IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows V3.1 adds multilingual supportIBM United States Software Announcement 211-287
August 16, 2011
|Table of contents|
IBM® DB2® Recovery Expert for Linux®, UNIX® and Windows® V3.1 adds multilingual language support for Czech, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations.
For details about IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows V3.1, refer to Software Announcement 211-181, dated June 07, 2011.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
August 19, 2011: Electronic availability
September 16, 2011: Media availability
Back to top
|Availability of national languages|
Product description Language GA date DB2 RE for LUW V3.1.0 Multilingual September 16, 2011 (French, Russian, Korean, Chinese - Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese - Traditional, Hungarian, English, Czech, Italian, Polish) DB2 RE for LUW V3.1.0 English July 15, 2011
Back to top
Program VRM Program name number 5724-H93 3.1.0 IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows
Back to top
Specified operating environment
The minimum hardware resources required for IBM DB2 Recovery Expert are:
- 128 MB of RAM
- 250 MB of disk space
The following operating systems are supported for IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows V3.1:
- AIX® V5.3, V6.1, V7.1 64 bit
- Solaris SPARC 10 64 bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop x86-32 and x86-64 bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 AS/ES x86-32 and x86-64 bit
- SUSE Linux 10.0 (SP1) Enterprise Server x86-32 and x86-64 bit
- SUSE Linux 11.0 Enterprise Server x86-32 and x86-64 bit
- Windows XP 32 (SP3) and 64 bit (SP2)
- Windows Vista Business Edition 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise Edition 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 (SP1) Datacenter 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 (SP1) Enterprise 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 (SP1) Standard 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 Standard 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate Edition 32 bit and 64 bit
The following data servers are supported for IBM DB2 Recovery Expert on the server:
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.1
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.5
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.7
The following web browsers are supported for the DB2 Recovery Expert web user interface:
- Windows Internet Explorer 7.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 8.0
- Firefox 3.0.x
Installation file space
Make sure the target filesystem on the install system has at least the amount of free space indicated:
- DB2 database server files (user-specified location) 500 MB
- Java Command Line Processor client (user specified) 25 MB
DB2 Database Server
DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows V3.1 may require considerable working storage on the DB2 database server for the datastore databases and associated temporary files. The size cannot be accurately predicted, but is on the order of size of the databases and associated log files that the product works with. Additional storage is needed for storing results sets for Log Analysis, which can be quite large. The datastore database is created on the default database path for the specified DB2 instance. Temporary files are written to a data directory path on the /var filesystem unless overridden by a configuration setting. A minimum of 10 GB is recommended for this data. If working with large databases, reserve at least twice the size of the largest database.
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a readme file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
The physical deliverable for IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows V3.1 consists of a media pack that includes the following DVD:
- IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows DVD
Security, auditability, and control
The following product uses the security and auditability features of the DB2 data server:
- IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage®. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensed function title Product group Product category IBM DB2 Recovery Expert IBM Database 2 DB2 Tools
Program name PID Charge unit number description IBM DB2 Recovery Expert 5724-H93 Per Value Unit IBM DB2 Recovery Expert 5724-H93 PROCESSOR-Days
Charge metrics definitions
Processor Value Unit (PVU)
PVU is a unit of measure by which the program can be licensed. The number of PVU entitlements required is based on the processor technology (defined within the PVU Table by processor value, brand, type, and model number at
and the number of processors made available to the program. IBM continues to define a processor, for the purpose of PVU-based licensing, to be each processor core on a chip. A dual-core processor chip, for example, has two processor cores.
Licensee can deploy the program using either full capacity licensing or virtualization capacity (sub-capacity) licensing according to the Passport Advantage Sub-Capacity Licensing Terms (refer to the webpage below). If using full capacity licensing, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores* in the physical hardware environment made available to or managed by the program, except for those servers from which the program has been permanently removed. If using virtualization capacity licensing, licensee must obtain entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores made available to or managed by the program, as defined according to the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules at
* An activated processor core is a processor core that is available for use in a physical or virtual server, regardless of whether the capacity of the processor core can be or is limited through virtualization technologies, operating system commands, BIOS settings, or similar restrictions.
- Some programs may require licenses for the program and what is being managed. In that case, the following applies. In addition to the entitlements required for the program directly, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- Some programs may be licensed on a managed basis only. In that case, the following applies: Instead of the entitlements required for the program directly, Licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- A few programs on an exception basis may be licensed on a referenced basis. In that case, the following applies. Rather than obtaining entitlements for the activated processor cores available to the program, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the environment made available to the referenced program as if the program itself were executing everywhere the referenced program was executing, independent of the basis on which the referenced program is licensed.
- Express® and workgroup programs may be licensed with maximum use terms. In that case, the following applies. The maximum authorized use terms and conditions for PVU licensed IBM express and middleware programs can be found in the IBM Express and Middleware Licensing Guide.
Passport Advantage program licenses
IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW
Part description Part number IBM DB2 Recovery Expert DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW Per Processor Value Unit E022GLL Annual SW S&S Rnwl DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW Per Processor Value Unit D55NELL Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW Per Processor Value Unit SW D55NFLL S&S Reinst 12Mo
Passport Advantage supply
Program name/description Part number DB2 RE for LUW V3.1.0 IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows BB173ML V3.1 Multilingual MP IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows BB17REN V3.1 English Media Pack
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
DB2 RE for LUW V3.1.0
Entitled maintenance Media packs description Part offerings description number IBM DB2 Recovery Expert IBM DB2 Recovery Expert BB173ML for Linux, UNIX and for Linux, UNIX and Windows per Processor Windows V3.1 Multilingual Value Unit MP IBM DB2 Recovery Expert IBM DB2 Recovery Expert BB17REN for Linux, UNIX and for Linux, UNIX and Windows per Processor Windows V3.1 English Media Value Unit Pack
IBM DB2 Recovery Expert
Part description Part number DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW PROCESSOR-Day(s) Per D615WLL Use-Day OOCoD
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The terms and conditions for IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for LUW V3.1 as previously announced in Software Announcement 211-181, dated June 07, 2011 are unchanged.
On/Off Capacity on Demand (CoD)
To be eligible for On/Off CoD pricing, customers must be enabled for temporary capacity on the corresponding hardware, and the required contract - Z125-6907, Amendment for iSeries® and pSeries® Temporary Capacity On Demand - Software - must be signed prior to use.
Back to top
The charges are unchanged by this announcement.
Back to top
To order, contact your local IBM representative or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM Business Partner or IBM representative, call 1 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
- Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255)
- Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329)
For IBM representative: email@example.com
For IBM Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Database 2 is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, DB2, AIX, Passport Advantage, Express, iSeries, pSeries and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page