IBM CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS V4.2 adds CICS Transaction Server V3.2 support and ABARS integrationIBM United States Software Announcement 207-052
March 27, 2007
|At a glance|
CICS VR recovers CICS and batch VSAM data from physical or logical corruption:
- Helps recover from errors quickly
- Reduces the need for offline processing to exceed its batch window
- Improves availability of your online CICS systems
New in CICS VR V4.2:
- Support for CICS TS V3.2
- Integration with external backup products, including IBM DFSMS ABARS
- Manual control of VSAM sphere reorganization
- Enhanced logging support
- Enhanced hardware backup support
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM CICS® VSAM Recovery for z/OS® (CICS VR) V4.2 delivers Day 1 toleration and exploitation support of CICS Transaction Server on z/OS (CICS TS) V3.2. This includes support for extended addressability Entry Sequenced Data Sets (ESDSs) used by CICS and batch, and integration with the Aggregate Backup and Recovery Support (ABARS) external backup utility.
New capabilities in CICS VR V4.2 include:
- Support for CICS TS V3.2 including support for extended addressability ESDSs used by CICS or by CICS VR batch logging and the ability to run in threadsafe mode
- Better control of the VSAM environment achieved through enhanced notification support enabling CICS VR to recover files backed up by the ABARS function of Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS), REPRO command of Access method services (IDCAMS), and other backup products
- Enhanced logging support including the ability to specify multiple UNDO logs, log stream retention, and log stream copy utility enhancements, plus 'log of logs' scan automation and a new Journal Print utility
- Other enhancements including hardware backup support, message and installation verification program (IVP) improvements, extended reorganization support, and a new Notify sample
Back to top
- z/OS V1.6, or later
- CICS TS V3.2 for extended ESDS support
Except for extended ESDS support, CICS VR can be used with any supported release of CICS TS
Back to top
April 27, 2007
Back to top
CICS VR V4.2
- Helps automate recovery of damaged or lost VSAM data sets, caused by catastrophic hardware failure, software failure, or human error
- Supports CICS, batch, or combined environments
- Enhances environments where availability and VSAM data integrity is vital
- Delivers an ISPF panel interface and automates the construction of recovery jobs
The CICS VR ISPF panel interface supports:
- VSAM sphere forward recovery process using DFSMShsm, DFSMSdss, ABARS, and IDCAMS backups
- Backup process to allow both sharp and fuzzy backups
- VSAM sphere reorganization process
CICS VR delivers a notification utility for backups other than DFSMShsm, DFSMSdss and ABARS, allowing control of the backup and allocation of target data set prior to restoration from a backup for recovery.
CICS VR delivers a set of utilities allowing disaster recovery at a remote site, including:
- Log stream copy
- Recovery Control Data Set (RCDS) export/import
- Disaster recovery report
New and enhanced function in CICS VR V4.2
Support for CICS TS V3.2
- Extended addressability ESDSs used by CICS.
- Extended addressability ESDSs that can be used in a 'combined environment', sharing CICS VSAM Record Level Sharing (VSAM RLS) files with batch applications. This support requires APAR OA19958 for Transactional VSAM Services (TVS).
- Enhanced CICS VR Backout failure detection to operate in a threadsafe mode to complement the File Control threadsafe support in CICS TS V3.2
Integration with external backup products, including IBM ABARS
- Allows improved control of the VSAM environment achieved through enhanced notification support enabling file recovery via the ABARS function within the z/OS DFSMShsm and DFSMSdss components, and IDCAMS REPRO.
Delivers a new NOTIFY utility for backup of a VSAM sphere created by IBM or non-IBM products. CICS
VR will then register information about the backup in the CICS VR RCDS. Thus backup information is
available for the CICS VR ISPF dialog.
Note: This utility should not be used for those backup products that already have implemented CICS VR notification service, DFSMSdss, DFSMShsm, and ABARS.
Manual control of VSAM Sphere reorganization
The new ISPF REORG Invocation allows you to manually reorganize VSAM spheres at any time. Previously, this function was integrated into the CICS VR Automated Recovery feature and is available only for datasets that had suffered a backout failure. ISPF REORG invocation can be used to generate and submit the reorganization job by means of the CICS VR ISPF Dialog interface. The reorganization job is used to increase the space allocated for the VSAM sphere, and/or to change the control interval sizes of any sphere component.
Enhanced logging support
- Multiple UNDO Logs The new multiple undo logs enhancement allows you to use any number of undo logs for their undo logging tasks, instead of single undo log. The selection of the particular undo log to use depends on user ID, job name prefix, and VSAM sphere name high-level qualifier, and allows users to segment use of function, for example to separate test logs from production.
Log stream retention
Using the CICS VR interface, you can set a retention period for MVS log streams and log of
logs streams. The retention period for blocks value applies to all registered log streams. CICS VR
4.2 users can specify individual retention criteria for log streams registered to CICS VR.
The Automatic individual "de-register" field on the CICS VR individual log stream de-register window shows whether individual retention period is specified for any log stream (ON) or no log streams registered to CICS VR that have individual deregistration criteria specified (OFF).
Log stream copy utility enhancements
- Enhanced granular specification of STARTIME and STOPTIME options.
- Specification of 'browse cursor' to control continuity of the log stream copying.
- New DELETE option lets you delete all blocks from the log stream up to the last copied block inclusively, which is useful when a customer wants to prevent log stream overloading. This provides an alternative to the existing CICS VR function of log stream auto-deregistration, and allows deletion of log stream data to proceed only upon successful copying of the log stream.
'Log of logs' scan automation
- The log of logs scan utility scans all the log of logs that are registered in the recovery control data set (RCDS), gathers information needed for recovery, and updates the RCDS with this information.
- The scan will run automatically when the panel interface is used to perform a forward recovery. CICS VR provides a capability to automatically run the log of logs scan at regularly scheduled times using the CICS VR server address space. It reduces overall overhead and cost of data sets recovery.
- Additionally, CICS VR provides a capability to manually run the log of logs scan at the most suitable times using the CICSVR server address space.
- New Journal Print utility Prints information about records logged by CICS VR on an MVS log. The CICS VR Journal Print Utility is invoked by submitting a batch job executing the utility program, DWWJUP.
Other enhancements including hardware backups support
- Hardware backup support Some hardware backup programs, (for example, FLASH COPY), do not use backup while open (BWO) protocol. To support these programs for VSAM data sets forward recovery, a new "No tie-ups" option is available.
- When CICS VR detects an error which can lead to termination of the CICS VR server address space CICS VR will produce the appropriate "E" messages instead of "I" messages with the same or changed message text to simplify problem determination and resolution. This improves CICS VR usability and serviceability.
- CICS VR ensures that all of the produced messages are written to the message data set and are available to browse when the "BROWSE MESSAGES" function of the panel interface is used, improving CICS VR usability and reliability.
- IVP improvements the installation verification process of CICS VR includes jobs to verify product installation. One of the jobs is used to allocate the VSAM datasets with original names. In previous versions of CICS VR, the user had to change the parameters of the jobs (VSAM sphere names, volume) throughout the whole job to conform to personal needs and naming conventions. Now it is possible to specify all of the parameters as a PARM statement for the steps, at the top of the job.
- New Notify sample The source code of a sample of the CICS VR file copy notification program DWWIFCNS in the DWW.SDWWSORC data set is provided.
- Migration Utility The migration utility allows RCDS migration from CICS VR V2.2, V2.3, V3.1, V3.2, V3.3, V4.1 and CICS VR 4.1 with PK28852 to CICS VR 4.2. This utility automatically identifies the migrated CICS VR version and transforms RCDS tables to RCDS V4.2 format.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
The following features support use by people with disabilities:
- Operation by keyboard alone
- Optional font enlargement and high-contrast display settings
- Screen readers and screen magnifiers tested for use by people with visual impairment
- Suitable for people with hearing impairment
Softcopy PDF and BookManager® documentation is shipped with the product. PDF documentation supports optional font enlargement, high-contrast display settings, and may be operated by the keyboard alone. Alternative text will be available for unsuitable diagrams and HTML versions of the CICS VR manuals will be available for download.
You can request a U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) with details on accessibility compliance at
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS V4.2 is capable as of April 27, 2007, when used in accordance with associated IBM documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it.
Value Unit-based pricing
Value Unit pricing for eligible IBM eServer® System z IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) programs enables a lower cost of incremental growth and enterprise aggregation. Each System z IPLA product with Value Unit pricing, has a single price per Value Unit and a conversion matrix, called Value Unit Exhibit, for converting from some designated measurement to Value Units. Most commonly, Millions of Service Units (MSUs) is the measurement designated by IBM to be converted to Value Units. Some other measurements are engines or messages. Since MSUs are the most common measurement, that measurement will be used for the remainder of this description.
Value Unit pricing offers price benefits for you. For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Each of the various Value Unit Exhibits stipulate that the larger your required license capacity, the fewer Value Units per MSU you will need. Value Unit Exhibits are uniquely identified by a three-digit code and referred to using the nomenclature VUExxx, where xxx is the three-digit code.
Subsequent acquisitions of Value Unit priced programs offer additional price benefits. The quantity of each System z IPLA program that you have acquired is referred to as entitled license capacity. If you wish to grow your entitled license capacity for a System z IPLA program, the calculation to determine additional needed Value Units is based upon the number of Value Units already acquired.
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, you should:
- Determine the required license capacity, in MSUs
- Aggregate the MSUs across the enterprise
- Convert the total MSUs to Value Units, using the applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- Multiply the price per Value Unit by the total number of Value Units to determine the total cost
To simplify conversion from the designated measurement to Value Units or vice-versa, use the Value Unit Converter Tool. For additional information or to obtain a copy of the Value Unit Converter Tool, visit the Value Unit Converter Tool Web site
Note that Value Units of a given product cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Units of another product.
All users of CICS TS with business-critical data stored on VSAM should use CICS VR. In the event of a hardware or software failure that results in loss of data, CICS VR can recover lost VSAM data to the state that existed before the damage was done. It can also recover VSAM data that was updated through batch applications, using the CICS VR VSAM batch logging feature.
With this new release, CICS VR becomes the most functional VSAM recovery tool in the market. IBM has demonstrated its commitment to supporting this area of the zSeries® environment with successive releases of CICS VR which have each added significant new function. At the same time, as well as being a highly functional offering, CICS VR is priced competitively.
CICS VR is complementary to ABARS, a function within the optional DFSMShsm and DFSMSdss components of z/OS. If you use ABARS, consider the benefits of CICS VR.
CICS VR, a member of the CICS Tools family, can help you maintain a high level of performance and availability of CICS, and help speed up the overall end-to-end development effort for new applications. For more details of the CICS Tools family, visit
For more details on IBM System z software, visit
Back to top
For information on CICS VR V4.1, refer to 205-263 , dated October 18, 2005.
For information on CICS TS V3.2, refer to 207-051 , dated March 27, 2007.
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Back to top
The following publications are provided for CICS® VR V4.2. Other than the Program Directory , they are offered only in displayable softcopy form, in PDF, HTML, and BookManager® format.
Order Title number CICS VR V4.2: Messages and Problem Determination SC34-6803 CICS VR V4.2: User's Guide SC34-6804 CICS VR V4.2: Implementation Guide and Reference SC34-6802 CICS VR V4.2: Program Directory GI10-2599
These publications are available free of charge to read or download from the IBM Publications Center Portal at
The Program Directory , in hardcopy, is the only publication shipped with the product.
In addition, the CICS VR books will be available in BookManager softcopy format with the following Collection Kits. These Collection Kits are updated and reissued at regular intervals; so they will not contain the new CICS VR V4.2 publications immediately at the time of initial product availability.
Order Title number IBM Transaction Processing and Data Collection SK2T-0730 z/OS(R) Software Products Collection SK3T-4270
Back to top
Specified operating environment
CICS VR V4.2 executes on any S/390® or z/Architecture processor that supports the required release of z/OS.
There is no change in 24-bit real or virtual storage from the previous release; CICS VR V4.2 requires a minimum of 4 MB of virtual storage below the 16 MB line.
- z/OS V1.6, or later is required.
- For extended ESDS support, CICS TS V3.2 is required.
- CICS VR 4.2 can be used with CICS TS V2.2, and above.
Compatibility: CICS VR migration utility allows Recovery Control Data Set (RCDS) migration from CICS VR V2.2, V2.3, V3.1, V3.2, V3.3, V4.1, and V4.1 with PK28852 applied to CICS VR V4.2 format.
CICS VR V4.2 can coexist with earlier releases of CICS VR. The RCDSs used by the lower release of CICS VR must be separate from the RCDSs used by CICS VR V4.2.
When migrating to CICS VR from another recovery product, you will be installing CICS VR and performing all required setup actions for the first time. CICS VR does not supply a utility that transfers recovery information stored by the previous recovery product into the CICS VR RCDS. However, by registering the log of logs to CICS VR and then periodically performing a log of logs scan, the CICS VR RCDS will automatically be populated with recovery information such as:
- Names of updated VSAM spheres
- Names of log streams that contain the log records
- Update activity dates and times
If DFSMShsm is used to create backups, then the backups are automatically displayed through the CICS VR panel interface, because CICS VR dynamically queries the DFSMShsm inventory. If DFSMSdss, ABARs, or another product is used to create logical backups, CICS VR can be notified about new backups created for your VSAM data sets. The backup information is stored in the RCDS. Therefore, you should be able to create recovery jobs for VSAM spheres after performing a log of logs scan without migrating recovery information stored from the previous recovery product.
Users group requirements
The following FITS customer requirements are satisfied by CICS VR V4.2:
- MR00073233 CICS VR automatic deregister recalls migrated files.
- MR0219063953 Add extended addressability mode support for ESDS.
- MR050506273 Provide general purpose batch utility to invoke DFSMS IGWABWO callable services.
- MR0621053217 Define multiple log streams per system.
- MR0902053417 CICS VR panels for non-VSAM backed up files.
- MR1005046519 CICSVR inventory backup notification support DFSMShsm ABARS ABACKUP.
- MR1117054236 Supply sample NOTIFY program.
- MR1201054221 Add IDCAMS automatic notification.
- MR1206053737 Remove hardcoded DSNs in IVP.
Packaging: CICS VR V4.2 is shipped on 3480 1/2-inch data cartridge 34K bpi uncompressed media for the basic object material. Also shipped with the product are:
- IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) in multilanguage booklet (Z125-3301)
- License Information for CICS VR V4.2, in multilanguage booklet (GC34-6688)
- Proof of Entitlement (PoE)
- Program Directory for CICS VR V4.2 (GI10-2599)
Security, auditability, and control
Program users may wish to employ the security and auditability features of Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) to control the use of CICS VR.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
Back to top
The ordering for CICS VR V4.2 is unchanged from V4.1. For ordering information refer to 205-263 , dated October 18, 2005.
Program name PID number Charge metric CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS V4.2 5655-P30 Per Value Unit CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS -- 5655-H93 Per Value Unit Subscription and Support
A processor (commonly called a CPU or core) is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology each core is considered a processor. With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for all activated processors available for use on the server.
The program in this announcement has Value Unit-Based pricing.
Program number Program Name Value Unit Exhibit 5655-P30 CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS V4.2 VUE007
For each zSeries® IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the 'required license capacity'. Your required license capacity is based upon the following factors:
- The zSeries IPLA program you select
- The applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- The applicable Terms
- Whether your current mainframes are full-capacity or sub-capacity
Ordering z/OS through the Internet
ShopzSeries provides an easy way to plan and order your z/OS ServerPac or CBPDO. It will analyze your current installation, determine the correct product migration, and present your new configuration based on z/OS. Additional products can also be added to your order (including determination of whether all product requisites are satisfied). ShopzSeries is available in the U.S. and several countries in Europe. In countries where ShopzSeries is not available yet, contact your IBM representative (or IBM Business Partner) to handle your order via the traditional IBM ordering process. For more details and availability, visit the ShopzSeries Web site at
Product deliverables are shipped only via Customized Offerings (for example, CBPDO, ServerPac, SystemPac®).
CBPDO and ServerPac are offered for electronic delivery, where ShopzSeries product ordering is available. For more details on electronic delivery, refer to the ShopzSeries help information at
Media type for this software product is chosen during the customized offerings ordering process. Based on your customer environment, it is recommended that the highest possible density tape media is selected. Currently offered media types are:
- CBPDOs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- ServerPacs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- SystemPacs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- 3592 is highest density media, which will ship the fewest number of media
Once a product becomes generally available, it will be included in the next ServerPac and SystemPac monthly update.
Production of software product orders will begin on the planned general availability date.
- CBPDO shipments will begin one week after general availability.
- ServerPac shipments will begin two weeks after inclusion in ServerPac.
- SystemPac shipments will begin four weeks after inclusion in SystemPac due to additional customization, and data input verification.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage® Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
Licensing: IPLA including the License Information (LI) document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance: The IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011) applies for maintenance and does not require customer signatures.
These programs are licensed under the IPLA and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provides for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
S/390 and System z IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel is an option if you want added services.
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Limited warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Guide for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program ("Warranty Period").
Program support: Enhanced support, called Subscription and Support, includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. You will be notified of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom You obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer: You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Volume orders (IVO): No
IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement:
Passport Advantage applies: No
Software Maintenance applies: No
For operating system software, the revised IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel offering will provide support for those operating systems and associated products that are not available with the newly announced Software Maintenance offering.
This will ensure total support coverage for your enterprise needs, including IBM and selected non-IBM products. For complete lists of products supported under both the current and revised SoftwareXcel offering, visit
For additional information on the revised IBM Operational Support Services, refer to 601-023 , dated July 10, 2001.
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: No
System i Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available:
Yes. A 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
Replaced programs: Program number Program name 5685-009 CICS VSAM Recovery/MVS V1 5695-010 CICS VSAM Recovery/MVS/ESA V2 Replacement program: Program number Program name 5655-P30 CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS V4
Note: CICS VR V3 (5655-H91) does not appear in this list because, unlike V1 or V2, it is a one-time-charge product.
Sub-capacity terms and conditions
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Your required license capacity is based upon the following factors:
- The System z IPLA program you select
- The applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- The applicable terms
- Whether your current mainframes are full capacity or sub-capacity
For more information on the Value Unit Exhibit for the System z IPLA program you selected, refer to the Ordering information section
Program number Program name Terms Parents 5655-P30 CICS VSAM Recovery Reference-based 5655-147 for z/OS V4.2 5697-E93 5655-M15
Full capacity mainframes: In cases where full capacity is applicable, the following terms apply.
Reference based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the license capacity of the applicable monthly license charge (MLC) program. This MLC program is called the parent program.
Sub-capacity mainframes: In cases where sub-capacity is applicable, the following terms apply.
Reference-based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the license capacity of the applicable monthly license charge (MLC) program. This MLC program is called the parent program.
For more information on sub-capacity System z IPLA terms and conditions, refer to 204-184 , dated August 10, 2004.
Additional information for products with reference-based terms: System z IPLA sub-capacity programs with reference-based terms adds value to the parent program across the environment, regardless of where in environment the System z IPLA program executes.
An environment is defined as either a single or standalone machine or a qualified Parallel Sysplex®. You may have one or more different environments across the enterprise. To determine the required license capacity for each System z IPLA program with referenced-based terms, each environment should be assessed separately.
When a System z IPLA sub-capacity program with reference-based terms is used in a qualified Parallel Sysplex environment, the required license capacity of the System z IPLA program must equal with the license capacity of the parent program across the Parallel Sysplex. Qualified Parallel Sysplex refers to one:
- That meets the criteria defined in 198-001 , dated January 13, 1998.
- Where MLC pricing is aggregated across the Sysplex.
Sub-capacity eligibility: To be eligible for sub-capacity charging on select System z IPLA programs, you must first implement and comply with all terms of either sub-capacity Workload License Charges (WLC) or sub-capacity Entry Workload License Charges (EWLC). To implement sub-capacity WLC or EWLC, a machine must be System z (or equivalent). On that machine:
- All instances of the OS/390® operating system must be migrated to the z/OS (or z/OS.e) operating systems
- Any licenses for the OS/390 operating system must be discontinued
- All instances of the z/OS operating (or z/OS.e) systems must be running in z/Architecture (64-bit) mode
For that machine, you must create and submit a Sub-Capacity Report to IBM each month. Sub-Capacity Reports must be generated using the Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool (SCRT). For additional information or to obtain a copy of SCRT, visit the System z Software Pricing Web site
You must comply with all of the terms of the WLC or EWLC offering, whichever is applicable:
- The complete terms and conditions of sub-capacity WLC are defined in the IBM Customer Agreement Attachment for System z Workload License Charges (Z125-6516).
- The complete terms and conditions for sub-capacity EWLC are defined in the IBM Customer Agreement Attachment for IBM eServer® System z 890 and 800 License Charges (Z125-6587).
Additionally, you must sign and comply with the terms and conditions specified in the amendment to the IPLA contract Amendment for IBM System z9 and eServer zSeries Programs Sub-Capacity Pricing (Z125-6929). Once the amendment is signed, the terms in the amendment replace any and all previous System z IPLA sub-capacity terms and conditions.
On/Off Capacity on Demand
To be eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand pricing, you must be enabled for temporary capacity on
the corresponding hardware, and the required contract, Attachment for Customer Initiated Upgrade and
IBM eServer On/Off Capacity on Demand Software (Z125-6611) must be signed prior to use.
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Dealer prices may vary, and prices may also vary by country. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local IBM representative.
Information on charges is available at
For charges information on CICS VSAM Recovery V4.2, refer to 205-263 , dated October 18, 2005.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the
United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to
qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a
customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type,
and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept. Teleweb Customer Support, 9th floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: LE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top