IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 extends support for national languagesIBM United States Software Announcement 207-106
May 22, 2007
|At a glance|
WebSphere Business Services Fabric is an end-to-end platform for the rapid assembly, delivery, and management of industry-focused business solutions in an service-oriented architecture (SOA). It adds an industry-specific, semantically aware layer to the IBM SOA Foundation to enable dynamic business service personalization and delivery based on business context. Highlights include:
- Delivers an SOA platform for rapidly assembling, delivering, and managing service-oriented business solutions
- Builds upon and leverages IBM SOA Foundation products
- Enables policy-driven, dynamic business service adaptation and delivery
- Includes industry content packs with prebuilt industry SOA assets that speed time to market for new service-oriented business solutions
- Delivers end-to-end, life-cycle governance of business solutions
- Performs semantic mediation of business services across process, service, and data layers
- Manages business services subscriptions and entitlements
- Offers business services metering and utilization tracking
- Includes a repository for authoring and managing metadata around business services, subscribers, and policies
Back to top
WebSphere® Business Services Fabric for z/OS® is an end-to-end platform for next-generation, service-oriented business solutions. It allows clients, system integrators, and ISVs to assemble, deploy, manage, and govern business services the building blocks of service-oriented business solutions.
WebSphere Business Services Fabric includes optional industry content packs that contain prebuilt SOA assets that can accelerate development of industry-specific service-oriented business solutions.
Features and benefits
- End-to-end platform to assemble, deploy, manage, and govern business services
- Extension and enhancement for IBM SOA foundation products
- Standards-based business metadata repository to store and manage business services, policies, and business service entitlements
- Highly scalable dynamic assembler that enables business service adaptation and delivery based on content, context, and contract
- Eclipse- and Web-based tooling to enable collaborative assembly and management of business services
- Visual assembly environment for creating and managing industry-specific business service metadata models and policies
- Business services utilization, reuse, and metering tools that can interoperate with external monitoring systems
- Business services governance across product life cycle, including versioning and migration across environments
- Industry content packs that have prebuilt reference business services templates for supported industries
WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS delivers additional national language support (NLS):
NLS-enabled solutions are available in the following national languages: English, French, Italian,
German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional
This support is enabled through the IBM Business Services Tool Pack, available via Passport Advantage®.
- z/OS consoles support these same languages.
- z/OS system messages are available in both English and Japanese.
- NLS-enabled solutions are available in the following national languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Currency with other WebSphere products includes WebSphere Process Server V6.0.2 and WebSphere Integration Developer V6.0.2.
Back to top
Supported operating environment:
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
July 27, 2007
Back to top
WebSphere Business Services Fabric consists of IBM Business Services Foundation Pack, IBM Business Services Tool Pack, and industry content packs.
Business Services Foundation Pack
- Provides a highly scalable run-time policy definition and enforcement engine that can enable dynamic service assembly and service behavior adaptation based on content, context, and contract.
- Controls and automates entitlement of business services for subscribers, enabling creation, control, and management of service packages to subscribers across the ecosystem. Integrates with leading security and identity management products.
- Offers visibility and monitoring of service-oriented processes and applications. Includes multiperspective views and enables drill-down analysis of events and exceptions.
- Enables end-to-end governance of business services through design, run-time, deployment, and management.
- Stores and manages business services, policies, and business service entitlements.
Business Services Tool Pack: The tool pack must be separately ordered via Passport Advantage with WebSphere Business Services Fabric V6.0.2. For information, refer to 207-107 , dated May 22, 2007.
- Includes user tools to maintain, manage, and govern service metadata, subscribers, policies, and governance processes.
- Enables domain-experienced software architects to model, create, publish, and manage industry-specific service metadata models and business policies encompassing data, processes, resources, and domains.
- Enables a visual assembly environment for creating and managing industry-specific business service metadata models and policies.
Industry content packs: Reference business services templates in an industry-content pack consist of the following prebuilt SOA assets:
- Business services metadata that includes decompositions of business services and Web services plus the associated definitions of business policy assertions, business roles, and business channels, based on the industry business glossary
- Industry business glossary that presents a taxonomy of industry terms, including the relationship and properties as an ontology
- Industry-standards-based data types and Web service interfaces that can enable interoperability across disparate systems in the enterprise ecosystem.
- Industry-common services that can be reused across multiple service-oriented business solutions in your implementation
- Industry business object model (BOM) ontology used as a conceptual model for design and development of service-oriented business solutions
Available industry content packs:
- IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric focuses on the property and casualty systems for insurance enterprises.
- IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric focuses on the payor processes in healthcare enterprises.
Functions and benefits
Integrated environment to rapidly model, assemble, deploy, and manage service-oriented business
- Provides a robust environment to more accurately and express and execute business intent through technology.
- Offers a complete set of WebSphere-driven technologies to deliver dynamic function in a single product that includes connectivity infrastructure, process integration, and solution construction. You can work with a controlled, common model to orchestrate, mediate, connect, map, and execute the underlying IT functions across your IT landscape.
- Enables a collaborative environment to assemble instead of code business solutions to help reduce development efforts for building solutions.
- Improves visibility to business and IT assets to enable greater reuse and helps improve time-to-value when creating service-oriented business solutions.
- Includes a full set of role-based tools and consoles to reduce the need to purchase or build additional tools and instrumentation.
- Offers a compelling set of WebSphere tools for people, information, and application integration.
Ability to leverage rather than replace legacy, packaged, and custom applications:
- Acts as a controllable and structured front-end environment for fragile and rigid applications with dynamic, component-driven, and reusable assets and building blocks assembled into service-oriented business solutions
- Interoperates with both IBM and other vendors' products using open standards to wrap and consolidate a customer's heritage technology assets with dynamic and modern service-oriented business solutions
- Is supported by a growing business partner ecosystem of content, code, methodologies, and documentation that you can use to help expedite delivery of your service-oriented business solutions
Ability to define and leverage common industry semantics as the language for helping to simplify
interoperability between disparate systems:
- Enables a flexible, extensible, SOA-based environment that is business aware and is readily made industry relevant using reference content
- Provides a controlled environment that uses open standards to represent the relationships and associations to codify business intentions and enforce business designs
- Readily consumes line of business and industry standards models and associates them with existing and expected SOA components to create business- and industry-appropriate service-oriented business solutions
- Removes the need to repeatedly define, capture, and code industry and business meaning into each technology interface, artifact, and application
Life-cycle management and governance of business services:
- Includes prebuilt tools, consoles, and capabilities for managing artifacts and service-oriented business solutions
- Offers a manageable and controllable service-oriented business solution environment to help ensure asset reuse, alignment to business concepts, reduction of development churn, and capacity to control new development costs
- Maintains, retires, restores, and versions solution components and pathways
Personalized business service delivery and dynamic solution behavior:
- Enables the reuse of business services through dimensional, contextually aware business service assembly as a solution is executing
- Offers multiple personalized user experiences while still enforcing the high-level business process
- Introduces a first-of-a-kind approach for the creation, enforcement, and delivery of dynamic solution behavior through the application of business policies and intentions
- Adds flexibility into solutions without adding onerous development efforts by enabling multiple channels to leverage, reuse, and extend process pathways during execution
Ability to define and manage subscriber entitlements and portfolios:
- Delivers significantly improved solution deployment and enablement often without having to migrate any code or artifacts
- Can dramatically improve solution deployment options without requiring a continuous stream of code deployments and migrations of solution elements
- Offers a prebuilt scaffolding of function for the insertion of self-servicing and enrollment into business solutions, thereby enabling substantial business savings for solution operation and administration
Repository for service metadata, policy, and subscriber information:
- Enables a centralized storage mechanism for business relevant metadata that can be leveraged in creation of solutions and content while helping to reduce duplication of information across a customer environment
- Lets you create and use business policies that can apply to drive solution behavior and dynamic execution
- Enables you to apply consistently and collaboratively use business metadata from a single source to dynamically influence and enforce solution behavior
- Includes associated tooling so you can capture, define, arrange, and systematically store pertinent and reusable business information, context, and meaning around solution components
Prebuilt industry common services and industry SOA models
- Lets you jump-start development of service-oriented business solutions with prebuilt and preconfigured industry content
- Optimized to industry and technical best practices, thus ensuring consistency and reuse
- Helps ensure repeatability and alignment across global locations, product lines, and business processes
- Operates with reproducible patterns and specifications to help you and your developers and system integrators to customize and extend industry content with customer-specific interpretations and standards
- Helps enable you and your partners to plug in your SOA assets to predefined reference business services templates
Storage of business services, subscribers, and policies to enable assembly of service-oriented business solutions:
- Central repository for business service metadata, industry ontologies, policies, and subscribers
- OWL/RDF-based, metamodel allowing for capturing semantics and easy extensibility
- Ontology-driven semantic mediation and interoperability
- Ability to federate metadata from other repositories such as LDAP systems and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Conflict detection during collaborative development
- Powerful search, dependency, and impact analysis
- Sourcing and syndication of ISV and third-party IT assets into the catalog
- Role-based, context, and namespace level security that leverages existing access control systems
- Support for entire metadata life cycle, including comprehensive versioning, change tracking, and collaborative governance of service metadata
Metadata-driven assembly of business services and service-oriented business solutions:
- Enables publishing and managing service models, policies, and service portfolios
- Works with WebSphere Integration Developer and tools such as IBM Rational® Software Architect, providing architects, developers, and system integrators with a common metadata life-cycle management fabric for connecting services, exchanging metadata, and aligning context across different applications and domains
- Achieves rapid and security enhanced assembly of disparate IT assets into business services
- Supports both top-down business domain decomposition and bottom-up analysis of underlying IT systems
- Creates and enforces design-time, run-time, and change-time policies
- Composes unique multichannel services that power multiple access modes such as Web, business-to-business, IVR, and fax
- Delivers model and manage meta-information about business services including WSDL-, WS-Policy-, and BPEL-defined declarations, and actual behavior of services
- Models policies as a basis for dynamic discovery, matching, and binding of services based on content, context, and contract
- Simulates service behavior based on different usage scenarios
- Manages run-time meta-information for matching business service requesters and service providers using policies
- Applies policies at various levels; for example, business ecosystem, application, business service, or service end point
- Assemblies policies in a unified, flexible, and extensible grammar to express the capabilities, requirements, and characteristics of entities within an SOA
Dynamic business service personalization and delivery:
- Highly optimized semantic mediation engine that enables metadata-driven service discovery, matching, and interoperability during both design and run time
- Business service policies to replace hard-coded service bindings in enterprise service bus, Business Process Execution Language (BPEL), and B2B connections with dynamic end-point selection based on content, context, and contract of the service request
- Dynamic service behavior adaptation that is based on business context, content, and contract
- Policy-based customization across multiple domains, business processes, and service end points
- Policy enforcement that is based on performance, reliability, interoperability, security, and manageability of business services
- Dynamic business service and process customization without affecting larger subscriber base
- Helps eliminate and reduce hard-coded binding changes with policy-based process customization
- Helps reduce integration complexity through ontology-based classification and data transformation rules
- Multiprotocol support for HTTP and JMS that can be extended to other protocols
- Multimessage support for ACORD, ASC X12 EDI, and HL7
- Out-of-the-box support for SOAP, Java Messaging Service (JMS) topics, remote method invocation, and MQ
Business service portfolio management:
- Controls and automates multi-entity and multidomain entitlement of business services for service consumers
- Enables application administrators to create, control, and manage on demand service packages to subscribers across the business ecosystem
- Designed for integration with identity management and LDAP systems, and supports both self-service and assisted enrollment and cancellation of business service portfolios
- Manages business service portfolios for subscribers
- Federates subscriber information from LDAP systems for user data
- Enables policy-driven relationships between subscribers and real world artifacts such as existing applications, service declarations, and domain models
- Collects and stores subscriber information and associate subscribers with their chosen services
- Creates and manages hierarchical roles, business users, and domains and assigns services to them
- Reliably creates and publishes portfolios of available business services with standardized service packages and service performance levels
- Registers subscribers and manages subscriber profiles for business services
- Enables both self-service and assisted enrollment models for management of personalized business service portfolios
- Represents complex organizational hierarchies and captures metadata related to subscribers and roles
- Validates changes made to subscribers, roles, and organizational hierarchies
Real-time business service visibility and control:
- Business visibility and monitoring of business services for business analysts and IT administrators
- Multiperspective views and drill-down analysis of events and exceptions with respect to business context in a loosely coupled, service-oriented business ecosystem
- Subscriber- and role-based drill-down performance visibility against business goals and Business Service Level Agreements (BSLAs)
- Real-time business service support for billing and metering of service-oriented business solutions at business service level
- Console for performance monitoring of business services customizable by business need
- Domain, subscriber, and service-based performance and BSLA reporting
- Centralized business services content monitoring and alert notification
- Context-specific error handling across multiple messages and protocols
- Configurable audit trails on business service invocations for security, SLA, and compliance monitoring
Comprehensive business service governance:
- Govern and manage the set of components, business policies, and business processes that drive reuse of business services; define and enforce business policies, control proliferation of business and functional services; provide visibility of service-oriented business solutions; and manage the life cycle of business services
- Leverage components of WebSphere Business Services Fabric to govern life-cycle changes, particularly for design-time promotion of business services to run time and for recording business service performance and changes
- Govern all aspects of business services: performance, reliability, interoperability, security, and management
- Manage life-cycle changes to business services
- Control business metadata promotion between environments
- Validate extended metamodels to ensure accuracy and correctness before publishing into run time
- Ensures metadata integrity while modeling business services in a multi-authoring environment
- Define policies for metadata visibility in collaborative development environments
- Notify users of changes
- Change management process for business service versioning, validation, and performance management
- Include open APIs for integration with change management systems, such as IBM Rational ClearCase®
Industry content packs to help speed time to market for industry service-oriented business solutions:
- Industry packs, designed for specific industry participants, can facilitate more rapid service-oriented business solution assembly.
- Optimized to product best practices, helping to ensure consistency and reuse across global locations, product lines, and processes.
Industry content packs for property and casualty insurers and healthcare insurers:
- IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- Industry business glossary to simplify interoperability by defining the common language to facilitate interoperability between disparate IT assets. These prepackaged, industry-specific vocabularies are expressed as an extensible ontology; for example, ACORD, subset of IAA Industry Model, ASC X12 EDI, and HL7.
- Industry message sets to meet regulatory compliance and simplify interoperability by standardizing the messages and transactions between IT assets.
- Industry-common services help speed time to market with prebuilt, frequently reused horizontal infrastructure services. Includes interfaces to popular industry-specific third-party and business process outsourcing services.
- Prebuilt business policy assertions help speed time to market, ensure consistency, and maintain standards compliance during the definition and development of business service policies.
- Industry packs are extensible for use within an enterprise, or to enhance security for publishing to a broader partner ecosystem.
- Industry packs enable clients and partners to plug in their SOA assets to predefined reference business services templates.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
You can request a U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) at
Value Unit-based pricing
Value Unit pricing for eligible IBM eServer® System z IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) programs enables a lower cost of incremental growth and enterprise aggregation. Each System z IPLA product with Value Unit pricing, has a single price per Value Unit and a conversion matrix, called Value Unit Exhibit, for converting from some designated measurement to Value Units. Most commonly, Millions of Service Units (MSUs) is the measurement designated by IBM to be converted to Value Units. Some other measurements are engines or messages. Since MSUs are the most common measurement, that measurement will be used for the remainder of this description.
Value Unit pricing offers price benefits for you. For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Each of the various Value Unit Exhibits stipulates that the larger your required license capacity, the fewer Value Units per MSU you will need. Value Unit Exhibits are uniquely identified by a three-digit code and referred to using the nomenclature VUExxx, where xxx is the three-digit code.
Subsequent acquisitions of Value Unit priced programs offer additional price benefits. The quantity of each System z IPLA program that you have acquired is referred to as entitled license capacity. If you want to increase your entitled license capacity for a System z IPLA program, the calculation to determine additional needed Value Units is based upon the number of Value Units already acquired.
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, you should:
- Determine the required license capacity, in MSUs
- Aggregate the MSUs across the enterprise
- Convert the total MSUs to Value Units, using the applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- Multiply the price per Value Unit by the total number of Value Units to determine the total cost
To simplify conversion from the designated measurement to Value Units or vice-versa, use the Value Unit Converter Tool. For additional information or to obtain a copy of the Value Unit Converter Tool, visit the Value Unit Converter Tool Web site
Note that Value Units of a given product cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Units of another product.
|Statement of direction|
In the coming months, IBM intends to update the Insurance P&C Pack and the Healthcare Payor Pack. In addition, IBM intends to introduce new industry content packs for the banking industry supporting payment standards and the telecommunications industry supporting operations standards. This expanded industry coverage affirms IBM support and adds value for customers by continuing to introduce new, and upgrade existing, industry content packs for the WebSphere Business Services Fabric. These optional content packs can accelerate delivery of business solutions and help reduce implementation cost by providing industry-specific SOA assets in the form of prebuilt templates and metadata based on industry standards and prevalent industry practices.
All statements regarding IBM's plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal
Back to top
For information on WebSphere Process Server for z/OS, refer to 206-243 , dated October 10, 2006.
For information on WebSphere Integration Developer, refer to 206-244 , dated October 10, 2006.
For information on WebSphere Services Registry and Repository for z/OS V6.0, refer to 206-315 , dated December 5, 2006.
For information on WebSphere Services Registry and Repository for z/OS V6.0.2, refer to 207-078 , dated April 17, 2007.
For information on WebSphere Services Registry and Repository V6.0, refer to 206-230 , dated September 19, 2006.
For information on WebSphere Services Registry and Repository V6.0.2, refer to 207-075 , dated April 17, 2007.
For information on WebSphere Business Services Fabric V6.0.2, refer to 207-107 , dated May 22, 2007.
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Back to top
No hardcopy documentation is shipped with this product.
Softcopy documentation is shipped on the product CDs in the following formats:
- Business Services Foundation Pack Installation Guide (pdf)
- WebSphere® Business Services Fabric Developer's Guide (pdf)
- Tivoli® Composite Application Manager for SOA Integration Guide (pdf)
Tooling for WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS® is provided by the WebSphere Business Services Tool Pack for Microsoft Windows platforms, available via Passport Advantage®.
The following publications are provided with this tool pack:
- IBM Business Services Tool Pack Installation Guide (pdf)
- IBM Business Services Tool Pack User Guide (html)
Back to top
Any hardware that is explicitly compatible and fully capable of running the specified operating system, all the corresponding supporting software, and any associated applications unmodified. The responsibility to provide a statement of full compatibility between machines lies with the original equipment provider (if not IBM).
Server platform: z/OS V1.7
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Repository database: DB2 Universal Database® Enterprise Server Edition V8.1
Application server: WebSphere Process Server V6.0.2 (5655-N53) with Fix Pack 1 supporting WebSphere Application Server 188.8.131.52
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V6 (5724-N72), or WebSphere Service Registry and Repository for z/OS V6 (5655-R41)
- Business Services Tool Pack (ordered through the Passport Advantage system)
- WebSphere Integrator Developer V6.0.2
Customer responsibilities: Use of the industry content packs requires licenses to the following standards:
Insurance P&C Pack
- Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development (ACORD), includes P&C Messaging Model
- Insurance Application Architecture (IAA) Industry Models, includes subsets of Business Object Model and Interface Design Model (license required for full IAA/IFW models)
Healthcare Payor Pack
- Health Level Seven (HL7), includes the Reference Information Model (RIM)
- Accredited Standards Committee X12 (ASC X12 EDI) includes electronic data interchange (EDI) transaction sets specific to HIPAA
Packaging: WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS is shipped on three CD-ROMs
- IBM Business Services Foundation Pack for z/OS
- IBM Insurance P&C Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS
- IBM Healthcare Payor Pack for WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS
Note: Product documentation is shipped on product CDs.
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Business Services Fabric uses the security and auditability features of the host hardware and software.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of the IBM lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of the IBM Global Services team. Also, IBM extends its Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, they provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
Back to top
Program name PID number Charge metric WebSphere Business Services 5655-S30 Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 -- IBM Business Services Per Value Unit Foundation Pack -- IBM Healthcare Payor Pack Per Establishment -- IBM Insurance P&C Pack Per Establishment
A processor (commonly called a CPU or core) is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology each core is considered a processor. With full capacity licensing, a Proof of Entitlement (PoE) must be acquired for all activated processors available for use on the server.
The programs in this announcement all have Value Unit-Based pricing.
Value Program Unit number Program name Exhibit 5655-S30 WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 VUE007
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Your required license capacity is based on the following factors:
- The System z IPLA program you select
- The applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- The applicable terms
Sub-capacity pricing is not available.
Value Unit exhibit VUE007
MSUs MSUs minimum maximum Value Units/MSU Base 1 3 1 Tier A 4 45 0.45 Tier B 46 175 0.36 Tier C 176 315 0.27 Tier D 316 + 0.2
Value Units for mainframes without MSU ratings:
Hardware Value Units/machine MP3000 H30 6 MP3000 H50 8 MP3000 H70 12 ESL Models 2
The total number of Value Units is calculated according to the following example.
If your required license capacity is 1,500 MSUs for your selected System z IPLA product, the applicable Value Units would be:
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs * Value Units/MSU = Value Units Base 3 * 1.00 = 3.00 Tier A 42 * .45 = 18.90 Tier B 130 * .36 = 46.80 Tier C 140 * .27 = 37.80 Tier D 1,185 * .20 = 237.00 Total 1,500 343.50
When calculating the total number of Value Units, the sum is to be rounded up to the next integer.
The products in this announcement have one charge unit Value Units.
Translation from MSUs to Value Units example using VUE001 MSUs Value Units/MSU Base 1-3 5.25 Tier A 4-45 .83 Tier B 46-175 .35 Tier C 176-315 .26 Tier D 316+ .20
Note: For the actual translation from MSUs to Value Units for this product, refer to the table that follows.
Ordering example: The total number of Value Units is calculated according to the following example.
If the customer has installed 1,000 MSUs, the applicable Value Units would be:
Translation from MSUs to Value Units (VUE001) MSUs * Value Units/MSU = Value Units Base 3 * 5.25 = 15.75 Tier A 42 * .83 = 34.86 Tier B 130 * .35 = 45.50 Tier C 140 * .26 = 36.40 Tier D 685 * .20 = 137.00 Total 1,000 270
When calculating the total number of Value Units, the sum is to be rounded up to the next integer.
Value Units for non-MSU based S/390® processors using VUE001:
MP3000 models H30 = 21.00 Value Units per machine H50 = 22.00 Value Units per machine H70 = 26.00 Value Units per machine ESL Models = 9.00 Value Units per machine
OOCoD WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS
IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 is eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) with a Temporary Use Charge calculated based on MSUs-per day usage.
Program Name IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 Program PID 5655-S30 Entitlement License option/ Identifier Description Pricing metric S013R2D IBM Business Services Basic OTC, Per MSU-day TUC Foundation Pack
System z One-time-charge MSU Tiers Value Unit Pricing
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs Value Units/MSU Base 1-3 1 Tier A 4-45 0.45 Tier B 46-175 0.36 Tier C 176-315 0.27 Tier D 316+ 0.2
To order, specify the program product number and the appropriate license or charge option. Also, specify the desired distribution medium. To suppress shipment of media, select the license-only option in CFSW.
Program Name IBM WebSphere Business Services Fabric for z/OS V6.0.2 Program PID 5655-S30
The following information is a summary of all license options and pricing metrics offered for the above PID number.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description Pricing metric S013R2D IBM Business Services Per Value unit Foundation Pack S013R1H IBM Healthcare Payor Pack Per Establishment S013R2L IBM Insurance P&C Pack Per Establishment Orderable Distribution Supply ID: Description Language Medium S013RVL IBM Business Services English CD-ROM Foundation Pack S013RVM IBM Healthcare Payor Pack English CD-ROM S013RVN IBM Insurance P&C Pack English CD-ROM
Subscription and Support PID 5655-S31
The following information is a summary of all license options and pricing metrics offered for the above PID number.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description Pricing metric S013R30 IBM Business Services Basic ASC, Value Units SW S&S Foundation Pack Basic MSC, Value Units SW S&S (Europe only) Decline SW S&S (no charge) Per MSU SW S&S Registration S013R31 IBM Healthcare Payor Pack Basic ASC, Per Establish SW S&S Basic MSC, Per Establish SW S&S (Europe only) Decline SW S&S (no charge) S013R32 IBM Insurance P&C Pack Basic ASC, Per Establish SW S&S Basic MSC, Per Establish SW S&S (Europe only) Decline SW S&S (no charge) Orderable Distribution supply ID Description Language Medium S013R2W IBM Business Services English Paper Foundation Pack S013R2X IBM Healthcare Payor Pack English Paper S013R2Z IBM Insurance P&C Pack English Paper
Subscription and Support
To receive voice technical support via telephone during normal business hours, and future releases and versions at no additional charge, Subscription and Support must be ordered. The capacity of Subscription and Support (Value Units) must be the same as the capacity ordered for the product licenses.
To order, specify the Subscription and Support program number (PID) referenced in the preceding section and the appropriate license or charge option.
IBM is also providing Subscription and Support for these products via a separately purchased offering under the terms of the IBM International Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (IAASM). This offering:
- Includes and extends the support services provided in the base support to include technical support via telephone during normal business hours.
- Entitles you to future releases and versions, at no additional charge. Note that you are not entitled to new products.
When Subscription and Support is ordered, the charges will renew automatically annually unless cancelled by you.
Single version charging:
To elect single version charging, you must notify and identify to IBM the prior program and
replacement program, and the machine the programs are operating on.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
Agreement: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information (LI) document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Agreement for acquisition of Software Maintenance: The following agreement applies for maintenance and does not require customer signatures:
IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011)
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provides for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with the initial license acquisition of each Program acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
S/390 and System z IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel is an option if you want added services.
Limited warranty: Yes
Limited warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Guide for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program support: Enhanced support, called Subscription and Support, includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. You will be notified of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom You obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage applies: No
Usage restriction: Yes
Software Maintenance applies: No
For operating system software, the revised IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel offering will provide support for those operating systems and associated products that are not available with the newly announced Software Maintenance offering.
This will ensure total support coverage for your enterprise needs, including IBM and selected non-IBM products. For complete lists of products supported under both the current and revised SoftwareXcel offering, visit
For additional information on the revised IBM Operational Support Services, refer to 601-023 , dated July 10, 2001.
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: Yes
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: Yes
Educational allowance available
Yes. A 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
On/Off Capacity on Demand
To be eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand pricing, you must be enabled for temporary capacity on
the corresponding hardware, and the required contract, Attachment for Customer Initiated Upgrade and
IBM eServer® On/Off Capacity on Demand Software (Z125-6611) must be signed prior to use.
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to put you on the road to higher system availability. Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
For all local charges, contact your IBM representative.
Variable charges: The applicable processor-based one-time charge is based on the group of the designated machine on which the program is licensed for use. If the program is designated to a processor in a group for which no charge is listed, the charge of the next higher group listed applies. For movement to a machine in a higher group, an upgrade charge equal to the difference in the then-current charges between the two groups will apply. For movement to a machine in a lower group, there will be no adjustment or refund of charges paid.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top