IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access: Enhancements to V4.3.0 and Starter Edition, and revised availability of V4.3.1IBM United States Software Announcement 203-354
December 16, 2003
|Table of contents||Document options|
(Corrected on February 24, 2004)
|At a glance|
Changes to WebSphere Everyplace Access (WEA) V4.3 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3 include:
- Significant enhancements to WEA V4.3.0 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.0
- Some capabilities originally planned for WEA V4.3.1 are now available for WEA V4.3.0 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.0
- WEA V4.3.1 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.1 availability dates have been changed; new availability information will be announced at a later time.
Contact an IBM Pervasive Computing specialist for more detailed information and assistance. Product information and contacts are available at:
Back to top
WebSphere® Everyplace Access (WEA) V4.3.0 has been enhanced with new features, performance improvements, and additional device support. These changes also apply to WEA Starter Edition V4.3.0.
The availability dates for WEA V4.3.1 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.1 have changed. New availability information will be announced at a later date. WEA V4.3.0 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.0 continue to be available through Passport Advantage®.
Much of the capability announced for WEA V4.3.1 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.1 is now available for WEA V4.3.0 and WEA Starter Edition V4.3.0, including national language versions (NLV) and expanded device support. Support for Solaris and Oracle is available on a Services basis. Contact your IBM Pervasive Computing specialist to schedule IBM Services to evaluate your environment for Solaris or Oracle support.
Enhancements to V4.3.0 include
- Multiple language support
- Support for WebSphere Portal V4.2.1 and Lotus® Domino 6.5 to Everyplace Synchronization Server (ESS) running on Windows servers for PIM/e-mail synchronization
- Support for additional device platforms, including Sharp Zaurus SL-5600, Nokia 9290, Sony Ericsson P900, and RIM Blackberry in selected languages
- Updates for Mobile Office PIM and e-mail synchronization for selected devices by adding attachment, draft, invitation, and filtering support
- Improved support for Server Initiated Actions (SIA), an extension to Intelligent Notification Services
- Cradle synchronization capabilities (HTTP passthru) for selected Palm devices
The enhancements are available as fixpacks, downloadable clients, or services. For assistance or information about obtaining the enhancements and for the most current information about device support, contact your IBM Pervasive Computing Division specialist. Related information, including Release notes and documentation, is available on the following IBM Web sites:
Existing Everyplace Access customers may contact IBM Support for more information and assistance. New or prospective customers should contact a Pervasive Computing representative for more assistance and more information.
Related Software Announcements
- Software Announcement 203-114 , dated April 29, 2003 WEA V4.3
- Software Announcement 203-115 , dated April 29, 2003 WEA Starter Edition
The summary above is the entire text of this announcement.
Back to top