IBM WebSphere Portal Express V6.0: A portal, Web content management, document management, and collaboration solution for small and medium businessesIBM United States Software Announcement 207-017
January 30, 2007
|At a glance|
IBM WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 delivers new features, functions, and improved performance to allow small and medium businesses to share information, collaborate, make better decisions, and execute business transactions with greater speed and accuracy.
WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 provides portal, collaboration, document management, and content management capabilities making it easier to get the right information to the right user at the right time by:
- Providing employee, customers, and partners with access to Web sites on which the information and applications they need have been consolidated and organized for easy access and use
- Supplying content filled, pre-built Web sites, including content, to help accelerate deployment of portal sites
- Providing document management capability to enable individuals and teams to share and save documents in a secure environment
- Providing instant messaging capabilities to allow real-time communication between employees
- Including support for a wide variety of applications such as Lotus® Notes®, Microsoft Exchange, syndicated news, and specific industry applications
- Including development tools to help accelerate customization of applications to an organization's unique needs
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
IBM WebSphere® Portal Express helps small and medium businesses share information, collaborate, make better decisions, and execute business transactions with greater speed and accuracy.
IBM WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 provides improved usability, capabilities and extensibility, and aligns itself with IBM's strategic portal platform WebSphere Portal V6.0 to make it easier for small and medium businesses to bring information and applications to individuals and teams so that they can do their jobs better.
- Web content management capability to help reduce implementation time and costs by placing content creation and management firmly in the hands of content experts for "author once, publish everywhere" control. The result is that content on the portal is more accurate and can be updated more frequently.
- Prescriptively designed, out-of-the-box Internet site and intranet sites that can easily be tailored to an organization's specific needs.
- Document management tools that enable users to share, view, and organize all types of files easily within the portal community.
- New mail and calendar portlets that work with existing applications and are easy to set up and configure.
- Instant messaging and presence awareness capabilities that allow users to find and chat with colleagues without picking up the phone.
- Development tools and capabilities that allow customization of existing applications and the creation of new custom applications.
- Provides employees and customers with timely information and access to applications.
- Helps increase employee productivity by allowing staff to work together more effectively.
- Includes a pre-built set of building blocks that speeds up development time for developing custom business solutions by developers.
- Simplified installation and improved administration helps lower deployments costs.
- A solution based on industry standards that can grow as a company's needs grow.
- Easy to deploy and administer a diverse set of applications for different communities of users.
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- January 30, 2007: Electronic software delivery
- February 27, 2007: Media and documentation
Back to top
For small and medium businesses seeking to boost productivity, and to collaborate more effectively with employees, customers and partners, IBM WebSphere Portal Express provides secure access for teams to collaborate and share documents, build and maintain Web sites, and to access the business applications and content they need to accomplish their jobs.
IBM WebSphere Portal Express
- Provides employees and customers with timely information and access to applications, people, and processes via a single consistent user interface.
- Helps organizations share information, collaborate, make better decisions, and execute business transactions with greater speed and accuracy.
- Is a solution targeted at small and medium businesses that require a functional solution without the scale, complexity or expense of an enterprise solution.
- Provides an easy-to-deploy solution that includes portal, document management, Web content management, and collaboration capabilities in a single package.
- Provides all the key capabilities in a single package; small and medium businesses can make use of these industry leading capabilities without extensive planning and implementation costs.
- Includes a document management solution that provides a better way for users to share, view, and organize files of all types and, therefore, helps reduce e-mail.
- Provides easy access to existing mail and calendaring systems.
- Provides easy access to and integration with third-party systems.
- Lets you easily delegate responsibility to end users, reducing the load on the administrator.
- Lets you easily roll out applications and train users with consistent platform and interface.
- Easy to build, deploy, and maintain Web sites using out-of-the-box content.
- Includes development tools to help accelerate customization of applications to an organization's unique needs.
- Has document repository that can be viewed directly from Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office applications.
- Includes Web content management capabilities that allow non-technical users to quickly and easily add new content to intranet, Internet, and extranet sites in a controlled way.
- Includes out-of-the-box Internet site and intranet sites that can easily be tailored to an organization's specific needs to help reduce implementation time and costs of portal-based sites.
- Provides Web Content Management support in context editing, which allows a content author to click and edit content from a portal page.
- Has e-mail alerts when content moves along with authoring workflow for lists.
- Lets you easily build custom applications without application development skills or using separate tools.
- Includes Lotus Sametime®, with a restricted license for portal use, providing portal users with the ability to see who is online and to collaborate with them in real time.
- Includes Lotus Sametime browser client that allows users to communicate with other employees while not in the portal environment.
- Improved scalability and performance.
- Provides flexible delegation of administration responsibility with support of virtual portals.
- Includes new dynamic administration rules and new policy features that enable easy-to-control access to pages and content.
- Includes robust development tools and capabilities to help accelerate development and customization of applications for organization's unique needs.
- These capabilities are provided using Lotus Component Designer, an innovative, easy-to-use, standards-based development tool that allows application designers to easily create components for IBM WebSphere Portal Express.
- Is based on open standards and can be easily extended using complimentary products including WebSphere Portlet Factory, Workplace Forms, Workplace for Business Strategy Execution, and Workplace Dashboard Framework.
- Takes advantage of new Web technologies, such as Ajax, to create a more responsive and compelling user environment.
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express for Multiplatforms V188.8.131.52
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express for Multiplatforms V184.108.40.206 under current maintenance agreements will be entitled to upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0.
Existing customers under current maintenance agreements who purchased IBM WebSphere Portal Express for Multiplatforms V220.127.116.11 under the per user license option, will be entitled to support up to 2,000 authorized users per server.
Should existing WebSphere Portal Express for Multiplatforms V18.104.22.168 customers under current maintenance agreements upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0, all other license terms on WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 will apply.
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V22.214.171.124
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V126.96.36.199 under current maintenance agreements will be entitled to upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0.
Existing customers under current maintenance agreements who purchased IBM WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V188.8.131.52 under the per user license option, will be entitled to support up to 2,000 authorized users per server. Those customers will also be entitled to continue their use of QuickPlace®. For each 20 user pack of WebSphere Portal Express Plus that were previously purchased, those customers will receive entitlement to 20 user licenses of the current release of Lotus QuickPlace. Customers may not provide QuickPlace access to more than 2,000 users on one server. Existing customers under current maintenance agreements will also be entitled to use the included version of Lotus Sametime and may not provide Sametime access to more than 2,000 users on one server. Should existing WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V184.108.40.206 under current maintenance agreements upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0, all other license terms of WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 will apply.
Existing customers under current maintenance agreements who purchased IBM WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V220.127.116.11 under the Value Unit license option will be entitled to continue their use of Lotus QuickPlace. For each value unit license option of WebSphere Portal Express Plus, these customers will receive entitlement to one Lotus QuickPlace Extranet Value Unit license and five Lotus Quickplace user licenses of the current release of Lotus QuickPlace. Should existing WebSphere Portal Express Plus for Multiplatforms V18.104.22.168 under current maintenance agreements upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0, all other license terms of WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 will apply.
Additional information on the Value Unit licensing model is described at
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express for eServer® i5 520
Existing customers of IBM WebSphere Portal Express for eServer i5 520 under current maintenance agreements will be entitled to upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0. Existing customers under maintenance agreements who purchased IBM WebSphere Portal Express for eServer i5 520 under the processor license option will receive entitlements to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 Processor Value Unit license option at the ratio of 1 processor license = 100 value units. Should existing IBM WebSphere Portal Express for eServer i5 520 customers under current maintenance agreements upgrade to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0, all other license terms of WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 will apply.
Existing customers of IBM Workplace Services Express
With this announcement, IBM is providing new trade up part numbers that permit Workplace Services Express customers to trade up to WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 at no additional cost. The following qualifications must be satisfied for a customer to use these new trade up part numbers:
- The Workplace Services Express licenses must be fully licensed for production use and on active maintenance. For example, Workplace Services Express evaluation licenses do not qualify for use of the trade up part numbers.
- The licenses must have been acquired on or before January 30, 2007.
- All other IBM license terms for trade ups apply. For example, the customer agrees to terminate their use of the Workplace Services Express license when they install the replacement WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 licenses.
This new trade up option offers Workplace Services Express customers the opportunity to move to the latest WebSphere Portal technology, at no additional cost. Customers should note that WebSphere Portal Express is not a complete functional replacement for Workplace Services Express. Customers who are interested in trading up to WebSphere Portal Express should consult with their IBM representative or IBM Business Partner when determining if the capabilities of WebSphere Portal Express V6.0 will meet their unique needs, and also to verify that they meet the above mentioned qualifications for use of the trade up part numbers. Customers will need to contact their IBM representative or IBM Business Partner to request this trade up option.
Purchases of these trade up part numbers will be periodically examined by IBM to ensure that the above qualifications have been met.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
These products have the following accessibility characteristics:
- The application provides text equivalents for all images so that assistive technology can describe those images to blind users.
- Web page content is readable without the use of a pre-defined style sheet, allowing low vision users to enable their own style sheets that enhance their viewing preferences.
- Row and column headers are identified for blind users so the location and context of the table cell are clear and can be communicated by a screen reader. Complex tables are designed with additional attributes for blind users so the location and context of the table cell are clear and can be communicated by a screen reader.
- Meaningful text titles are used to describe the purpose of frames so blind users can easily navigate to the desired area.
- Web pages are designed so that repetitive navigation links can be skipped over, and blind users can navigate to the main content of the page more easily.
IPLA and Subscription and Support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product license entitlement.
Subscription and Support will be available in the country in which the agreement is made.
Back to top
|Statement of direction|
IBM continues to demonstrate their commitment to the growth of the WebSphere Portal product portfolio and to offerings targeted to the needs of the small and medium business. IBM currently intends to provide additional enhancements to WebSphere Portal Express, over time, to match customer needs.
All statements regarding IBM's plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal
Back to top
|Availability of national languages|
General availability Product description Language date WebSphere Portal Express Multilingual February 27, 2007 V6.0.0 (Portuguese, French, Danish, Catalan, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Thai, Korean, Chinese -- Simplified, Ukrainian, Spanish, Norwegian Bokmal, Portuguese- Brazilian, German, Swedish, Japanese, Chinese -- Traditional, Hungarian, Norwegian Nynorsk, English, Romanian, Slovenian, Greek, Turkish, Dutch, Czech, Slovakian, Italian, Finnish, Polish)
Back to top
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers are on the IBM training Web site
Call IBM training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules, and enrollments.
IBM Software Services for Lotus® Education provides education to support many Lotus offerings. For a complete list of offerings, visit the Web site at
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
WebSphere® Portal Express
- IBM-compatible x86-32 processor
- IBM System i processor
- IBM System p processor
WebSphere Portal Express
One of the following operating systems servers:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Service Pack 4
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Server R2 with Service Pack 1
- Windows 2003 Standard Server R2 with Service Pack 1
- i5/OS V5R3, V5R4
Linux on x86-32
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Advanced Server (AS) and RHEL Enterprise Server (ES)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 9 (2.6 Kernel) Service Pack 1
Note: Linux is supported only on an IBM-compatible PC.
One of the following operating systems clients:
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Mac OS X
- Linux Desktop Distributions
One of the following databases for the Microsoft Windows and Linux environments:
- IBM DB2 Universal Database® Express Edition, V9.1
- IBM DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition, V9.1
- IBM DB2 Universal Database Workgroup Server Edition, V9.1
- Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition Release 2 (must use patch level 22.214.171.124, or later)
- Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition Release
- Oracle 9i Standard Edition Release 2 (must use patch level 126.96.36.199, or later)
- Oracle 10g Standard Edition Release
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2000 Service Pack 4
- Microsoft SQL Standard Enterprise Edition 2000 Service Pack 4
One of the following databases for the iSeries environment:
- IBM DB2 Universal Database for iSeries V5R3, V5R4
IBM WebSphere Application Server support
- WebSphere Application Server V188.8.131.52 Base
- WebSphere Application Server V184.108.40.206 Base plus WebSphere Application Server ND V220.127.116.11
One of the following LDAP servers
- IBM Tivoli® Directory Server V5.1 (ships with i5/OS V5R3)
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server V5.2, V6.0
- Lotus Domino® Enterprise Server V6.5.4, V6.5.5, V7.0.1
- Sun Java System Directory Server 5.2 (previously known as Sun ONE Directory)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2000, 2003
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2003 Application Mode (ADAM)
- Novell eDirectory V8.7.3
HTTP Server versions
- Apache Server 2.0.49, 2.0.52
- IBM HTTP Server V18.104.22.168, V6.0, V6.0.1, V6.0.2
- IBM HTTP Server for iSeries (powered by Apache) V5R3 based on Apache 2.0.47 (IBM HTTP Server for i5/OS V5R3 and V5R4 HTTP Server for i5/OS is provided natively on System i5 and is not bundled with or installed by WebSphere Portal.)
- Microsoft IIS 6.0
- Sun Java System Web Server 6.0 Service Pack 9, 6.1 Service Pack 3 (previously known as Sun ONE Web Server Enterprise Edition 6.0 Service Pack 7, 6.1 Service Pack 1)
- Lotus Domino Enterprise Server (as Web server) V6.5.4, V6.5.5, V7.0.1
External security software
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM) V5.1
- Netegrity SiteMinder 5.5, 6.0
For updated software information, visit
Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Installation and technical support is provided by the Software Maintenance offering of the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement . This fee service enhances your productivity, with voice and electronic access into IBM support organizations.
- IBM WebSphere Portal Express V6.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V22.214.171.124
- IBM DB2® UDB Express Edition V9.1.0
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.0
- IBM Lotus Component Designer V6.0
- IBM Lotus Sametime® Connect V7.5
- IBM Lotus Domino Server V7.0.1
Security, auditability, and control
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
IBM Software Services for Lotus (ISSL) has extensive experience in helping organizations derive quantifiable business value from their WebSphere Portal software investment. ISSL can evaluate your environment and provide recommendations to help mitigate risks, speed deployment, and accelerate returns by:
- Assisting customers in moving from tangible proof points to full scale deployments
- Integrating products into a customer's existing environment
- Creating and customizing products based on specific customer needs
For more information, visit the following ISSL Web site
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
To locate an IBM Business Partner, visit
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensed function Product Product title group category IBM WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere WebSphere Portal Portal Program PID Charge unit name number description IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 Value Unit IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 Processor Day IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 20 Authorized Users
Charge metrics definitions
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as users, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a program depends on how the program is deployed in your environment and must be obtained from a Value Unit table. You must obtain a Proof of Entitlement (PoE) for the calculated number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements are specific to a program and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor core is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor core consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processor cores require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To calculate the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the Value Unit table on the following Web site
With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of Value Units based on all activated processor cores available for use on the server.
20 authorized users
Authorized user: An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside your enterprise. A PoE must be obtained for each individual user accessing the program in any manner. A program licensed under an authorized user PoE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a PoE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
A PoE is required for each 20 users accessing the program or any program component either directly or indirectly through any means on behalf of the users. An example of indirect access would be through a multiplexing program, device, or application server. The program can be accessed by multiple users provided that a user authorization has been obtained for each 20 users.
- Access to the program is restricted to users recorded in the registry.
- Users have a unique specific identity and IDs cannot be shared.
- When multiple, unique registries exist, the registries will be additive for charging purposes even if a specific ID exists in both registries.
- An ID can establish one or more connections and count as a single user.
Passport Advantage program licenses
WebSphere Portal Express
Part Part description number IBM WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express 20 Auth D59VMLL Users from OEM & Restricted LI Trade Up WebSphere Portal Express 20 D59VKLL Authorized Users License & SW Maintenance 12 Mo WebSphere Portal Express 20 E035HLL Authorized Users SW Maintenance Annual Renewal WebSphere Portal Express 20 D59VLLL Authorized Users SW Maintenance Reinstatement WebSphere Portal Express VU from D59VJLL OEM & Restricted LI Trade Up WebSphere Portal Express Value D59VHLL Unit License & SW Maintenance 12 Months WebSphere Portal Express Value E035GLL Unit SW Maintenance Annual Renewal WebSphere Portal Express Value D59VILL Unit SW Maintenance Reinstatement 12 Months
Passport Advantage supply
Program name/ Part description number WebSphere Portal Express V6.0.0 WebSphere Portal Express for Windows V6.0 BA0MEML WebSphere Portal Express for Linux x86Series V6.0 BA0MFML WebSphere Portal Express for i5/OS V5, BA0MGML OS/400(R) V5, V6.0
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
WebSphere Portal Express V6.0.0
Entitled maintenance Media packs Part offerings description description number WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MGML per 20 Authorized Users for i5/OS V5, OS/400 V5, V6.0 WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MEML per 20 Authorized Users for Windows, V6.0 WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MFML per 20 Authorized Users for Linux x86Series, V6.0 WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MFML per Value Unit for Linux x86Series, V6.0 WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MEML per Value Unit for Windows, V6.0 WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express BA0MGML per Value Unit for i5/OS V5, OS/400 V5, V6.0
On/Off Capacity on Demand
IBM WebSphere Portal Express
Part Part description number WebSphere Portal Express Processor D59X0LL Day Per Use-Day, On Off Capacity on dem
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement , IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement , and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance .
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information (LI) document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support.
License Information form number
Program Program Form name number number WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 L-JLWN-6TUH84
The program's LI will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty: Yes
Warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Guide for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, return it within 30 days from the invoice date, to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it, for a refund.
- For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement , this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
- For programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by the customer.
Copy and use on home/portable computer: Yes
International Passport Agreement
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
The following agreement applies for maintenance and does not require Customer signatures:
- IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011)
Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Guide at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement , visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
Volume orders (IVO): No
iSeries Software Maintenance applies: No
Educational allowance available
To be eligible for On/Off CoD pricing, customers must be enabled for temporary capacity on the
corresponding hardware, and the required contract Z125-6907,
Amendment for iSeries and pSeries® Temporary Capacity On Demand Software
must be signed prior to use.
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM Global Services has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to put you on the road to higher systems availability. IBM Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that provides you with an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available on the IBM eServer® platform. These services provide the opportunity for greater system availability due to faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. IBM Electronic Services is comprised of two separate but complementary elements: IBM Electronic Services news page and IBM Electronic Service Agent.
IBM Electronic Services news page provides you with a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used by customers to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The IBM Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your IBM eServer system. It is designed to proactively monitor events and transmit system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, customer-defined timetable. The IBM Electronic Service Agent tracks system inventory, hardware error logs, and performance information. If the server is under a current IBM maintenance service agreement or within the IBM warranty period, the Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to provide proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent will be made available to IBM service support representatives when they are helping answer your questions or diagnosing problems.
To learn how IBM Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the
United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to
qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a
customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type,
and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept. Teleweb Customer Support, 9th floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top