IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 and IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2 improve your business process management experienceIBM United States Software Announcement 208-143
June 24, 2008
|At a glance|
IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 and IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2:
- Help improve productivity by enabling business analysts to find, reuse, publish, and manage relevant business process management (BPM) artifacts in IBM Rational Asset Manager directly from WebSphere Business Modeler
- Simplify communication of business processes with support for business process modeling notation (BPMN) and more options to customize business process visualization
- Accelerate creation of human workflows by empowering business user to create and review initial UI forms during simulation allowing fast iteration and reduced dependency on IT during modeling
- Improve collaboration between people defining and implementing business processes by allowing them to view process models more easily in a Web browser
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM WebSphere® Business Modeler V6.1.2 helps you document, visualize, and analyze your business processes using industry standards and support for leading business process management (BPM) technologies.
Delivers the IBM BPM tooling for business analysts
- Enables business analysts to graphically model business processes, including human workflows and business rules leveraging Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Provides improved model editing with a simplified palette and more options for users to customize the way the business process are visualized
- Can import template-based Microsoft® Excel XML content such as organization structures
Integrates with IBM Rational® Asset Manager as an asset repository to manage BPM assets at design
- Enables business analysts to find, reuse, publish, and manage relevant BPM artifacts
- Manages versions and approvals of process models and related assets
- Delivers shared access to business and IT artifacts with WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere Business Monitor tools
Includes additional capabilities for business analysts to create human workflows
- Business analysts can create, review, and interact with UI Forms to simulate business processes
- Leverage your organizational models to seed a people directory.
IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2 is a Web-based tool for collaborating design and development of business process assets published from the IBM BPM suite of products.
Improves collaboration between people defining and implementing a business process
- New publishing server based on Web 2.0 technology greatly simplifies setup and improves the user interface.
- Share forms and dashboard designs on the publishing server.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (SLES) on Intel® and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on Intel support.
You can choose WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2 to extend the collaboration capability of your existing WebSphere Business Process Modeler V6.1.2 suite of products or choose one of the following editions of WebSphere Business Modeler that best suits your needs:
- WebSphere Business Modeler Basic V6.1.2
- WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced V6.1.2
- WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Edition V6.1.2
Back to top
Supported operating systems
WebSphere Business Modeler
- Microsoft Windows® XP
- Windows Vista® Business (32 bit)
- Windows Vista Enterprise (32 bit)
WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows 2000 Professional
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 on Intel (32 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on Intel (32 bit)
|Planned availability dates|
- June 27, 2008: Electronic distribution U.S. English and national languages
- July 18, 2008: Media packs U.S. English and national languages
Back to top
IBM WebSphere Business Modeler and IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server are a comprehensive business process modeling, BPM design, and modeling collaboration set of tools. V6.1.2 is focused on improving the overall end-to-end BPM experience.
- Designed to offer enhanced lifecycle management of business process management (BPM) projects Integrates with IBM Rational Asset Manager to help manage the reuse and traceability of process models, model components, and other assets. It provides a scalable solution for business analysts who need to manage large numbers of BPM assets and the relationships between them. Together with IT architects and developers, business analysts will be able to communicate, share, and search for BPM models and other assets, whether they are using WebSphere Business Modeler, WebSphere Integration Developer, or the Monitoring Model Editor within WebSphere Business Monitor.
Designed to simplify communication of business processes
- Leverages business process modeling notation (BPMN) for process modeling, a standard graphical notation for drawing business process models.
- Improved ease of use of Process Editor with features such as a breadcrumb trail support for easy sub-process navigation, a new, easy to navigate palette, and newly designed artifacts. An additional feature includes support for custom graphical images in process models. This feature provides the ability for business analysts to customize images used to represent elements of a business process, such as tasks, processes, human tasks, and business rule tasks. This feature offers flexibility in representing specific business process in a tailored manner. The business analyst can print and publish these process models in the same format.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts on user interface form views and dashboard designs via WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server.
- Simplified user interface for WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server using Web 2.0 technologies.
Designed to help accelerate creation of human workflows by business users
- The business analyst can step through a storyboard during simulation and view a rendering of the user interface forms associated with each human task that has been created. This is designed to allow the business analyst to iterate on the process and collaborate on user interface forms design, before handing off the user interface forms to a developer to finalize.
- V6.1.2 leverages organizational models for people directories. Organization resources (staff and person) defined in WebSphere Business Modeler may be exported in a format that can be leveraged by an IT administrator to create Virtual Member Manager (VMM) entries to populate a people directory, such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Designed to adapt easily to changing business conditions Model business rules based on business relevance that may be modified, at run time, by the business user when using the WebSphere Business Monitor dashboards.
- Designed to enhance interoperability of business and data models Supports importing of template-based Microsoft Excel XML content. The business analyst will be able to import model elements such as resources and organizations that are created in Excel XML format.
- Expands platform and infrastructure currency Updated platforms for WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (SLES) on Intel and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on Intel.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Back to top
- Software Announcement 208-141 , dated June 24, 2008
- Software Announcement 208-144 , dated June 24, 2008
Back to top
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers are on the IBM training Web site
Call IBM training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules,
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
WebSphere® Business Modeler and WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server documentation is available from the WebSphere Business Modeler information center at
Back to top
Specified operating environment
For information for WebSphere Business Modeler products, visit
For information for WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6, visit
For information on WebSphere Business Modeler products, visit
For information on WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6, visit
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a README file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Direct customer support: Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel. This fee service enhances your productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel helps answer questions pertaining to usage and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or visit
Packaging: WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 and WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2 are both distributed via electronic download and on separate physical media packs consisting of multiple DVDs and CD-ROMs for each product. This program, when downloaded from a Web site, contains the applicable IBM license agreement, and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
IBM Software Services for WebSphere has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Business Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
IBM Software Services for WebSphere is adept at building effective teams consisting of your staff and IBM Global Business Services personnel, or with a global systems integrator of your choice to support the successful deployment of WebSphere Business Modeler. IBM Software Services for WebSphere brings product, technology, and best-practices expertise that can make any implementation team more effective. As specialists in WebSphere products, IBM has the collective experience of hundreds of live customer implementations and hundreds of consultants globally to help ensure success.
IBM Software Services for WebSphere professionals complement the project delivery team by providing deep insight into product technology and architecture as well as linkages back to the software development organization. IBM Software Services for WebSphere services offerings are tailored to your individual needs, with services that range from a full outsourced deployment to focused specialist services packages that enable a project team or client to address specific challenges.
IBM Software Services for WebSphere can also assist you with upgrading from earlier versions of WebSphere products. Any migration of applications involves proper planning, estimation, and timed execution. IBM Software Services for WebSphere can assist by precisely assessing and evaluating your existing infrastructure and support system. IBM Software Services for WebSphere has extensive, proven experience in successful product migrations.
Our IBM Software Services for WebSphere consultants:
- Are missioned to help make WebSphere products successful.
- Minimize your migration risks. We've harnessed years of field experiences into a migration services program to you successfully migrate your applications.
- Provide extensive technical skills on WebSphere and WebSphere process integration products.
- Bring tried-and-true best practices expertise to every engagement.
Packaged and custom service offerings are available, including specific predefined services offerings to get you off to a running start with WebSphere process integration products.
Visit the Web sites below to learn more about IBM Software Services for WebSphere capabilities, and how to contact your IBM Software Services for WebSphere sales specialist for specific information about services offerings for WebSphere process integration products.
For more information, visit
Your IBM Software Services for WebSphere sales specialist may be found at
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product group: WebSphere Product Identifier Description PID IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-I74 Advanced IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-I75 Basic IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-M22 Publishing Edition IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-M23 Publishing Server Product category: Application Integration Middleware Other
PID Charge unit Program name number description IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-I74 Per authorized user Basic Per authorized user for System z(TM) IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-I75 Per authorized user Advanced Per authorized user for System z IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-M22 Per Processor Publishing Edition Value unit (PVU) Per Processor Value Unit (PVU) for System z IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 5724-M23 Per Processor Publishing Server Value unit (PVU) Per Processor Value Unit (PVU) for System z
An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside your enterprise. A PoE must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
Value Unit: A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as users or resources which may include servers, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a program depends on how the program is deployed in your environment and must be obtained from a Value Unit table. You must obtain a PoE for the calculated number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements are specific to a program and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program.
For ordering information for WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6, refer to Software Announcement 206-239 , dated September 26, 2006. and to Software Announcement 207-080 , dated April 10, 2007.
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media packs.
Part Media packs description number WebSphere Business Modeler Basic V6.1.2 AF0BLML English U.S. and Multilingual WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced V6.1.2 AF0BKML English U.S. and Multilingual WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Edition AF0BMML V6.1.2 English U.S. and Multilingual WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server AF0BNML V6.1.2 English U.S. and Multilingual
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
License Information form number
License Information Program number WebSphere Business Modeler Basic V6.1.2 L-DJEN-7DPP6E WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced V6.1.2 L-DJEN-7DPP9J WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Edition V6.1.2 L-DJEN-7DPPDA WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server V6.1.2 L-DJEN-7DPPBY
The program License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Limited warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, consult the IBM Software Support Handbook found at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of five years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO): No
IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Software Maintenance applies: Yes. Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: No
Other support: Passport Advantage
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available on the following Passport Advantage Web site
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
For more financing information, visit
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top