IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1 provides solutions for IT resources across the enterpriseIBM United States Software Announcement 207-225
October 2, 2007
(Corrected on October 30, 2007)
|At a glance|
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1:
- Helps clients determine their IT costs with features designed to measure, analyze, report, and bill the utilization and costs of computing resources
- Facilitates collection of data on servers, storage, networks, databases, e-mail messaging, virtualized servers, and many other shared services
- Allows users to organize and restructure collected data into reports that help clients to track and allocate resources
- Provides chargeback capabilities to conduct billing and recover costs from end users of IT services
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM Tivoli® Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1 provides an excellent solution for customers seeking to perform resource accounting, cost allocation, and, optionally, chargeback billing based on actual usage of virtually any IT resource across the enterprise ranging from mainframes to virtualized servers to storage networks and more. This product provides solutions to the following client challenges:
- Inability to accurately assess usage in virtualized environments It is hard to assess which IT resources are being utilized, how much they are being utilized, and who is utilizing them in the new virtualized environments.
- Inability to determine the cost of an IT service or application Clients cannot determine whether IT is offering a competitive service or whether the service can be procured more cost efficiently elsewhere.
- IT resource and expense justification IT needs to determine how their operating expenses relate to the segments of the business that derive the benefit of the investments.
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- October 26, 2007: Electronic general availability via Passport Advantage®
- November 30, 2007: Media general availability via Passport Advantage
Back to top
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1 is a resource accounting product that enables you to track, manage, allocate, and optionally bill end users for IT resources. Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition assists with:
- Usage-based accounting and chargeback
- IT cost allocation and analysis
- Application allocation and availability
- Resource utilization reporting
- Easy reporting through a Web interface
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition consolidates different types of usage metering data into an integrated reporting structure. Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition can then generate reports, invoices, and summary files that show resource consumption and cost for the different functional units within an organization. This information is presented in Web, print, or file formats for easy availability. IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition will contain:
Administration Server, the central component, consisting of the following:
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition Console. This will be the Abstract User Interface Markup Language rendering in ISC over the Web Administrator tool.
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Engine. This consists of many components including a batch processing facility called Job Runner that launches and controls the underlying processes that convert raw usage data into usable Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition information. It also contains the main rules engine processing components and other data transformation tools.
- Generic collection functionality. This consists of the Integrator and the Universal Collection tools that allow clients to build their own collectors.
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Windows Web Reporting from Information Internet Services (IIS) under Windows only. This reports directly from the Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2® database using Microsoft Reporting Services runtime viewer as the underlying reporting engine and Microsoft IIS as the Web server. This Microsoft Reporting Services viewer must be separately downloaded from Microsoft and installed. It will not be supplied with Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition.
- Limited Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) reporting directly from the database. If non-Windows reporting is desired, there will be a prerequisite that the client will download and install BIRT/IES prior to installation. This reporting can be run from UNIX® or Linux. While it can also be run from Windows, the more powerful Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Windows Web Reporting is the preferred Windows reporting method.
The Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition Core Data Collection Entitlements product, delivered in the same installation as Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition, will contain:
- Windows disk usage
- Windows CPU processor usage
- VMware usage collector support
- AIX® Advanced Accounting, including support for Workload Partition, Virtual I/O Server, and any other Advanced Accounting features
- UNIX, Linux, Linux on System z operating system
- UNIX, Linux, Linux on System z file system
- System i (collects all usage from System i, but the actual collector must be run from Windows)
- Tivoli Decision Support on z/PS extract (formerly the AWO option or IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition for z/OS®)
- Generic collection (also known as Universal Collection)
- Miscellaneous and Recurring Adjustment Transaction Maintenance
The Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Collector Pack (a separate purchasable option) will contain the collectors below. A designation of sample only means that the collector is not fully documented, it is not globalized or tested, and may not run on all platforms. It is provided as a starting point only, but the sample collectors will be supported, via the Level 2/Level 3 support process. A notation of Windows only means that the collector or sample only runs only under Windows, not under Linux or UNIX.
- TotalStorage® Productivity Center
- Tivoli Storage Manager (Windows only)
- WebSphere® XD
- WebSphere XD HTTP
- Squid (Windows only, sample only)
- Veritas (Windows only, sample only)
- Windows System Resource Monitor (Windows only, sample only)
- Microsoft Reporting Services (Windows only, sample only)
- Evolve (Windows only, sample only)
- Citrix (Windows only, sample only)
- NetWare (Windows only, sample only)
- Oracle Space
- DB2 Usage
- DB2 Space
- Apache Web Server Usage
- FTP transfer usage (Windows only, sample only)
- Lotus Notes®
- SQL Server (Windows only)
- Sybase (Windows only, sample only)
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) (Windows only, sample only)
- Microsoft Proxy (Windows only, sample only)
- Netscape Proxy (Windows only, sample only)
- Exchange (Windows only)
- SendMail (Windows only, sample only)
- Windows Print (Windows only)
- NetBackup (Windows only, sample only)
- NetFlow (Windows only, sample only)
New in IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1 are:
- Fully globalized product
- Platform-independent reporting option
- New data collectors
- Improved integration with Tivoli Decision Support for z/OS for mainframe resource accounting
- Web-based administration tool
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition is capable as of October 2, 2007, when used in accordance with IBM's associated documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) can be requested via the following Web site
Back to top
Comprehensive education for IBM Tivoli® products is offered through Worldwide Tivoli Education Delivery Services. A wide range of training options are available, including classes led by instructors, learning on demand, on-site training, and blended learning solutions.
For additional information, visit
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
The following hardcopy publication will be shipped with the basic machine-readable material.
The publications can also be downloaded from the following Web site after the planned availability date.
Publication name Form number IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager GC23-6188 Enterprise Edition Quick Start Guide
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries, free of charge.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Platform Component Client (via Server Reporting browser) Collector AIX(R) V5.2 Yes No Yes Yes AIX V5.3 Yes BIRT only Yes Yes With support for AIX Advanced Acct Collection AIX V6.1 Yes BIRT only Yes Yes AIX Advanced Acct Collection Solaris 9-SPARC Yes No Yes Yes Solaris 10-SPARC Yes No Yes Yes Solaris 10-x64 No No Yes Yes HP-UX 10.20 No No Yes Yes HP-UX 11i Yes No Yes Yes HP-UX 11.23 Itanium No No No Yes Windows(TM) 2000 Pro No No No Yes Windows 2000 Server No No No Yes Windows 2000 Advanced No No No Yes Server Windows 2000 Data No No No Yes Center Server Windows XP Prof. x86 No No Yes No Windows XP Prof. x64 No No Yes No Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Standard x86 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Enterprise x86 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Datacenter x86 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Web Edition x64 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Standard x64 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Enterprise x64 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Datacenter x64 Windows Server 2003 Yes Yes Yes Yes Web Edition x64 Windows Vista No No Yes No i5/OS(TM) V5 No No No Yes z/OS(R) V1.1, V1.2, No No No Yes V1.3, V1.4 No No No Yes RHEL 3.0 for x86 No No No No RHEL 4.0 for x86 Yes No Yes Yes RHEL 5.0 for x86 Yes No Yes Yes RHEL 3.0 for AMD64 and No No No No EM64T RHEL 4.0 for AMD64 and Yes No Yes Yes EM64T RHEL 5.0 for AMD64 and Yes No Yes Yes EM64T RHEL 3.0 for System z(TM)No No No No (64 bit) RHEL 4.0 for System z Yes No Yes Yes (64 bit) RHEL 5.0 for System z Yes No Yes Yes (64 bit) RHEL 3.0 for System i(TM)No No No No RHEL 4.0 for System i No No Yes No RHEL 5.0 for System i No No Yes No RHEL 3.0 for PowerPC(R) No No No No RHEL 4.0 for PowerPC Yes No Yes Yes RHEL 5.0 for PowerPC Yes No Yes Yes SLES 9 for x86 Yes No Yes Yes SLES 10 for x86 Yes No Yes Yes SLES 9 for AMD64 and Yes No Yes Yes EM64T SLES 10 for AMD64 and Yes No Yes Yes EM64T SLES 9 for System z Yes No Yes Yes (64 bit) SLES 10 for System z Yes No Yes Yes (64 bit) SLES 9 for PowerPC Yes No Yes Yes SLES 10 for PowerPC Yes No Yes Yes VMware ESX Not this No No Yes release Microsoft Virtual Not this No No Not this release Server 2005 release SUSE Linux Enter- Not this No No Not this release prise Server 10 release with XEN Kernel (x86) Server 10 with XEN No No No No Kernel (AMD64 and EM64T) zVM No No No Yes
Database Component Server Client Collector DB2(R) V7.1 No NA Yes DB2 V7.2 No NA Yes DB2 V8.1 Yes NA Yes DB2 V8.2 Yes NA Yes DB2 V9.1 Yes NA Yes DB2 V7.1 System z No NA No DB2 V8.1 System z Yes NA No Informix(TM) 9.2 No NA No Informix 9.3 No NA No MS SQL Server 2000 Yes NA Yes MS SQL Server 2005 Yes NA Yes Oracle 8i No NA Yes Oracle 9i Yes NA Yes Oracle 9i V2 Yes NA Yes Oracle 10 Yes NA Yes Sybase 12 No NA No Sybase 12.5 No NA No
On the Application Server:
- Any processor at 500 MHz or faster; 2000 MHz or faster is recommended
- Minimum of 10 GB of hard disk; 50 GB recommended
- Minimum 512 MB physical memory; 1 GB recommended
- CD-ROM drive
Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and technical support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and technical support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition is distributed with:
- International Program License Agreement (Z125-3301)
- Publications (refer to the Publications section)
Security, auditability, and control
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition uses the security and auditability features of the operating system software. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
IBM Tivoli software products are priced using IBM Tivoli's Enhanced Value-Based Pricing. The Enhanced Value-Based Pricing system is based upon the IBM Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model, which uses a managed-environment approach whereby price is determined by what is managed rather than the number and type of product components installed.
For example, all servers monitored with IBM Tivoli's monitoring product (IBM Tivoli Monitoring) require entitlements sufficient for those servers. Other Tivoli products may manage clients, client devices, agents, network nodes, users, or other items, and are licensed and priced accordingly.
Unlike typical systems management licensing models that require entitlements of specific software components to specific systems, the IBM Tivoli Environment-Managed Licensing Model provides the customer flexibility to deploy its IBM Tivoli software products within its environment in a manner that can address and respond to the customer's evolving architecture. That is, as the architecture of a customer's environment changes, the customer's implementation of IBM Tivoli software can be altered, as needed, without affecting the customer's license requirements (as long as the customer does not exceed its entitlements to the software).
Under Enhanced Value-Based Pricing, licensing and pricing of server-oriented applications are determined based upon the server's use in the customer's environment. Typically, such applications are licensed and priced in a manner that corresponds to each installed and activated processor of the server managed by the IBM Tivoli application to help correlate price to value while offering a simple solution.
Where a server is physically partitioned, this approach is modified. This partitioning technique is the approach used with systems that have either multiple cards or multiple frames, each of which can be configured independently. For servers capable of physical partitioning (for example, IBM System p Scalable POWERparallel Systems® servers, Sun Ultra servers, and HP Superdome servers), an entitlement is required for each processor in the physical partition being managed by the Tivoli application. For example, assume that a server has 24 processors installed in aggregate. If this server is not partitioned, entitlements are required for all 24 processors. If, however, it is physically partitioned into three partitions, each containing eight processors, and Tivoli products were managing only one of the three partitions, then entitlements would be required for the eight processors on the physical partition managed by the IBM Tivoli application.
For servers with virtual or logical partitions, entitlements are required for all installed and activated processors on the server. For each IBM Tivoli application managing a clustered environment, licensing is based on the cumulative number of installed and activated processors on each server in the cluster. Where the cluster includes physically partitioned servers, the considerations described above concerning physically partitioned servers apply as well.
Enhanced Value-Based Pricing recognizes the convergence of RISC and UNIX®, and Microsoft Windows and Intel® technologies, in order to simplify your licensing requirements, and to provide a smoother, more scalable model. Pricing and licensing does not differentiate between non-System z server platforms or operating systems. For some products, this platform neutrality extends to System z and other host servers as well.
IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing terminology definitions
An engine is also referred to as a central processor (CP) or processor. Engines for traditional workloads are called General Purpose CPs. Engines for Linux workloads are called Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL) engines or Linux-only engines. Engines for Coupling Facility workloads are called Integrated Coupling Facility (ICF) engines.
Managed processor (charging under full capacity in the managed environment)
Charges are based on the active processors on the machines in the computing environment affiliated with the program rather than on the server where the program is run. The managed processors which require PoEs are defined in the License Information's program-unique terms.
- IBM defines a physical processor in a computer as a functional unit that interprets and executes instructions. A physical processor consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic and logic units.
- Multicore technology allows two or more processors (commonly called cores) to be active on a single silicon chip. With multicore technology, IBM considers each core to be a physical processor. For example, in a dual-core chip, there are two physical processors residing on the single silicon chip.
- The program may not run on some or all of the processors for which PoEs are required by the program's valuation method.
- In the System z IFL environment, each IFL engine is considered a single physical processor.
- Threading, a technique which makes a single processor seem to perform as two or more, does not affect the count of physical processors.
- Where blade technology is employed, each blade is considered a separate server and charging is based upon the total number of processors on the blades with which the program is affiliated.
- Not all processors require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To determine the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the processor Value Unit conversion table on the Passport Advantage Web Site
A server's resources (CPU, memory, I/O, interconnects, and buses) may be divided according to the needs of the applications running on the server. This partitioning can be implemented with physical boundaries (Physical Partitions) or logical boundaries (Logical Partitions).
Physical Partitions are defined by a collection of processors dedicated to a workload and can be used with systems that have either multiple cards or multiple frames, each of which can be configured independently. In this method, the partitions are divided along hardware boundaries and processors, and the I/O boards, memory, and interconnects are not shared.
Logical Partitions are defined by software rather than hardware and allocate a pool of processing resources to a collection of workloads. These partitions, while separated by software boundaries, share hardware components and run in one or more physical partitions.
A server is a computer system that executes requested procedures, commands, or applications to one or more user or client devices over a network. A PoE must be obtained for each server on which the program or a component of the program is run or for each server managed by the program. Where blade technology is employed, each blade is considered a separate server.
Standby or backup systems
For programs running or resident on backup machines, IBM defines three types of situations: cold, warm and hot. In cold and warm situations, a separate entitlement for the copy on the backup machine is normally not required and typically no additional charge applies. In a hot backup situation, the customer needs to acquire other license or entitlements sufficient for that server. All programs running in backup mode must be solely under the customer's control, even if running at another enterprise's location.
As a practice, the following are definitions and allowable actions concerning the copy of the program used for backup purposes.
Cold: A copy of the program may reside, for backup purposes, on a machine as long as the program is not started. There is no additional charge for this copy.
Warm: A copy of the program may reside for backup purposes on a machine and is started, but is idling, and is not doing any work of any kind. There is no additional charge for this copy.
Hot: A copy of the program may reside for backup purposes on a machine, is started, and is doing work. The customer must acquire a license or entitlements for this copy and there will generally be an additional charge.
Doing work includes, for example, production, development, program maintenance, and testing. It also could include other activities such as mirroring of transactions, updating of files, synchronization of programs, data or other resources (for example, active linking with another machine, program, database or other resource, and so on), or any activity or configurations that would allow an active hot switch or other synchronized switch over between programs, databases, or other resources to occur.
In the case of a program or system configuration that is designed to support a high availability environment by using various techniques (for example, duplexing, mirroring of files, or transactions, maintaining a heartbeat, active linking with another machine, program, database, or other resource), the program is considered to be doing work in the hot situation and a license or entitlement must be purchased.
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements, which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurements are processor cores and MSUs. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as servers, users, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for your specific implementation of the given program must be obtained from a conversion table associated with the program. You must obtain a PoE for the appropriate number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements of a given program cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program. Whenever the designated measurement is a processor core, not all processors require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To determine the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the processor value unit conversion table on the Passport Advantage Web site
Product and licensing Web sites
A complete list of IBM Tivoli products is available at
IBM Tivoli product licensing documents are available at
Through the Passport Advantage Agreement, you may receive discounted pricing based on their total volume of eligible products, across all IBM brands, acquired worldwide. The volume is measured by determining the total Passport Advantage points value of the applicable acquisitions. Passport Advantage points are only used for calculating the Entitled Passport Advantage discount.
To determine the required IBM Tivoli product configuration under Passport Advantage, the IBM Tivoli Enhanced Value-Based Pricing Model applies. The customer's environment is evaluated on a per-product basis.
Use the following two-step process to determine the total Passport Advantage points value:
- Analyze your environment to determine the number of charge units for a product. The quantity of each product's part numbers to be ordered is determine by that analysis.
- Order the Passport Advantage part numbers. A Passport Advantage point value, which is the same worldwide for a specific part number regardless of where the order is placed, is assigned to each IBM Tivoli product part number. The Passport Advantage point value for the applicable part number, multiplied by the quantity for that part number, will determine the Passport Advantage points for that IBM Tivoli product part number. The sum of these Passport Advantage points determines the Passport Advantage point value of the applicable IBM Tivoli product authorizations which then may be aggregated with the point value of other applicable Passport Advantage product acquisitions to determine the total Passport Advantage points value.
The discounted pricing available through Passport Advantage is expressed in the form of Suggested Volume Prices (SVPs), which vary depending on the SVP level. Each SVP level is assigned a minimum total Passport Advantage point value, which must be achieved, in order to qualify for that SVP level.
Media packs and documentation packs do not carry Passport Advantage points and are not eligible for SVP discounting.
For additional information on Passport Advantage, refer to the following
The following Passport Advantage part number categories may be orderable:
- License and Software Maintenance 12 Months This is the product authorization with maintenance to the first anniversary date.
- Annual Software Maintenance Renewal This is the maintenance renewal for one anniversary that applies when a customer renews their existing coverage period prior to the anniversary date at which it expires.
- Software Maintenance Reinstatement 12 months This is for customers who have allowed their Software Maintenance to expire, and later wish to reinstate their Software Maintenance.
- Media packs These are the physical media, such as CD-ROMs, that deliver the product's code.
- Documentation packs These contain printed documentation such as the User's Guide and Release Notes.
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition
License entitlement for IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition has a fixed and variable component.
Fixed: An administrator server license is required per environment being licensed.
Variable: Value Unit license entitlements are required for each processor core in the environment where data is being collected (Data Collection Entitlements). In addition, if advanced data collection is needed, then the Enterprise Data Collection Pack Value Unit license entitlements are required for each processor core where advanced data collection is being used.
If the customer's managed environment includes
- 20 Uniprocessor servers
- 25 2-way servers
- 12 4-way servers
- 5 4-way servers used for advanced data collection
the customer will require the following entitlements:
Fixed licenses required
Fixed admin server Systems managed entitlements required Entire environment 1 being licensed
Variable licenses required (data collection entitlements)
Processor core quantity in Processor core Systems managed customer environment entitlements required Uniprocessor 20 20 2-way 50 50 4-way 48 48 Total processor core entitlements 118
Variable licenses required (Enterprise Data Collector Pack)
Systems Managed (for advanced Processor core quantity in Processor core data collection) customer environment entitlements required 4-way 20 20 Total processor core entitlements 20
Back to top
Product group: Configurations and Operations Product Identifier Description 5724-033 Product category: Tivoli Previous C & O Offerings
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed below are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.1
Media pack description Part number IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition BJ0KJML IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise BJ0KMML Collector Pack
Orders for new licenses will be accepted now.
Shipment will begin on the planned availability date.
Ordering information for Passport Advantage
Passport Advantage allows you to have a common anniversary date for Software Maintenance renewals, which can simplify management and budgeting for eligible new versions and releases (and related technical support) for your covered products. The anniversary date, established at the start of your Passport Advantage Agreement, will remain unchanged while your Passport Advantage Agreement remains in effect. New software purchases will initially include twelve full months of maintenance coverage. Maintenance in the second year (the first year of renewal) can be prorated to be coterminous with your common anniversary date. Thereafter, all Software Maintenance will renew at the common anniversary date and include twelve full months of maintenance.
Refer to the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement and to the IBM Software Maintenance Handbook for specific terms relating to, and a more complete description of, technical support provided through Software Maintenance.
The quantity to be specified for the Passport Advantage part numbers in the following table is per managed server for four core processors, per server, or per administrative server. To order for Passport Advantage, specify the desired part number and quantity.
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Server
Part description Part number Lic and SW Maint 12 mo D61WULL SW Maint Annual Renewal E0482LL SW Maint Reinstate 12 mo D61WVLL
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Data Collection entitlements
Part description Part number Lic & SW Maint 12 Mo D61K2LL SW Maint Annual Renewal E042FLL SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo D61K3LL
IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Enterprise Collector Pack
Part description Part number Lic & SW Maint 12 Mo D61JYLL SW Maint Annual Renewal E042DLL SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo D61JZLL
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support.
License Information form number: L-NSTL-74NP2C
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Limited warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Guide for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO): No
IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
Software Maintenance applies: Yes. Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Guide at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available:
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
Information on charges is available at Web site
In the Electronic tools category, select the option for Purchase/upgrade
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: SE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top