IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 features support for key Java and Web services standardsIBM United States Software Announcement 204-113
May 25, 2004
|At a glance|
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V5.1 is designed to help maximize your company's return on investment while leveraging existing software assets and helping to make your administrative resources more productive. Benefits can include:
- Support for Software Development Kit (SDK) 1.4 as the first step towards J2EE 1.4 compatibly
- Java2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) V1.3 compatibility and support for key Web services standards
- Integration with the z/OS operating system for robust failover and workload management capabilities, among other features
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
WebSphere® Application Server is a comprehensive, sophisticated, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and Web services technology-based application platform specifically designed to leverage the Qualities of Service (QoS) inherent in the z/OS® operating system. V5.1 includes maintenance release V5.0.2 support for the Software Development Kit for Java Technology Edition 1.4 (SDK 1.4) client container and improvements in Web services interoperability and security, and systems management.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed, as was V5.0, to be equivalent from a programming model perspective with WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for multiplatforms.
V5.1 is designed to deliver the following function:
- Support for SDK 1.4 as the first step toward J2EE 1.4 compliance which can help allow enterprises to use Java technology to develop more demanding business applications with less effort and in less time
- Third-generation support for the Web services standards utilized to help transform and integrate business designs and business processes while helping to ensure business continuity through better integration with key partners, suppliers, and customers
- Support for the June 2003 Board Approved Draft of the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 which can help give developers a head start on interoperating across heterogeneous environments and enterprise boundaries
- Extensive integration with the z/OS operating system to help leverage the high reliability, strong security, and overall robust QoS of the IBM zSeries® hardware and z/OS operating system
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
May 28, 2004
Back to top
As part of the foundation and tools of the WebSphere software pyramid, WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to deliver a J2EE 1.3-compatible Web services application server in a configuration designed to optimize and leverage the quality of service (QoS) inherent to the z/OS and IBM zSeries environment. The program is delivered as a single offering, along with SDK 1.4.
Cost-effective resource utilization
In the current highly competitive business environment, it is more important than ever to fully utilize your resources, from hardware to personnel. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to help improve your ability to leverage your assets. Features such as Access Intent, Optimistic Concurrency, and In-Memory Replication of Session State may help to lower costs, not to mention the resource capabilities inherent to the z/OS operating system that the product uses, including Dynamic LPAR, WLM exploitation, and Sysplex distribution.
Rich J2EE implementations
SDK 1.4 support can help enable you to use Java technology to develop more demanding business applications with less effort and in less time. New functions within the core SDK 1.4 platform can help save developers time by helping to reduce the need to write custom code. This can allow developers to use a single technology to develop, test, and deploy end-to-end enterprise applications and solutions. In addition to SDK 1.4, WebSphere Application Server for z/OS J2EE V1.3 support helps simplify enterprise applications by basing them on standardized, modular components. Comprehensive services are designed to handle many details of application behavior automatically, with little complex programming. J2EE V1.3 offers simplified business integration via J2EE connectors and Java Messaging Service. Included are J2EE implementations with robust enterprise Java implementations built in and a comprehensive range of Java-based APIs and protocols. These include:
- Compliance with Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 2.0 component technology, including enhanced container-managed persistence and message-driven beans support
- Support for SDK 1.4
- Improved Java security APIs
- An expanded programming model to include more loosely coupled integration through asynchronous messaging
- The ability to write and manipulate JSP in XML
Advanced failover technologies for high reliability
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS is designed to take advantage of the advanced failover technologies included in the z/OS operating system, including Workload Manager integration and DB2® data sharing.
Unleash powerful Web services
Create distributed applications developed with disparate tools and architectures over the Web. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to provide:
- Third-generation support for the Web services standards utilized for describing and deploying applications or services on a network in a consistent way so that they can be discovered and invoked in a more secure and reliable manner
- Supports the June 2003 Board Approved Draft of WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 which can give developers of Web services applications a head start on interoperating across heterogeneous environments and enterprise boundaries
Supports the following standards:
- Web Services Development Language 1.1
- Web Services for J2EE
- UDDI 1.0 and 2.0
- SOAP 1.1, and SOAP 1.1 with Attachments
- SAAJ 1.1
- Web Service Integration Framework
- JAXRPC 1.1
- XML Signature and XML Encryption
- SOAP over JMS
- Delivers a registry that can allow storage of business units to describe basic services
- Helps users find information about Web services, acting as a directory of services
- Enables developers to publish and test their internal e-business applications in a security-enhanced private environment
Web services gateway can help reduce development costs by making selected services available to different divisions within an enterprise, either outside the firewall or using different protocols. With the Web Services Gateway, developers and IT managers can "externalize" a Web service so that it can be invoked by users from outside the firewall with the benefit of robust security protection.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can enable high availability of critical enterprise Java applications through the use of inherent z/OS technologies.
Outstanding security is provided through a sophisticated infrastructure and extensive support of open, standards-based Java specifications. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to support:
- Java Authentication and Authorization Services (JAAS) to authenticate new principals and manage privilege information for a principal
- Java 2 Security Model to help secure system resources
- Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) to help secure communication channels based on transport level security (TLS/SSL)
- Java Cryptographic Extension (JCE)
- Java Cryptographic Architecture (JCA) for Java cryptographic extensibility such as for PKI integration
- Common Secure Interoperability V2 (CSIv2) for interoperability between application servers
Together, these can enable you to implement standards-based security capabilities within your enterprise applications. Additionally, sophisticated enterprise topologies and infrastructure can be implemented by leveraging WebSphere pluggable security architecture. This can include:
- Pluggable user registries that exploit LDAP or custom registries
- Web single sign-on provided by WebSphere or through integration with front-end authentication end-points through Trust Association Interceptor (TAI) technology (Reverse Proxy Security Servers)
- End-to-end access to enterprise information systems using rich security features and exploiting the pluggable principal and credential mapping facility
Additionally, WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to improve integration with Tivoli® Access Manager software and offers centralized, site-wide authentication and access control with open security programming interfaces (SPIs) for customers who want to write to these interfaces to support a third-party security solution.
Improved performance analysis and application tuning
New enhancements can aid in significantly boosting performance developments within the SDK 1.4 JVM layer, including features such as Concurrent Mark, Sweep Collector, and Parallel Garbage Collector. These take advantage of processing power to help increase application performance.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to deliver top-notch performance, providing higher user throughput and scalability, which can include the following capabilities:
- Improved instrumentation that can help you better understand performance bottlenecks and more accurately tunes applications
- Performance data from Request Metrics (RM) and Performance Monitoring Interface (PMI) to provide better monitoring capabilities
- Tivoli Performance Viewer (formerly Resource Analyzer) to allow you to view performance data, optimize the application server, and tune your applications and operational environment
- Sophisticated load balancing and clustering capabilities using z/OS WLM
- Content-based routing for more effective session management
- Enhanced edge-based caching capabilities to help improve response time via such features as dynamic caching of JSP/servlet requests and end-to-end SSL support to offload back-end servers
Integrated tools support
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is optimized to work with the separately available WebSphere Studio Application Developer, an integrated Java development environment, based on the Open Eclipse framework, that implements Java and Web services applications. Server administration tools include Debugger, Online Trace, and Log Analyzer.
Easy-to-install and use package J2EE applications
Now in V5.1 and the V5.0.2 maintenance release of WebSphere, the Assembly Toolkit (ATK), is available in the WebSphere Application Server.
- Based on the Eclipse Framework (refer to http://www.eclipse.org ), so it can work as a natural part of the WebSphere Studio environment
- Provides much-improved function, better usability, and a more consistent user interface with the Eclipse toolset
- Includes an interface that can assist users in updating XML for packaging procedures and assists in other value-added tasks not directly related to packaging but which can help in their deployment
Enjoy additional usability enhancements and improvements designed to
- Improve administration of WebSphere applications through a browser-based administrative user interface and XML configuration plus additional automation of distributed system management
- Install and administer capabilities via the exposed JMX interface and extended command line interface
- Enable partners to achieve a far more seamless integration of WebSphere Application Server with their applications
Feature and interface improvement replacements
In keeping with the IBM commitment to open and industry standards, the Common Connection Framework (CCF) will be replaced with Java Connector Architecture (JCA) in WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1. CCF functions will be supported under servlets in this release for migration purposes. IBM suggests that customers put migration plans in place to remove application dependencies, and build all new applications on the new, replacement interfaces. IBM will continue to support these replaced interfaces until end of service of this WebSphere release; thereafter, support is planned to be withdrawn. IBM suggests that customers put plans in place to complete migration of their CCF applications to JCA within the next three years.
This program includes software based on technology developed by the Apache Software Foundation. For more information, visit
The program is delivered as a single offering, along with SDK 1.4, and a set of CDs intended for deployment on distributed (non-z/OS) systems (Application Server ToolKit; Application Server Client).
Accessibility by people with disabilities
The following features support use by people with disabilities:
- Operation by keyboard alone
- Optional font enlargement and high-contrast display settings
- Screen readers and screen magnifiers tested for use by people with visual impairment
Back to top
The latest release of WebSphere Application Server is designed to exploit the advanced capabilities of the zSeries family of products. It allows for deployment of J2EE-based applications to the mainframe and is designed to provide application programming model consistency with WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is designed to combine the best of two worlds:
- Integrated, open and industry-standards-based J2EE environment
- Reliability and availability of the zSeries and S/390® products
Integration with zSeries
Certain models of the zSeries z990 enterprise server support a new type of processor called the zSeries Application Assist Processor (zAAP), which can be configured with general purpose processors within ESA mode logical partitions.
The new zAAP, planned to be available on the zSeries 990 (z990) and zSeries 890 (z890) servers, is an attractively priced specialized processing unit that provides an economical Java execution environment for customers who desire the traditional QoS and the integration advantages of the zSeries platform. For more information, refer to Software Announcement 104-117 , dated April 7, 2004, and Software Announcement 104-118 , dated April 7, 2004.
When configured with general purpose processors within logical partitions running z/OS, zAAPs may help increase general purpose processor productivity and may contribute to lowering the overall cost of computing for z/OS Java technology-based applications. zAAPs are designed to operate asynchronously with the general purpose processors to execute Java programming under control of the IBM Java Virtual Machine (JVM). This can help reduce the demands and capacity requirements on general purpose processors which may then be available for reallocation to other zSeries workloads.
The IBM JVM processing cycles can be executed on the configured zAAPs with no anticipated modifications to the Java applications. Execution of the JVM processing cycles on a zAAP is a function of the SDK 1.4.1 for zSeries, z/OS 1.6, and the Processor Resource/Systems Manager (PR/SM).
The amount of general purpose processor savings will vary based on the amount of Java application code executed by zAAPs. This is dependent upon the amount of Java cycles used by the relevant applications and on the zAAP execution mode selected by the customer.
Execution of the Java applications on zAAPs, within the same z/OS SMP LPAR as their associated database subsystems, can also help simplify the server infrastructures and improve operational efficiencies. For example, use of zAAPs could reduce the number of TCP/IP programming stacks, firewalls, and physical interconnections (and their associated processing) that might otherwise be required when the application servers and their database servers are deployed on separate physical server platforms.
IBM does not impose software charges on zAAP capacity. Additional IBM software charges will apply when additional general purpose CP capacity is used.
Customers are encouraged to contact their specific ISVs/USVs directly to determine if their charges
will be affected.
Back to top
For information on the Web
- WebSphere Application Server Family, visit
- For specific information on the WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, visit
- The WebSphere Application Server zone of Developer Domain has valuable V5.1 information. Visit
- The Washington Systems Center Techdocs site has valuable information. Visit
z/OS and OS/390® Internet libraries, visit
- z/Series and S/390 e-business Internet For a wide range of information including the latest announcements, customer success stories, and technical information, visit
WebSphere® Architecture and Design Workshop for z/OS®: This is a five-day workshop where IBM consultants will work with customer's architects and subject-matter experts to develop a conceptual solution to an e-business requirement based on WebSphere architecture. For more information, visit
IBM Implementation Services: WebSphere Application Server for zSeries® z/OS (previously known as IBM Installation Services for WebSphere Application Server for zSeries) provides a services specialist at customer site to assist with planning, installation, and implementation services for WebSphere Application Server software on the zSeries and S/390® platforms.
This service helps customers use rich security features to build, manage, and deploy a powerful and available WebSphere e-business environment on a zSeries server. A services specialist will work with technical and programming staff to help increase productivity and accelerate implementation of WebSphere solutions in an e-business environment. For more information, visit
Performance and Testing Services: Helps to optimize the performance and availability of a customer's IT infrastructure. For more information, visit
WebSphere Proof of Concept for z/OS: The objective of this offering is to rapidly build and demonstrate a limited working prototype of an e-business solution based on a real customer e-business problem. For more information, visit
For information on the following offerings visit
WebSphere z/OS V5.1 Application Migration: This offering's objective is to migrate applications from previous versions of WebSphere Application Server for z/OS to V5.1, or from WebSphere Application Server distributed to WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1.
WebSphere for z/Series High Availability Design Workshop: This offering creates a detailed plan to help optimize availability for your 7 x 24 Web serving environment. Consultants explore workload balancing, backup and recovery, and design an environment to maximize your capabilities. A detailed workbook is created for implementing recommendations.
WebSphere for z/Series High Availability Health Check: This workshop offers a chance to have your design and implementation reviewed by experts who make recommendations to help improve the availability of your network and Web applications.
WebSphere for z/Series Infrastructure Security Design Workshop: This offering creates a detailed plan for your operating system, network, and application for end to end security. The consultants explore all options, share best practices, and create a detailed workbook to implement recommendations.
WebSphere for z/Series Infrastructure Security Health Check: The Security Health Check helps assess if your z/OS network has the best currently available security measures in place and makes recommendations for improvements where necessary.
WebSphere for z/Series Professionals:
This training capitalizes on your investment in z/OS development,
programming, or operations by introducing you to the WebSphere product.
Back to top
Call IBM Education and Training IT Education Services at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules, and enrollments. Descriptions of IT Education Services courses, with links to Global Campus for enrollment, can be found on the IBM IT Education Services Web site. Visit
Back to top
Product information is available through the Offering Information Web site at
Back to top
The publication WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 Program Directory (GI11-2825) is available with your order and on the Web
The publication WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 License Information (GA22-7908) is available with your order and on the Web
The publication WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 International License Agreement for Evaluation of Programs (GA22-7988) is available with your order.
The following publications are available on the Web
Order Title number WebSphere Application Server GA22-7957 for z/OS, V5.1 Getting Started WebSphere Application Server GA22-7958 for z/OS, V5.1 Servers and Environment WebSphere Application Server SA22-7959 for z/OS, V5.1 Applications WebSphere Application Server SA22-7960 for z/OS, V5.1 Resources WebSphere Application Server SA22-7961 for z/OS, V5.1 Security WebSphere Application Server GA22-7962 for z/OS, V5.1 System Administration WebSphere Application Server SA22-7963 for z/OS, V5.1 Performance Tuning and Monitoring WebSphere Application Server GA22-7964 for z/OS, V5.1 Problem Determination WebSphere Application Server GA22-7915 for z/OS, V5.1 Messages and Codes
The primary delivery for product documentation for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can be found in the Information Center available from the Library Web page
Customization help (WebSphere for z/OS Customization Dialogs) is provided within the tool delivered with WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1
Related WebSphere publications: Related WebSphere Application Server family documentation can be found on the Web
Back to top
For WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1:
- Any hardware that supports z/OS 1.2 or z/OSe 1.3, or higher
- Binary floating point hardware, such as S/390 Parallel Enterprise Server Generation 5, and higher, systems, is highly recommended
- z/OS (5694-A01) 1.2, or later, z/OS.e (5655-G52) 1.3, or later, operating systems
The following z/OS elements, features, and components must be installed, enabled, and configured:
- Communications Server (TCP/IP) or equivalent
- z/OS UNIX® System Services and the hierarchical file system (HFS)
- Security Server (RACF®) or equivalent security management product
- System logger
- System SSL security required when using SSL
- Workload management in goal mode
- Resource recovery services
The following z/OS elements, features, and components are optional:
- IBM HTTP Server for OS/390®, or equivalent
- Security Server Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Server
- If your application environment uses a DB2® database, then DB2 Universal Database® Server for OS/390 and z/OS, V7 (5675-DB2), or later, is required (may coexist with existing levels of DB2 programs used by other applications)
CICS® Transaction Server (CICS TS):
- If your application environment uses CICS TS, (5655-147), then CICS TS for OS/390 V1.3, (5655-147), or later, is required.
- If your application environment accesses CICS TS through the CICS Transaction Gateway (CICS TG), then CICS TG V5.1 (5722-DFH) is required.
For details, visit
Information Management System (IMS):
- If your application environment accesses IMS through Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC), or through IMS Connect/Connector for Java, then IMS V8 (5655-C56), or later, and appropriate maintenance is required.
For details, visit
- SDK 1.4 is shipped with WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 This SDK provides the base support for applications at the J2EE 1.3 level. You can use this level or one already installed at a higher service level such as IBM Developer Kit, Java 2 Technology Edition, SDK 1.4 (5655-I56).
- The WebSphere MQ for z/OS product function included cannot be used independently and has significantly reduced function. If you wish to use the full-function WebSphere MQ for z/OS (5655-F10) program you must purchase a separate license for WebSphere MQ for z/OS V5.3.1 or later. WebSphere MQ for z/OS V5R3 can be used as an external JMS provider however, it will have significantly reduced function that is only available at the WebSphere MQ for z/OS V5.3.1 level. Transactional JMS client support is an example of a function that will only be available at the WebSphere MQ for z/OS V5.3.1 level.
Tools such as the following are separately packaged and priced and facilitate application development:
- WebSphere Studio Application Developer V5.1
WebSphere Studio Application Developer Integration Edition for Linux and
Windows, V5.1 including:
- JCA support for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1
- Full support for WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation for z/OS, V5.1
If your application environment manages the UDDI Registry Tools remotely from a Windows-based client machine then DB2 Connect® 8.1 Enterprise Edition, or later, and appropriate maintenance is required. For details visit
Although z/OS releases z/OS V1.2 and above are supported, it is recommended that you make plans to migrate to the latest release of the z/OS operating system, V1.5, now. For information on the migration, visit the z/OS Migration Web site
For further details, refer to the publications found at the Web site listed in the Publications section of this announcement.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can be installed independently and will coexist with prior versions of WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.
Direct customer support: Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel. This fee service can help enhance customers' productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel will help answer questions pertaining to usage, and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
This product delivers functionality, the Application Server Tool Kit (ASTK) CD-ROM, that is intended for deployment on distributed (non-z/OS) systems. The ASTK is provided with entitlement for software defect support through a renewable support/subscription license for this product. Requests for defect service should be reported through the IBM Call Centers, specifying WebSphere for z/OS. Program fixes will be delivered electronically and supported via the ASTK service delivery process (Eclipse Update Manager). For more information, visit
This product delivers functionality, J2EE Application Client Container CD-ROM, that is intended for deployment on distributed (non-z/OS) systems. J2EE Application Client Container is provided with entitlement for software defect support through a renewable support/subscription license for this product. Requests for defect service should be reported through the IBM Call Centers, specifying WebSphere for z/OS. For more information, visit
IBM Operational Support Services Support line: Yes
Support Line Services are supplied only if the customer has a valid Support Line license. Support Line Services must be purchased separately.
For technical support or assistance, go to http://www.ibm.com/support or contact your IBM representative for additional assistance.
Packaging: Program components are delivered by traditional z/OS fulfillment:
All formal publications are delivered via the Web.
The Application Server Toolkit (ASTK) V.22.214.171.124 CD set and the client CD set delivered with this product are the same sets of CDs delivered on other operating systems with WebSphere Application Server V5.1.
The ASTK is intended to be run on non-z/OS (distributed) systems, and support the creation of WebSphere compliant applications that may be deployed on your z/OS system.
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 provides automated authorization checking and a very strong security implementation for authentication and authorization. It is also designed to provide authentication and authorization service to clients, automatically checking security credentials of all clients accessing WebSphere Application Server for z/OS services.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 is priced per Value Unit.
Software subscription and support
The annual price of Software Subscription and Support for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS (5655-F81) depends on the number of Value Unit license entitlements purchased.
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 and WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation for z/OS, V5.1 cannot be obtained via the same order. Orders must be placed for each product individually, for example, in separate orders. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can be ordered in ServerPac, which can include other software products. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can also be ordered in ServerPac alone, with no additional software products.
Production of WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 orders will begin on the planned general availability date, May 28, 2004. Shipment dates for orders will be based on order sequence, Customized Offering selected, production capability, and customer-requested arrival date. Due to the amount of customization of ServerPac orders, shipments will begin approximately two weeks after general availability. Due to the amount of additional customization of Systempac® orders, shipments will begin approximately four weeks after order and data input verification. For CBPDO orders, shipments will begin one week after general availability. In all cases, no delivery commitments are to be made to the customer until confirmed arrival dates are in ESW.
Value Unit exhibit VUE007
MSUs MSUs minimum maximum Value Units/MSU Base 1 3 1 Tier A 4 45 0.45 Tier B 46 175 0.36 Tier C 176 315 0.27 Tier D 316 + 0.2
Value Units for non MSU-based S/390 processors:
Hardware Value Units/machine MP3000 H30 6 MP3000 H50 8 MP3000 H70 12 ESL Models 2
The total number of Value units is calculated according to the following example.
If the customer has installed 1,500 MSUs, the applicable Value units would be:
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs * Value Units/MSU = Value Units Base 3 * 1.00 = 3.00 Tier A 42 * .45 = 18.90 Tier B 130 * .36 = 46.80 Tier C 140 * .27 = 37.80 Tier D 1,185 * .20 = 237.00 Total 1,500 343.50
When calculating the total number of Value Units, the sum is to be rounded up to the next integer.
Example: In the above ordering example, for the product running on a machine with 1,500 MSUs requiring 344 Value Units, order feature number 0001, quantity 94, and feature number 0002, quantity 1.
Ordering z/OS through the Internet
ShopzSeries provides an easy way to plan and order your z/OS ServerPac or CBPDO. It will analyze your current installation, determine the correct product migration, and present your new configuration based on z/OS. Additional products can also be added to your order (including determination of whether all product requisites are satisfied). ShopzSeries is available in the U.S. and several countries in Europe. In countries where ShopzSeries is not available yet, please contact your IBM representative (or Business Partner) to handle your order via the traditional IBM ordering process. For more details and availability, visit the ShopzSeries Web site at
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can be ordered in ServerPac, which can include other software products. WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5.1 can also be ordered in ServerPac alone, with no additional software products.
Basic license: To order, specify the program number, feature number 9001 for asset registration, (feature number 9001 is for AP and Canada only) and the one-time charge (OTC) feature number. Also specify the feature number of the desired distribution medium. To suppress shipment of media, select the license-only option in CFSW.
The following information was included in the WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5 announcement. It is repeated here for convenience. Note that the medium feature number for V5.1 is 5812. V5 and the medium feature number 5802 are still orderable for customers who are not ready to commit their application environment to SDK 1.4. IBM will notify customers when V5 is withdrawn from marketing. For information on the V5 announcement, refer to Software Announcement 203-094 , dated April 8, 2003.
OTC Medium feature feature Description number number Medium Program number 5655-I35 WebSphere Application Server 0001 5812 3480 for z/OS, V5.1 per Value Unit WebSphere Application Server 0002 5812 3480 for z/OS, V5.1 per 250 Value Units
Note: The media type is chosen during the customized offering (CBPDO, ServerPac) ordering procedure.
Software Subscription and Annual Support: To order the Software Subscription and Annual Support, specify program number 5655-F81 and the feature number from the table below. The quantity of licenses must be equal to the number of OTC licenses ordered.
Existing WebSphere Application Server V4.0.1 and V5.0. for z/OS and OS/390 Software Subscription customers must order WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V5; shipment is not automatic.
Order under PID 5655-F81 standard support Media Support for annual charge feature program name feature number number WebSphere Application Server 0003 N/A for z/OS, V5.1 No Charge Decline Software Subscription and Support WebSphere Application Server 0005 N/A for z/OS, V5.1 No Charge Per MSU SW Subscription & Support Registration WebSphere Application Server 0009 N/A for z/OS, V5.1 No Charge Per 250 MSU SW Subscription & Support Registration WebSphere Application Server 0007 6482 for z/OS, V5.1 Annual Charge Per Value Units SW Subscription & Support One Year WebSphere Application Server 0008 6482 for z/OS, V5.1 Annual Charge Per 250 Value Units SW Subscription & Support One Year
Customization options: None
On/off capacity on demand
Feature Description number Program number 5655-I35 MSU-DAY WebSphere Application 0004 Server for z/OS, V5.1 MSU-DAY QTY 250 WebSphere 0005 Application Server for z/OS, V5.1
Product media is shipped only via Customized Offerings (for example, CBPDO, ServerPac, SystemPac).
Non-customized items (CDs, diskettes, source media, media kits) will continue to be shipped via the
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
Agreement: IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA). Proofs of Entitlement are required for all authorized use.
These products are licensed under the IPLA, the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Support, and the Addendum for Support (Z125-6443), which provides for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an ongoing recurring charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours) as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. S/390 and zSeries IBM Operational Support Services Support Line is an option for those customers who desire added services.
Limited warranty applies: Yes
Warranty: This program has warranty for a minimum of one year from acquisition from IBM or authorized Business Partner. The warranty provided to the customer, for at least one year from acquisition, is access to databases (read Web sites) for program information, FAQs, including any known fixes to defects, which the customer can download or obtain otherwise and install at their leisure.
Program support: Enhanced Support, called Subscription and Support, includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours) as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. The customer will be notified of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program, return it within 30 days from the invoice date to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it for a refund. This applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
Copy and use on home/portable computer: No
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage® applies: No
Software Maintenance applies: No
For operating system software, the revised IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel offering will provide support for those operating systems and associated products that are not available with the newly announced Software Maintenance offering. This will ensure total support coverage for your enterprise needs, including IBM and selected non-IBM products. For complete lists of products supported under both the current and revised SoftwareXcel offering, refer to our Web site at
For additional information on the revised IBM Operational Support Services, refer to Services Announcement 601-023 , dated July 10, 2001.
IBM operational support services SoftwareXcel: Yes
AIX®/UNIX upgrade protection applies: No
Entitled upgrade for current AIX/UNIX upgrade protection licensees: No
iSeries Software Subscription applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available: Yes, 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
On/Off Capacity on Demand
To be eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand pricing, customers must be enabled for temporary
capacity on the corresponding hardware, and the required contract (Z125-6611) Temporary Capacity
On Demand Software must be signed prior to use.
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Dealer prices may vary, and prices may also vary by country. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local IBM representative.
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept: IBM CALL, 11th Floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: LE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top