- Policy enforcement that is based on performance, reliability, interoperability, security, and manageability of business services
- Dynamic business service and process customization without affecting larger subscriber base
- Elimination/reduction of hard-coded binding changes with policy-based process customization
- Reduced integration complexity through ontology-based classification and data transformation rules
- Multi-protocol support for HTTP and JMS, and can be extended to other protocols
- Multi-message support, for example, ACORD, HIPAA, HL7
- Out of the box support for SOAP, Java Messaging Service (JMS) topics, Remote Method Invocation, and MQ
Business service portfolio management
- Controls and automates multi-entity and multi-domain entitlement of business services for service consumers
- Enables application administrators to create, control, and manage on demand service packages to subscribers across the business ecosystem
- Designed for integration with identity management and LDAP systems, and supports both self-service and assisted enrollment and cancellation of business service portfolios
- Manages business service portfolios for subscribers
- Federates subscriber information from LDAP systems for user data
- Enables policy-driven relationships between subscribers and "real world" artifacts such as existing applications, service declarations, and domain models
- Collects and stores subscriber information and associate subscribers with their chosen services
- Creates and manages hierarchical roles, users, and domains and assigns services to them
- Reliably creates and publishes portfolios of available services with standardized service packages and service performance levels
- Registers subscribers and manages subscriber profiles for business services
- Enables both self-service and assisted enrollment models for management of personalized service portfolios
- Represents complex organizational hierarchies and captures meta-data related to subscribers and roles
- Validates changes made to subscribers, roles and organizational hierarchies
- Includes IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- Includes IBM Insurance P & C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
Real-time business service visibility and control
- Business visibility and monitoring of composite business services and service oriented processes for business analysts and IT administrators
- Multi-perspective views and drill-down analysis of events and exceptions with respect to business context in a loosely coupled, service-oriented business ecosystem
- Subscriber- and role-based drill-down performance visibility against business goals and service level agreements
- Business service support for billing and metering of composite business services at business service level
- Central performance monitoring console customizable by business need
- Domain, subscriber, and service-based performance and Service Level Agreement (SLA) reporting
- Business content monitoring and alert notification
- Context specific error handling across multiple messages and protocols
- Configurable audit trails on service invocations for security, SLA, and compliance monitoring
- Real-time monitoring of aggregate or individual level traffic including faults, throughput response, and availability
Comprehensive business service governance
- Governs and manages the set of services, policies, and processes that drive reuse of business services, define and enforce policies, control proliferation of services, provide composite business service visibility, and manage the life cycle of business services
- Leverages components of WebSphere Business Services Fabric to govern life-cycle changes, particularly for design-time promotion of services to run-time and for recording service performance and changes
- Governs all aspects of business services: performance, reliability, interoperability, security, and management
- Manages life-cycle changes to business services
- Controls meta-data promotion between environments
- Validates meta-models to ensure accuracy and correctness before publishing
- Ensures meta-data integrity while modeling composite business services in a multi-authoring environment
- Defines policies for meta-data visibility in collaborative development environments
- Notifies users when changes are made
- Offers change management process for service versioning, validation, and performance management
- Includes open APIs for integration with change management systems, such as IBM Rational ClearCase®
Industry content packs to speed time to market for industry SOA solutions
- Industry packs, that are designed for specific industry participants, facilitate more rapid SOA solution assembly.
- Industry reference models and message sets "speak the industry business language" out-of-the-box to facilitate interoperability and semantic mediation between disparate IT assets in an SOA.
Industry packs for property and casualty insurers and healthcare insurers.
- IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- IBM Insurance P & C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- Industry semantic models to simplify interoperability by defining the common language to facilitate interoperability between disparate IT assets. These pre-packaged, industry-specific vocabularies are expressed as an extensible ontology, for example, ACORD, IAA, HIPAA, and HL7.
- Industry message sets to meet regulatory compliance and simplify interoperability by standardizing the messages and transactions between IT assets.
- Industry-common services to speed time to market with prebuilt, frequently reused horizontal infrastructure services. Includes interfaces to popular industry-specific, third-party and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services.
- Prebuilt policy assertions to speed time to market, ensure consistency, and maintain standards compliance during the definition and development of business service policies.
- Industry packs are extensible for use within an enterprise, or secure publishing to a broader partner ecosystem.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) can be requested via IBM's Web site at
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
No hardcopy documentation is shipped with this product.
Softcopy documentation is shipped on the product CDs in the format shown below:
Installation Guides (.pdf)
- WebSphere® Business Services Foundation Pack Installation Guide
- WebSphere Tool Pack Installation Guide
- Healthcare Payor Pack Installation Guide
- Insurance P&C Pack Installation Guide
User Guides (.html format)
- WebSphere Tool pack User Guides
- Fabric Developers Guide (.pdf format)
- Tivoli® Composite Application Manager for SOA Integration Guide (.pdf format)
Back to top
Any hardware that is explicitly compatible and fully capable of running the specified operating system, all the corresponding supporting software, and any associated applications unmodified. The responsibility to provide a statement of full compatibility between machines lies with the original equipment provider (if not IBM).
- AIX®: IBM System p servers
- Linux: x86 platform: 32-bit Intel® PC hardware
- Windows: x86-compatible PC hardware
- AIX V5.3 ML2
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise Server (32-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3.0 Update 6
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Repository database: DB2 Universal Database® Enterprise Server Edition V8.2 and Fix Pack 10
Application server: WebSphere Process Server V184.108.40.206 with Fix Pack supporting WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 with Fix Pack 13 (provided)
Use of the industry content packs requires licenses to the following standards:
IBM Insurance P & C Pack
- ACORD Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development
- IAA Insurance Application Architecture (license required for full IAA/IIW models)
Healthcare Payor Pack
- HIPAA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- HL7 Health Level Seven
- ANSI X12 ANSI ASC X12
Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support, is included in the Passport Advantage Agreement. Installation and technical support is provided by the Software Maintenance offering of the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement. This fee service enhances customer productivity, with voice and electronic access into IBM support organizations.
WebSphere Business Services Fabric V6.0 is available via the following media packages:
WebSphere Business Services Fabric Foundation Pack
- WebSphere Business Services Fabric V6.0 product CD
- WebSphere Process Server V6.0.1 product CDs
- Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric product CD
Insurance P & C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric CD
- Insurance P & C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric product CD
WebSphere Business Services Fabric Tool Pack
- WebSphere Business Services Composition Studio V6.0 product CD
- WebSphere Integration Developer V6.0.1 product CDs
Note: Product documentation is included on the product CDs.
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Business Services Fabric uses the security and auditability features of the host hardware and software.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
IBM Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a software services sales specialist, visit
To locate an IBM Business Partner, visit
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product group Product Licensed function title category IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for Process Process WebSphere Business Services Fabric Integration Integration Servers IBM Insurance P&C Pack for Process Process WebSphere Business Services Fabric Integration Integration Servers IBM WebSphere Business Services Process Process Foundation Pack Integration Integration Servers IBM WebSphere Business Services Process Process Tool Pack Integration Integration Servers PID Charge unit Program name number description IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for 5724-R31 Establishment WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere 5724-R31 Establishment Business Services Fabric IBM WebSphere Business Services 5724-R31 Value Unit Foundation Pack IBM WebSphere Business Services Tool 5724-R31 Authorized Pack user IBM WebSphere Business Services Tool 5724-R31 Authorized Pack user
Charge metrics definitions
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as users, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for your specific implementation of the given program must be obtained from a conversion table associated with the program. You must obtain a proof of entitlement (PoE) for the appropriate number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements of a given program cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another Program.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor (commonly called a "CPU" or "core") is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic and/or logic units. With multi-core technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processors require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To determine the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the processor value unit conversion table on the Passport Advantage Web site
With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of Value Units based on all activated processors on the server available to the program or a component of the program.
An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside your enterprise. A PoE must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
An authorized user (user) is one and only one individual, machine, program or device with a specific identity (ID) within or outside your enterprise.
A PoE is evidence of your authorization to use a program and is required for each user accessing the program or any component, application, feature, function and/or capability thereof, either directly or indirectly, through any means on behalf of the user in any manner.
The program may be installed on one or more computers, and accessed by multiple users provided that a user authorization has been obtained for each individual user.
- Users have unique specific identity and IDs cannot be shared.
- An ID may establish one or more connections and count as a single user.
- An ID may only be reassigned for the long-term replacement of personnel, machine, program, or device.
For each authorization you are permitted to deploy an unlimited number of copies of the licensed business models only on machines owned or leased by you that are located at a single physical site, including the surrounding campus and satellite offices.
Passport Advantage program licenses
WebSphere Business Services Fabric
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Business Services Foundation Pack IBM WS Bus Svcs Foundtn Pk Value D59S1LL Unit License & SW Maintenance 12 Months IBM WS Bus Svcs Foundtn Pk Value D59S3LL Unit License & SW Maintenance 12 Months IBM WS Bus Svcs Foundtn Pk Value E0345LL Unit SW Maintenance Annual Renewal IBM WS Bus Svcs Foundtn Pk Value D59S2LL Unit SW Maintenance Reinstatement 12 Mont IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM HltPy Pk for WS BusSvcs D59S8LL Establishment License & SW Maintenance 12 Mont IBM HltPy Pk for WS BusSvcs E0348LL Establishment SW Maintenance Annual Renewal IBM HltPy Pk for WS BusSvcs D59S9LL Establishment SW Maintenance Reinstatement 12 IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric IP&C Pk for WS Bus Svcs Fbc D59SALL Establishment License & SW Maintenance 12 Mont IP&C Pk for WS Bus Svcs Fbc E0349LL Establishment SW Maintenance Annual Renewal IP&C Pk for WS Bus Svcs Fbc D59SBLL Establishment SW Maintenance Reinstatement 12 IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM WebSphere Business Services Tool Pack WS Bus Services Tool Pack D59S0LL Authorized User License & SW Maintenance 12 M WS Bus Services Tool Pack D59RYLL Authorized User License & SW Maintenance 12 M WS Bus Services Tool Pack E0344LL Authorized User SW Maintenance Annual Renewal WS Bus Services Tool Pack D59RZLL Authorized User SW Maintenance Reinstatement
Passport Advantage supply
Part Program name/description number IBM WebSphere Business Services Foundation Pack Media Pack English Windows Server 2003, AIX 5L(TM), BA0M2EN Red Hat Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM WebSphere Business Services Tool Pack Media Pack English Windows Server 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat BA0M3EN Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric Media Pack English Windows Server 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat BA0M4EN Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric Media Pack English Windows Server 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat BA0M5EN Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
IBM WebSphere Business Services Foundation Pack
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number IBM WebSphere Business English Windows Server BA0M2EN Services Foundation Pack -- 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat per Value unit Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk -- ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM WebSphere Business Services Tool Pack IBM WebSphere Business English Windows Server BA0M3EN Services Tool Pack -- per 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat Authorized user Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk -- ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM WebSphere Business English Windows Server BA0M3EN Services Tool Pack -- 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat zSeries® per Authorized Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk user -- ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric IBM Healthcare Payor Pack English Windows Server BA0M4EN for WebSphere Business 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat Services Fabric -- per Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk Establishment -- ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0 IBM Insurance P & C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric Insurance P & C Pack for English Windows Server BA0M5EN WebSphere Business 2003, AIX 5L, Red Hat Services Fabric -- per Linux CD-ROM Digital Disk Establishment -- ISO 9660 Standard V6.0.0
Cross-platform product for use on zSeries
Order the part numbers that follow when there is an intention to acquire this cross-platform product for deployment on the zSeries/S/390® platform. This set of part numbers provides the identical supply and authorization as the other set in this announcement. The distinction is to identify the planned deployment platform.
Part Program name/description number WS Bus Services Tool Pack D59SKLL Authorized User License & SW Maintenance 12 M WS Bus Services Tool Pack E034ELL Authorized User SW Maintenance Annual Renewal WS Bus Services Tool Pack D59SLLL Authorized User SW Maintenance Reinstatement
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Agreement: IBM International Program License Agreement and License Information (LI) document. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support.
LI form number
Program Program name number Form number WebSphere Business Services 5724-R31 L-LDEA-6TUT2Z Fabric
On or near the planned availability date, the LI will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty: Yes
Warranty: This program includes a warranty for one year from acquisition from IBM or an authorized IBM Business Partner. For one year from acquisition of the program, this warranty provides the customer with access to databases containing Program information and FAQs, including any known fixes to defects, which the customer can download or otherwise obtain and install.
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. Customers will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, return it within 30 days from the invoice date to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it for a refund.
For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the Program.
Copy and use on home/portable computer: No
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Software Maintenance applies: Yes
Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support, is included in the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement. Installation and technical support is provided by the Software Maintenance offering of the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement. This fee service provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with the initial license acquisition of each Program acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance may be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions; and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. This assistance is not available to your end users. IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, every day of the year. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Guide at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under this agreement.
For more information about the Passport Advantage Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
iSeries Software Maintenance applies: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM Global Services has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to put you on the road to higher systems availability. IBM Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that provides you with an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available on the IBM eServer® platform. These services provide the opportunity for greater system availability due to faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. IBM Electronic Services is comprised of two separate but complementary elements: IBM Electronic Services news page and IBM Electronic Service Agent.
IBM Electronic Services news page provides you with a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used by customers to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The IBM Electronic Service Agent is no-additional charge software that resides on your IBM eServer system. It is designed to proactively monitor events and transmit system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, customer-defined timetable. The IBM Electronic Service Agent tracks system inventory, hardware error logs, and performance information. If the server is under a current IBM maintenance service agreement or within the IBM warranty period, the Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM.
Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to provide proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent will be made available to IBM service support representatives when they are helping answer your questions or diagnosing problems.
To learn how IBM Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Dealer prices may vary, and prices may also vary by country. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local IBM representative.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner pricing information. An ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top