IBM Migration Services for System zIBM United States Services Announcement 610-049
July 20, 2010
|Table of contents|
IBM® Migration Services for System z® provides the skilled IBM resources and best practices to migrate your current System z configuration to a new configuration. The migration can be the result of an operating system upgrade, a change in operating platform, or an acquisition of a new System z server. An IBM technical specialist will:
- Conduct a planning session to create a System z migration plan
- Review and analyze your current system hardware and software configuration to establish a recommended infrastructure
- Order, install, and configure IBM products
- Install and configure Independent Software Vendor (ISV) products
- Assist in the migration of user modifications and user exits
- Assist in the exploitation of new System z technologies, including new workload implementation services
- Assist in the creation of test plans and help to perform the necessary testing
- Perform system backup and recovery actions during products' installation and customization when applicable
- Plan and prepare for production cutover
- Transfer skills to your staff members
Back to top
Hardware: IBM System z9®, System z10®, and higher
Software: All versions and releases of IBM z/OS® and IBM products
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
July 27, 2010
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
For pricing information, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner.
IBM, System z, System z9, System z10 and z/OS are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page