IBM DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition V8.2 unlocks the value of isolated content assets distributed across the enterpriseIBM United States Software Announcement 204-248
October 5, 2004
|At a glance|
Access diverse content using a single interface:
- Sign on once to access multiple repositories
- Create a single content view for disparate content and work items related to a specific process or topic
- Search, browse, check in, check out, add, retrieve, update, annotate, and secure content stored in multiple systems
- Manage content hierarchies within repositories and content views
- Publish events to drive notification, migration, synchronization, archiving, or other processes
- Automatically render content in browser-readable format
- Integrate content capabilities into a service-oriented architecture
- Use the capabilities of DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition through its application programming interface, configurable Web components, or an out-of-the-box Web interface client
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM DB2® Information Integrator Content Edition is the newest addition to IBM's DB2 Information Integrator portfolio. It powers key applications by providing a common interface over diverse content repositories and workflow systems including those from IBM, EMC (Documentum), FileNet, Hummingbird®, Interwoven, Open Text, Stellent, and others making them look and act as one system. According to industry estimates, 85% of business information is unstructured; that is, it is stored as large objects such as documents, correspondence, images, reports, or the like. Leveraging content efficiently and effectively across the organization is critical for:
- Cost reduction: Improve customer service by providing clients and service agents access to all relevant documents, images, e-mail, and other distributed content from a single interface
- Revenue growth: Enhance cross-sell initiatives and other merger-related synergies by rapidly integrating disparate repositories; and streamline future mergers with an acquisition-ready infrastructure for combining content assets from disparate environments
- Risk mitigation: Unify access to distributed information to better identify and respond to risks; apply retention and disposition policies on content stored in disparate systems; and create a consolidated event log across multiple systems for managing audit trails
Furthermore, many business critical applications now require integration of structured data such as revenue figures together with unstructured information such as reports.
- Regulatory compliance where loan applications must be combined with an organization's credit rating, loan default patterns, or business relationships to assess risk and justify actions
- Law enforcement where criminal investigations need to leverage criminal, immigration, travel, phone, and DNA records stored in myriad databases
- Pharmaceutical research where collaboration across biological and chemical research domains requires access to assets spread across public, private, and privately shared lab results, genetic information, chemical information, academic papers, and more
The DB2 Information Integrator portfolio provides organizations real-time, integrated access to
business information structured and unstructured, mainframe and distributed, public and private
across and beyond the enterprise. DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition can be used
standalone through its content-oriented application programming interface and can be used in
combination with other DB2 Information Integrator editions for wide-ranging information access using
industry-standard SQL or free-form search.
Back to top
One of the following operating systems:
- IBM AIX®
- Linux for Intel
- Microsoft Windows
- Sun Solaris Operating Environment
Refer to the Software requirements section for specific operating system support.
|Planned availability dates|
- November 30, 2004: Electronic Software Delivery (eSD)
- December 10, 2004: Media Pack on CD-ROM
Not available for sale in the People's Republic of China at this time.
Back to top
With most content initiatives managed at the departmental level, it is common for organizations to have multiple instances of content repositories as well as repositories from multiple vendors. In fact, industry analysts indicate that over 75% of customers are managing their unstructured content in more than one repository and 25% manage more than 15 repositories. DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition helps organizations get more value from their existing content assets.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition enables applications to access and work with a broad range of unstructured information sources as if they were stored and managed in one unified system. Rather than accessing each repository individually or coding to multiple APIs from different vendors or replacing existing systems, DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition provides a uniform superset API and real-time content views of content and workflow accessed in place. DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition exposes the full, two-way function of underlying content management and workflow systems, adheres to the security of those systems, and adds federation services such as metadata mapping, federated search, and single sign-on. DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition provides tools to easily develop enterprise applications that connect to any content system, and provides out-of-the-box connectors to leading content repositories and workflow systems such as IBM's DB2 Content Manager, DB2 Content Manager OnDemand, WebSphere MQ Workflow and Lotus Notes®, as well as those from FileNet, EMC (Documentum), Microsoft, Hummingbird, Interwoven, Open Text, and Stellent.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition features
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition delivers full bidirectional access to underlying content and workflow systems, including the unique capabilities of the underlying repository. Out-of-the-box connectors quickly unify a broad range of content sources and workflow systems without the cost, complexity, and risk of custom programming efforts. Connectors are available to the following systems:
- DB2 Content Manager
- DB2 Content Manager OnDemand
- IBM WebSphere® MQ Workflow
- IBM Lotus Notes
- IBM Lotus® Domino.Doc®
- FileNet Content Services
- FileNet Image Services
- FileNet Report Manager
- FileNet Image Services Resource Adapter
- FileNet P8 Content Manager
- FileNet P8 Business Process Manager
- Open Text Livelink
- Microsoft Index Server/NTFS
- Stellent Content Server
- Interwoven TeamSite
- Hummingbird Enterprise DM
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition also includes a toolkit that enables the development, configuration, and deployment of content connectors to additional commercial and proprietary repositories. Sample connectors are provided for accessing Google and file systems.
When accessing content repositories, users can:
- Create, delete, and browse folders
- Check in, check out, and modify content
- File and unfile content in folders
- Retrieve folders and folder contents
- View and update metadata, security, and annotations
- View and create versions and renditions
- Create and work with compound documents
- Create and interact with workflow tasks and queues
- View content dynamically in a browser; supported formats include virtually all standard business formats, as well as specialized formats such as TIFF and MODCA
- Manipulate images through the browser interface
- Monitor content, content folders, workflow items, and queues for changes, and trigger actions when a change occurs
In addition, DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition provides value-added function that spans disparate content repositories and workflow systems:
- Map metadata for creating a common schema across different content systems.
- Organize and view related content from multiple content repositories and view work tasks from multiple workflow systems to support a specific business user's task such as claims processing, loan origination, intelligence investigations, or any other content-centric work process.
- Search across multiple repositories using property-based and full-text keyword-based queries and receive an aggregated result set.
- Create custom event handlers and other rules-based behaviors that span multiple content and workflow repositories. For example, a single event log can be set up for centralized auditing in support of various compliance initiatives, or synchronization rules can be set up to migrate content as it is modified.
- Sign on once using an LDAP, Active Directory, or DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition identity and the single sign-on system encrypts and stores multiple repository credentials providing seamless logons to multiple underlying systems through the single authentication process.
- Be productive immediately, using an out-of-the-box configurable Web client for knowledge workers that offers a completely unified user experience, federated search and browsing, and exposes all the content management functions of the underlying repositories. Web users can also take advantage of other features including single sign-on, content views, subscription services, and viewing support.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition makes distributed content and workflow fully accessible within any application. Developers can use pre-built Web components that support the standard functions for accessing, managing, and working with distributed content. These components can be snapped into and customized to match the look and feel of any customer or commercial applications, including portals, enterprise applications, and collaborative applications. Web components provide commonly required capability such as:
- Navigating a repository
- Querying a repository
- Creating, listing, and updating content
- Managing content security
- Converting content items into a browser-ready format
All Web components are available as JSR 168 portlets to speed up deployment in portal applications.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition includes a bidirectional Java API that applications can use to access the full function of the underlying repositories and workflow systems. All capability can also be accessed via Web services to address other popular application development environments.
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition V8.2 is not fully compliant with Section 508 of the U.S.
Rehabilitation Act. Detailed test results will be available at a later date.
Back to top
Virtually all organizations today have multiple content repositories in place, as a result of departmental purchasing decisions and merger and acquisition activity. This has severely challenged organizations as they've looked to break down departmental process silos with enterprise applications, and initiatives such as portals, CRM initiatives, domain-specific workflow applications, and projects associated with compliance and research and intelligence. Common among these applications is the need to access and manage content in multiple disparate repositories.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition enables organizations to access and work with all of their distributed content as if the assets were stored and managed in a single unified repository. This allows organizations to better access, utilize, and control their distributed content assets. For example:
- Enhance CRM and other business applications Integrate documents, images, rich media, e-mail, and other business-critical content assets into customer service and other line-of-business applications to optimize levels of service and operational efficiency.
- Consolidate operations after merger and acquisition (M&A) and future-proof applications Rapidly integrate heterogeneous systems inherited by M&A to ensure operational continuity and ongoing compliance, and to better exploit synergies such as cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. Porting applications to an abstraction layer ensures that they remain repository independent and are not disrupted by upgrades, migrations, or the addition of new content sources through M&A.
- Integrate mixed content with workflow processes Associate content stored in multiple disparate repositories with a single workflow item to streamline and optimize content-centric workflow processes, such as claims processing, underwriting, contract management, and loan origination.
- Extend compliance and records management initiatives Centralize audit logs for managing compliance across systems, or enable a virtual records management application that allows you to apply retention and disposition policies to content stored in external systems.
- Accelerate deployment of content-centric applications Eliminate the need for custom integrations to underlying content sources and workflow systems by embedding pre-built Web components that provide full bidirectional access to multiple disparate underlying systems.
Furthermore, DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition complements IBM's information management, collaboration, business process, and portal solutions enhancing them with rich content.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition integrates seamlessly with DB2 Information Integrator OmniFind Edition to provide a greater range of unstructured information sources via a free form search paradigm. Text search applications in call centers, corporate intranets, or business portals can easily access information in content management systems as well as on the Web, in file systems, and in other applications. Applications and initiatives within financial services, government, insurance, healthcare, and other industries are increasingly dependent on this combined lens of structured data and unstructured content for identifying the trends and patterns that reveal risks, inform decisions, and help to optimize operations.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition integrates with DB2 Information Integrators SQL federation capabilities giving applications access to the widest range of structured and unstructured information, all through a single SQL query that works with leading analytical, reporting, portal, process, and application development software. Federation of structured data together with unstructured content has powerful implications for today's on demand business. For example:
- Business intelligence initiatives Improve reporting and make more informed decisions based on a complete, actionable, and relatable data model that ties together data and content sources.
- Law enforcement Combine diverse information such as criminal records, immigration records, travel records, DNA records, and so on, stored in myriad databases to assist criminal investigations.
- Insurance scenarios such as claims adjustment Tie together the claim forms, police reports, loss appraisals, and photographs with customer account detail, such as historical loss trends, driving records, and so on.
- Financial services scenarios such as equity research Analyze news feeds and financials together with reports and analyses to form a complete picture of a company's future prospects.
- Call center data analysis Analyze call center data and other problem records located in e-mails, correspondence, recorded audio, and so on for early detection of problem trends, or for better understanding of customers' needs.
- Regulatory compliance Combine loan applications with an organization's credit rating, loan default patterns, and more to assess risk and justify actions.
- Pharmaceutical research Facilitate collaboration across biological and chemical research domains whose assets are spread across public, private, and privately shared lab results, genetic information, chemical information, academic papers, and more.
- Medical research Analyze image data (X-rays, MRIs, and so on), together with treatment histories and results and new research, to determine optimal treatment plans.
Back to top
For information on DB2 Information Integrator for Linux, UNIX®, and Windows V8.2, refer to Software Announcement 204-202 , dated September 14, 2004.
Back to top
Visit the following Web site for curriculum information and course availability in your country
The appropriate curriculum will be updated to include the enhancements described in this announcement.
Search for "DB2® Information Integrator" to identify the relevant courses.
Call IBM Education and Training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs,
schedules, and enrollments.
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
Softcopy publications are included on the product media.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
The minimum hardware requirements for DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition are defined by the supported operating system. Refer to the Software reqirements section for supported operating systems, with additional minimum hardware requirements noted below:
- When running on Windows or Linux in a 32-bit Intel environment, an Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon CPU is required.
- When running in Solaris environment, an UltraSparc CPU is required.
- When running on AIX® in a POWER environment, a POWER4 CPU is required.
The following table shows the minimum recommended memory for installation in megabytes (MB). The actual requirement depends on the applications the customer intends to run. Additional memory may be required to handle heavy workloads and large numbers of users. The numbers below are for reference only.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition1
Sun Solaris AIX Windows Linux 512 MB 512 MB 512 MB 512 MB
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition clients: The amount of memory required for the DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition API depends on the operating system, the J2EE application server's client run-time, and the applications that are running. In most cases, it should be sufficient to use the minimum memory requirements of the operating system as the minimum requirement for running the DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition API clients. Graphical tools that are part of the administration tool will require an additional 128 MB.
Disk space requirement
The following table shows minimum recommended disk space for a typical installation in MB. The actual space required may vary depending on the file system used and the components installed. The following numbers are for reference only.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition2
Sun Solaris AIX Windows Linux 100 -- 100 -- 100 -- 100 MB -- 300 MB 300 MB 300 MB 300 MB
- The memory requirements given for DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition include the memory that is typically required for a hosting J2EE application server. Refer to the documentation of the J2EE application server for detailed memory requirements. In addition, the installation process for DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition requires 128 MB of memory.
The disk space required for DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition depends on the components
selected. The disk space requirements given for DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition do not
include the disk space that is required for a hosting J2EE application server. Refer to the
documentation of the J2EE application server for detailed disk space requirements.
The DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition API and DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition administration tool cannot be installed separately. Therefore, they require the same disk space as DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition.
Minimum requirements for operating systems (at the time of announcement)
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition server support
IBM AIX (32-bit and 64-bit support3)
- AIX 5.1-04
- AIX 5.2
Linux for Intel (32-bit support)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 3.0, Update 2
Microsoft Windows (32-bit support)
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
- Windows Server 2003
Solaris Operating Environment (32-bit and 64-bit support3)
- Solaris 8 with November 2004 patch
- Solaris 9 with November 2004 patch
- A 32-bit JVM is required.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition Web client support
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0. Use of DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition View Services requires the Sun 1.4.1 JVM plug-in.
- Windows XP Professional Edition with Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0. Use of DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition View Services requires the Sun 1.4.1 JVM plug-in.
Other software requirements
A J2EE 1.3 compliant application server is required. The following application servers are supported:
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server 5.1 with Fix Pack 1
- IBM WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation 5.1
- BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 SP2®
Single sign-on capability using LDAP requires one of the following directory servers:
- Netscape Directory Server 6.2
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2003
- Open LDAP 2.0.27
Supported data sources
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition supports the following data sources at the version and release shown.
Connector for Documentum
- Documentum Content Server 4.3.2 with Documentum Foundation Classes 4.3
- Documentum Content Server 5.2.5 with Documentum Foundation Classes 5.2
Connector for FileNet
- FileNet Content Services 5.3 with Panagon Web Services 3.3
- FileNet Image Services 3.6 with Panagon Web Services 3.3
- FileNet Report Manager 4.1
- FileNet Image Services Resource Adapter 3.1 Service Pack 3
- FileNet P8 Content Manager 3.0
- FileNet P8 Business Process Manager 3.0
Connector for Open Text
- OpenText Livelink Enterprise Server 9.2
Connector for Microsoft Index Server
- Microsoft Index Server with NTFS on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003
Connector for Stellent
- Stellent Content Server 5.1.1
Connector for Interwoven
- Interwoven Teamsite Content Server 5.5, 6.0, 6.1
Connector for IBM
- DB2 Content Manager 8.2
- DB2 Content Manager OnDemand 7.1
- WebSphere MQ Workflow for Multiplatforms V3.3
- Lotus Notes® 5.0.5
- Lotus Notes 6.5
- Lotus® Domino.Doc® 3.1
Connector for Hummingbird®
- Hummingbird DM 5.1
Direct customer support: Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel. This fee service enhances customers' productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel will help answer questions pertaining to usage and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or visit
Packaging: DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition is available on Linux, UNIX®, and Windows platforms and includes a restricted use license for IBM WebSphere Application Server. The View Services component, which dynamically renders content into browser-viewable formats, is available as a separately orderable feature. Out-of-the-box connectors are also available as separately ordered features.
DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition V8.2 includes:
- License Information booklet
- DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition CD, which includes softcopy product publications
- WebSphere Application Server 5.1, for limited use with DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition
Back to top
Product Group: IBM Database2 Product Identifier Description (PID) DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition 5724-J31 Product Category: DB2
Product charge structure
Name Type DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition Processor DB2 II Connector for FileNet Connector DB2 II Connector for Documentum Connector DB2 II Connector for Interwoven Connector DB2 II Connector for Open Text Connector DB2 II Connector for Stellent Connector DB2 II Connector for Microsoft Index Server Connector DB2 II Connector for IBM Connector DB2 II Connector for Hummingbird Connector DB2 II View Services Processor
The product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Use-based charges Resources available or attached
Charges for the DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition (the "Program") are based on processors attached or available to it and on connectors for content or workflow sources accessed.
The total number of processors that are attached or available may not exceed the number authorized by the applicable Proofs of Entitlement (PoEs). If the total number of processors exceeds the quantity in your PoE you must notify IBM or its reseller as stated in the IPLA.
The total number of content or workflow sources accessed may not exceed the number authorized by the applicable connector PoEs. If the total number of connectors used exceeds that which is authorized by the applicable PoE, you must notify IBM or its reseller as stated in the IPLA. Each connector PoE enables you to access, from the Program residing on one physical server, one of the specified content or workflow sources described below. Additional connector instances will require additional connector PoEs.
One Connector for IBM entitles access to only one of the following options:
- One IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow server
- One IBM DB2 Content Manager Library Server
- One IBM DB2 Content Manager OnDemand Library Server
- Any number of IBM Lotus Domino.Doc Servers available to the Program within the Enterprise
- Any number of IBM Lotus Notes Domino Servers available to the Program within the Enterprise
- One Connector for Documentum entitles access to one Documentum Content Server plus its associated Process Automation Services.
One Connector for FileNet entitles access to only one of the following options:
- One FileNet Image Services library and its associated workflow processes
- One FileNet Content Services library
- One FileNet Report Manager server
- One FileNet P8 Content Manager object store
- One FileNet P8 Business Process Manager process router
- One Connector for Hummingbird entitles access to one Hummingbird Enterprise DM repository.
- One Connector for Interwoven entitles access to one TeamSite Content Server content store.
- One Connector for Microsoft Index Server entitles access to the content associated with one Index Server catalog.
- One Connector for Stellent entitles access to one Stellent content server.
- One Connector for Open Text entitles access to one Livelink Enterprise Server.
The Program includes a connector for Google as a sample for development use only. Contact Google
for details on licensing the Google API for production use.
For content or workflow sources not specifically listed above, the following applies:
- One connector for an e-mail or collaboration system entitles you to access one or more servers of one specific type of a supported e-mail or collaboration system accessible by the Program.
- One connector for a content or document management system entitles you to access a supported content management system on one server.
Example for calculating required connectors
To install DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition on an IBM xSeries® four-processor machine for access to content from one FileNet P8 Content Manager object store, one FileNet Report Manager server, and several Lotus Notes Domino servers within the enterprise would require the purchase of entitlements for the following:
- Four DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition processors
- Two Connectors for FileNet
- One Connector for IBM
The installation of DB2 Information Integrator Content Edition on another machine to access those same content source instances would require the purchase of additional processor and connector entitlements.
In idle standby or active standby, you must acquire the correct number of processors; for active standby you must also acquire the correct number of connectors:
In an active standby configuration, the Program is operational on all servers to service user transactions or queries. Because each of the active standby servers is used to operate the Program for user transactions or queries before or after a failure, the Program must be fully licensed. In active standby, you must license the Program for the number of processors attached or available to the active standby server and for the number of connectors available to the active standby server. For example, if the standby server has four processors and two connectors then you must obtain four processor entitlements and two connector entitlements.
In an idle standby configuration, all servers have the Program installed, however, at least one of the servers does not have the Program operational to service user transactions or query workloads. In idle standby, you must license the Program for one processor per idle server only, irrespective to the number of processors or connectors attached or available to the server.
The Program contains documentation, a client API, and a View Services viewer applet (available only with a PoE for View Services). You may make a reasonable number of copies of the documentation for use within your Enterprise in support of your authorized use of the Program. You may use the API and View Services viewer applet on an unlimited number of clients within your Enterprise in support of your authorized use of the Program.
Limited Use License of WebSphere Application Server
For each server on which the Program is installed, you are entitled to install and use, from the media provided with the Program, one copy of each of the WebSphere Application Server components required to support your licensed use of the Program. Your use of the Application Server components is limited to use in support of your licensed use of the Program, and is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement (except as limited in this paragraph) which accompanies the Application Server components. The WebSphere Application Server components provided with the Program may not be used for any other purpose unless a full license for WebSphere Application Server is purchased.
The "Base" configuration of the WebSphere Application Server product may include the components on the following CD-ROMs:
- One or more Application Server, IBM HTTP Server CD-ROMs (including the Application Server for iSeries, MQ for iSeries CD-ROM)
- Application Clients CD-ROM
- Application Server Toolkit CD-ROM
- IBM HTTP Server CD-ROM
Your use of the components on these CD-ROMs is subject to the terms and conditions of the current IBM International Program License Agreement or International License Agreement for Non-warranted Programs, as the case may be, this License Information document, and the additional terms and conditions which accompany these components as specified in the License Information document on the applicable CD-ROM or in hardcopy form. In the event of a conflict between these documents, the terms of the current IBM International Program License Agreement or International License Agreement for Non-warranted Programs, as applicable, and this License Information document control, provided that paragraphs titled "Third party code," "Source code," or "Excluded components" in the terms and conditions which accompany a component take precedence over the terms and conditions of this or any other agreement you may have with IBM or any of its related or affiliated companies.
Each Proof of Entitlement for the Base configuration of WebSphere Application Server includes the following use authorizations under the terms and conditions contained in the individual CD-ROMs or in hardcopy form:
- Application Server, IBM HTTP Server CD-ROMs (including the Application Server for iSeries, MQ for iSeries CD-ROM): One Per Processor Proof of Entitlement under one of the License Information documents on such CD-ROMs or in hardcopy form accompanying the CD-ROM
- Application Clients CD-ROM: As specified in the applicable License Information document included in the install packages on such CD-ROM
- Application Server Toolkit CD-ROM: Use with the components of the Program as specified in the License information document on such CD-ROM
- IBM HTTP Server CD-ROM: Use with the components of the Program as specified in the License Information document on such CD-ROM
Redistribution: You may distribute an unlimited number of copies of the components on the "Application Clients CD-ROM" of the WebSphere Application Server to any third party provided that you may only distribute the components of the Application Clients CD-ROM as part of one of the installable packages provided on the Application Clients CD-ROM. Any copies of the installable packages on the Application Clients CD-ROM you distribute must be complete and unmodified. In addition, you must obtain the agreement of the recipient to the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and the License Information document contained in the installable package. Such agreement may be obtained by obtaining the recipient's written agreement to these terms and conditions, or by distributing a self-installing executable for the components on the Application Clients CD-ROM which contains such terms and conditions and requires the end user's acceptance of such terms and conditions before installing such components. You also agree that copies of the components on the Application Clients CD-ROM which you distribute to third parties are unsupported by IBM and are provided on an as-is basis, without warranty of any kind (either express or implied) including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any warranty of non-infringement. You are responsible for all technical assistance for use by such third-party recipients of the components on the Application Clients CD-ROM. You agree to indemnify IBM from and against any third-party claim arising out of or relating to your distribution or use by such third parties of the components on the Application Clients CD-ROM.
Part Program name/description number IBM DB2 Information Integrator Content BB0MBNA Edition 8.2 Multiplatform Eng Media Pack DB2 Information Integrator Content Ed D544QLL Processor LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 Information Integrator Content Ed E01EMLL Processor ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL Part Program name/description number DB2 Information Integrator Content Ed D544RLL Processor SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for IBM LIC+SW D544ALL MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for IBM ANNUAL SW E01EFLL MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for IBM SW MAINT D544BLL REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Documentum D544LLL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Documentum E01EKLL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for Documentum D544MLL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for FileNet D544NLL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for FileNet E01ELLL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for FileNet D544PLL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Content Edition for Hummingbird D54CJLL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Content Edition for Hummingbird E01IHLL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Content Edition for Hummingbird D54CKLL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Interwoven D5440LL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Interwoven E01EALL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for Interwoven D5441LL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Microsoft Index D5446LL Server LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Microsoft Index E01EDLL Server ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for Microsoft Index D5447LL Server SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Open Text D5442LL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Open Text E01EBLL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for Open Text D5443LL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Stellent D5444LL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II Connector for Stellent E01ECLL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II Connector for Stellent D5445LL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO DB2 II View Services Processor D5448LL LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO DB2 II View Services Processor E01EELL ANNUAL SW MAINT RNWL DB2 II View Services Processor D5449LL SW MAINT REINSTATE 12 MO
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
License information form number: L-KZEN-6362GV (GC18-9389-00)
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Warranty: This program has warranty for a minimum of one year from acquisition from IBM or authorized IBM Business Partner. The warranty provided to the customer, for at least one year from acquisition, is access to databases (read Web sites) for program information and FAQs, including any known fixes to defects, which the customer can download or obtain otherwise and install at leisure.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the Program, return it within 30 days from the invoice date, to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it, for a refund. This applies only to your first acquisition of the Program.
Copy and use on home/portable computer: No
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage applies: Yes and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Software Maintenance applies: Yes
Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support, is now included in the Passport Advantage Agreement. Installation and technical support for the product announced in this letter is provided by the Software Maintenance offering of the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement. This fee service enhances customer productivity by providing voice and/or electronic access into the IBM support organizations.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation, and usage (how-to) questions; and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, every day of the year. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Guide at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under this agreement.
For more information about the Passport Advantage Agreement, refer to the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement Software Announcement 201-202 , dated July 10, 2001, or visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: No
AIX/UNIX Upgrade Protection applies: No
Entitled Upgrade for current AIX/UNIX Upgrade Protection licensees: No
iSeries Software Subscription applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available on the following Passport Advantage Web site
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the
United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to
qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a
customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type,
and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept: IBM CALL, 11th Floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top