IBM Rational Business Developer V7.5.1 and EGL simplify innovation by enabling the development of rich Web 2.0 solutions for new or existing enterprise applicationsIBM United States Software Announcement 208-444
December 2, 2008
|At a glance|
IBM® Rational® Business Developer, an integrated development environment for the EGL language, enables IT organizations to build innovative solutions while:
- Improving flexibility and responsiveness to the business
- Reducing costs by improving developer productivity
- Reusing existing, proven assets in new ways
IBM Rational Business Developer lets IT organizations achieve increased levels of application development productivity and enables business savvy developers to exploit emerging computing technologies to fulfill new and changing business requirements with minimum retraining costs and time.
EGL1, the newest IBM business language, frees developers to focus on the business problem rather than on the details of the target execution platforms and associated middleware. EGL is ideal for business-oriented development teams who value ease of learning and high productivity, but need to quickly deliver modern applications and services.
- Enterprise Generation Language
Back to top
The industry-wide adoption of Web 2.0 is changing the way people use and exchange information and how businesses operate on the Web today. Prior to Web 2.0, Web sites were static pages with content offered by just a single provider. With Web 2.0, pages are constructed more dynamically and can include content from the original provider, from users, and from third parties. User involvement, personalization, and client-side application aggregation engages the user and results in more productive interaction. With Web 2.0, business can deliver external and internal solutions by modernizing and extending existing assets in innovative ways, while harvesting services dispersed across the Internet. To deal with the challenges of building these rich, browser-based applications, Web 2.0 technologies are based on simpler programming models. Those techniques accelerate time to market by improving the consumption of existing enterprise assets. Web 2.0 is all about using the Internet creatively, as a platform to foster innovation, speed and simplicity.
Benefits of EGL Rich UI and Web 2.0 include:
- Reduce development costs, accelerate time to market, and deliver higher quality modern Web 2.0-based business solutions as rich Internet-style applications
- Allow higher productivity due to simplicity of the solution
- Deliver a responsive, rich Internet application interface
- Provide a shorter learning curve and training costs: developers only need to learn one language (EGL) in order to build both back-end business logic and services and front-end user interfaces and client side logic
- Include cross-browser support; write once, but run in all of the popular browsers
- Extend the value and the life of reliable business logic contained in System z® and IBM i applications. Leverage these assets in transactional services within innovative composite applications that significantly improve users experience and productivity
- Allow seamless integration of enterprise information and processes with other source of information, data, or service across the enterprise or Web to better serve users, customers, and partners. This technology is referred to as "mashups"
- Take advantage of emerging SOA-based industry-vertical services or presentation libraries. Examples are Google charts, Google Maps, Dojo, Silverlight, Flash, SAP, and Xignite.
- Lower the skills barrier and leverage traditional business-oriented developers while delivering innovative and powerful state-of-the-art solutions to the business.
- Provide Web application developers with a faster and more agile approach to building Web 2.0 applications.
Because of the simple and powerful EGL interoperability with existing assets and services, EGL Rich UI provides the industry-leading solution for modernizing traditional applications running on System z or IBM i. With EGL Rich UI, proven, reliable assets can be reused and delivered in new ways and to new audiences, all without rewriting or reengineering. Because EGL Rich UI has the ability to call both REST and SOAP services, traditional programs can be exposed as services using tools such as IBM Rational Developer for System z and IBM Rational Developer for i for SOA Construction. With EGL Rich UI, legacy applications and data can be leveraged along with emerging Internet and B2B2 SOA3- based services to quickly provide powerful, innovative, enterprise-level, customer-friendly Web solutions.
In this new release of IBM Rational Business Develper, IBM extends the state of the art application development facilities to the zVSE users community. VSE users can now use EGL as a modern development language for deploying Web and SOA applications that extend their valuable investment in data and program assets on the trusted zVSE platform.
- Service oriented architecture
The EGL Cafe (http://www.ibm.com/rational/eglcafe), an online community for EGL practitioners, enables collaboration between EGL developers around the world and a place for EGL Rich UI components to be shared. With this component marketplace, the community of EGL developers will help each other create solutions that increase productivity and improve user experience for mission-critical Web 2.0-based business applications.
Back to top
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
December 2, 2008, (electronic software delivery)
December 12, 2008, (media and documentation)
Back to top
IBM Rational Business Developer delivers the latest technology tools to support the definition and testing and debugging of EGL applications and services. It also offers a generation engine that transforms the EGL source into Java or COBOL code optimized for deployment to a broad variety of application hosting environments including J2EE servers (such as WebSphere®, Apache Tomcat, IBM i Integrated Application Server) and traditional transactional systems (such as IBM System z, CICS®, and Information Management System (IMS) or IBM i).
EGL hides the details of the target execution platforms and associated middleware, freeing developers to focus on the business problem rather than on the underlying implementation technologies. Developers who have little or no experience with Java and Web technologies can use EGL to create enterprise-class services and applications quickly and easily. Developers with little or no experience with mainframe programming can quickly create highly optimized System z or IBM i services and applications.
IBM recognizes that the construction of cross-platform, Web-based and service-oriented solution poses significant technical challenges that require a long and continuous learning process. This issue is not new in our industry. With each computing technology revolution came new technical programming challenges that taxed developers' time in terms of learning and coding intricate systems services interfaces at the expense of time devoted to coding business functionality.
IBM Rational Business Developer provides a comprehensive and powerful development workbench for the EGL language. It addresses the full spectrum of modern business application requirements including development of:
- Business services: The language includes the built-in notion of "service" allowing you to create and invoke services in an extremely simple and straightforward way, and to permeate systems architecture with service orientation.
- Web applications: Tight integration of EGL with Java Server Faces (JSF) framework and JSF tooling enables programmers to create Web applications in a simple and productive way, without the need to know either Java or the details of the JSF framework.
- Rich Internet applications (RIAs): With EGL Rich UI, organizations have the tools to build rich, responsive client-based applications that access Web services to provide.
- Portlets: EGL JSF Web applications can also be deployed to WebSphere Portal Server, and EGL provides built-in functions to interface the portal framework, including support for inter-portlet communications.
- Reports: EGL integration with the BIRT, an open source reporting engine, allows you to create professional reports.
- Batch systems: The language includes the built-in notion of "batch program", which can be generated to run without end-user interaction; for example, to produce reports or to batch database loads and updates.
- Text user-interface applications: To facilitate migration of existing systems to a modern development environment, EGL includes the ability to create traditional character-based (green-screen, such as 5250 and 3270) user interfaces and relative programming constructs. This capability can also be used for new development if needed.
New capabilities delivered in IBM Rational Business Developer V7.5 and available in V7.5.1
- Support for deployment of JSF Web applications and services to WebSphere Application Server V7.0
- Support for deployment of portlets to WebSphere Portal V6.1
- Support for JavaServer Faces 1.2
New capabilities delivered in IBM Rational Business Developer V7.5.1
- EGL Rich UI 0 - Enables simplified development, testing, and debugging
of Web 2.0 style applications. Features include:
- Editor for visually constructing Rich UI applications, including a palette that contains available widgets, an outline view that shows hierarchy of widgets, and a properties view to enable quick editing of widget settings
- Rich out-of-the-box widget library, including data table, calendar, and basic data entry widgets
- Extensibility to support other third-party widget libraries such as Dojo Dijit and Yahoo UI
- REST and SOAP Web service support
- Support for back/forward and history within rich UI application
- Publish/subscribe mechanism that enables simplified messaging between UI components
- Decimal support
- z/VSE runtime support - Enables generation of COBOL capable of running on the z/VSE platform. See the section on z/VSE for more information about related offerings.
- Support for calling SQL stored procedures - Includes new keyword to support the calling of SQL stored procedures from within EGL-generated COBOL.
- Support EXCI interface in z/OS® batch programs - Enables calling of CICS transactions from batch programs on z/OS
- Support for CICS Channels and Containers
- Enables EGL applications generated as COBOL running on CICS Transaction Server V3.2 (CICS TS V3.2) or higher to support new channels and containers feature which enables the passing larger amounts of data between programs running within CICS.
- Enables EGL applications generated as Java and running on distributed servers to utilize the CICS Channel and Container support to pass more than 32K of data to and from a remote CICS region. This requires both CICS TS V3.2 or higher and CICS Transaction Gateway V7.1 or higher.
Note:IBM Rational Business Developer V7.5.1 is built on Eclipse 3.4, and cannot shell-share with Eclipse 3.2-based development environments such as IBM Rational Application Developer V7, IBM Rational Developer for System z V7.1, or IBM Rational Developer for System i® for SOA Construction V7.1.
Migration from Natural, RPG, or IBM VisualAge® Generator
IBM Rational Migration Extension for Natural enables business-critical Natural/ADABAS applications that have been transformed into the IBM Rational Software Development Platform, specifically IBM Rational Business Developer featuring EGL technology, to execute and generate correctly to the chosen COBOL or Java runtime environment. IBM Rational Migration Extension for Natural is a key component of the IBM Rational Enterprise Application Modernization process, which delivers a highly automated way to leverage and reuse Natural/ADABAS applications. Refer to Software Announcement 208-162, dated June 24, 2008.
IBM Rational Migration Extension for IBM i delivers a highly automated way to leverage and reuse business-critical RPG applications and transform them into the IBM Rational Software Development Platform, specifically IBM Rational Business Developer featuring EGL technology. It provides a cost-effective way to modernize and transform these systems and breathe new life into applications that were considered to be on life support. Refer to Software Announcement 208-162, dated June 24, 2008, for more information.
IBM Rational Business Developer also allows organizations to easily reuse and extend valuable existing IT assets, including automated conversion of IBM VisualAge Generator applications to EGL.
Support for generation to z/VSE
Two new offerings enable EGL to be deployed and run on the z/VSE platform. IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE V7.5.1 enables generation of COBOL capable of running on z/VSE within IBM Rational Business Developer. IBM Rational COBOL Runtime for z/VSE V7.5.1 provides the required EGL runtime libraries for z/VSE. Together, these offerings enable the generation of EGL as COBOL source that can be compiled and deployed to z/VSE. Code can be deployed as traditional 3270 CICS applications, traditional batch applications, or programs capable of being invoked from an EGL Web front-end or EGL service, which can be deployed on a distributed application server. This new offering helps deliver Web 2.0, SOA, and Web solutions for z/VSE.
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
IBM Rational Business Developer is capable as of December 12, 2008 , when used in accordance with associated IBM documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly interoperates with it. A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), containing details on the products accessibility compliance, can be requested on the following Web site
IPLA and Subscription and Support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product license entitlement. Subscription and Support will be available in the country in which the agreement is made.
Availability of national languages
Product description Language General availability date IBM Rational Business Multilingual December 12, 2008 Developer Extension for VSE (English International, V7.5.1 French, Russian, Korean, Chinese-Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese-Traditional, Hungarian, Czech, Italian, Polish) IBM Rational Business Multilingual December 12, 2008 Developer V7.5.1 (French, Russian, Korean, Chinese-Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese-Traditional, Hungarian, English, Czech, Italian, Polish)
Back to top
Program VRM Program name number 5724-S50 7.5.0 IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 7.5.1 IBM Rational Business Developer
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items. Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A large number of publications are available online in various file formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
- Processor: Minimum 800 MHz Pentium® III (or higher for best results)
- Memory: Minimum 1 GB RAM, 2 GB works well (3 GB recommended for Windows® Vista).
- Disk space: Minimum 1 GB of disk space is required for product package installation. Additional disk space is required for the resources that you develop.
Note: Disk space requirements can be reduced or increased depending on the features that you install.
- Additional disk space: If you download the product package to install this product.
- For Windows: Additional disk space is required if you use FAT32 instead of NTFS.
- For Windows: An additional 500 MB of disk space is required in the directory pointed to by your environment variable TEMP.
- For Linux®: An additional 500 MB of disk space is required in the /tmp directory.
- Display: 1024 x 768 display minimum using 256 colors (or higher for best results).
- Other hardware: Microsoft® mouse or compatible pointing device.
Tooling software requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 or 2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Ed (AMD)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate editions) V6.0 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 2008
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation V4.0 and V5.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop V4.0 and V5.0
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server V9 and V10
- VisualAge Generator migration tool requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP
Runtime software requirements
IBM Rational Business Developer generates COBOL code that can be deployed to the following environments:
- z/OS V1.6, or later: batch, CICS, IMS/TM (programs deployed to any of these environments require the IBM Rational COBOL Runtime for zSeries® V7.0 product)
- IBM i5/OS® V5R3 or IBM i operating system 5.4, or later
- z/VSE 4.1 or 4.2.
IBM Rational Business Developer generates Java code that can be deployed to the following environments:
- z/OS V1.6, or later. Web applications require WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V6.0, or later.
- IBM i5/OS V5R3, or later. Web applications require WebSphere Application Server 6.0, or later, Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later, or the IBM i Integrated Application Server.
- AIX® V5.2. Web application requires WebSphere Application Server V6.0, or later or Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later.
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP. Web application requires WebSphere Application Server V6.0, or later or Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later.
- Linux (Red Hat 3, or higher, SUSE 9). Web application requires WebSphere Application Server V6.0, or later or Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later.
- HP Unix 11iv2. Web application requires WebSphere Application Server V6.0, or later or Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later.
- Solaris 9 or later. Web application requires WebSphere Application Server V6.0, or later or Apache Tomcat 5.5, or later.
Supported relational databases
- DB2® V7, and later
- IDS 7.3, and later
- Oracle 8, and later
- SQL Server 2000
- Derby 10
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a README file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and technical support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and technical support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
IBM Rational Business Developer
- IBM Rational Business Developer Quick Start Guide
- IBM Rational Business Developer
- IBM Rational Business Developer License Activation Kit
- WebSphere Application Server Test Environment
- DB2 Express Edition V9.5
- DB2 Express Edition V9.5 Restricted Use Activation Kit
- DB2 Connect Personal Edition Client V9.5
- CICS Transaction Gateway V7.0
- Enterprise Deployment V7.0.6
IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE -IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE License Activation Kit
Security, auditability, and control
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
To locate an IBM Business Partner, visit
Back to top
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensed function title Product group Product category IBM Rational Business Developer Design and Construction Design and Construction IBM Rational Business Developer Design and Construction Design and Construction Extension for VSE
Program name PID Charge unit number description IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Authorized User IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Floating User IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Floating User IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Authorized User IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Floating User Extension for VSE IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Authorized User Extension for VSE IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Authorized User Extension for VSE IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 Floating User Extension for VSE
Charge metrics definitions
The term Authorized User is the unit of measure by which this program is licensed. An Authorized User is an individual (named or unnamed) within or outside of your enterprise. The program may be installed on one or more computers or servers and accessed by the number of users authorized by the Proof of Entitlement (PoE). You must have an entitlement for each Authorized User accessing the program or any program component in any manner directly or indirectly (for example, via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means.
You may utilize the program, including installation of the program on multiple servers, provided that use of the program occurs via a license server, and the total number of concurrent users does not exceed the total number of floating user licenses obtained for the program.
Passport Advantage program licenses
IBM Rational Business Developer
Part description Part number IBM Rational Business Developer Ratl Business Developer Authorized User Annual SW S&S E03SULL Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Authorized User Initl FT Lic + D610CLL SW S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Authorized User Lic + SW S&S 12 D6105LL Mo Ratl Business Developer Authorized User SW S&S D6106LL Reinstate 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Authorized User Subsq FT Lic + E03SYLL SW S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Floating User Annual SW S&S E03STLL Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Floating User Lic + SW S&S 12 D6103LL Mo Ratl Business Developer Floating User SW S&S Reinstate D6104LL 12 Mo
IBM Rational Business Developer
Part description Part number IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User Annual SW E0669LL S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User Initl FT D07A6LL Lic+S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User Lic + SW D07A4LL S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User SW S&S D07A5LL Reinstate 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User SubSq FT E066ALL Lic+S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Floating User E0667LL Annual SW S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Floating User Lic + D07A0LL SW S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Floating User SW D07A1LL S&S Reinstate 12 Mo
Passport Advantage Trade-up licenses
IBM Rational Business Developer
Precursor product Trade-up product Part number IBM Rational Business Developer VaGen or Informix 4GL Ratl Bus Dev AthUsr from D6114LL VAGen or Informix 4GL Trdup Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ratl Bus Dev FltUsr fr D6115LL Authorized User Ratl Bus Dev Ext AthUsr Trdup Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo
Passport Advantage supply
Program name/Description Part number Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE V7.5.0 Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE Other V7.5.0 Limited to BT06UML password, authentication, Ratl Business Developer V7.5.1 Ratl Business Developer Windows 2000,Windows Vista BT05VML Business,SUSE Linux Ent
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
IBM Rational Business Developer V7.5.1
Entitled maintenance Media packs description Part offerings description number IBM Rational Business Ratl Business Developer BT05VML Developer Authorized User Windows 2000,Windows Vista Business,SUSE Linux Ent IBM Rational Business Ratl Business Developer BT05VML Developer Floating User Windows 2000,Windows Vista Business,SUSE Linux Ent IBM Rational Business Ratl Business Developer BT05VML Developer for System z per Windows 2000,Windows Vista Authorized User Business,SUSE Linux Ent IBM Rational Business Ratl Business Developer BT05VML Developer for System z per Windows 2000,Windows Vista Floating User Business,SUSE Linux Ent
IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE V7.5.0
Entitled maintenance Media packs description Part offerings description number IBM Rational Business Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE BT06UML Developer Extension for Other V7.5.0 Limited to VSE Per Floating User for password, authentication, System Z IBM Rational Business Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE BT06UML Developer Extension for Other V7.5.0 Limited to VSE per Authorized User password, authentication, IBM Rational Business Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE BT06UML Developer Extension for Other V7.5.0 Limited to VSE per Authorized User password, authentication, for System Z IBM Rational Business Ratl Bus Dev EXt for VSE BT06UML Developer Extension for Other V7.5.0 Limited to VSE per Floating User password, authentication,
Cross-platform product for use on System z
Order the part numbers that follow when there is an intention to acquire this cross-platform product for deployment on the System z or S/390® platform. This set of part numbers provides the identical supply and authorization as the other set in this announcement. The distinction is to identify the planned deployment platform.
IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE
Part description Part number IBM Rational Business Developer Extension for VSE Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User Sys z SW D07A3LL S&S Reinstate 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User System z E0668LL Annual SW S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Auth User System z D07A2LL Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Float User Sys z SW D079RLL S&S Reinstate 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Floating User Sys z D079QLL Annual SW S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer Ext for VSE Floating User Sys z E0662LL Annual SW S&S Rnwl
IBM Rational Business Developer
Part description Part number IBM Rational Business Developer Ratl Business Developer System z AthUsr SW S&S D610ALL Reinstate 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer System z Auth User Annual SW E03SWLL S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer System z Auth User Lic + SW S&S D6109LL 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer System z Float User Annual SW E03SVLL S&S Rnwl Ratl Business Developer System z Floating Usr Lic + SW D6107LL S&S 12 Mo Ratl Business Developer System z FltUsr SW S&S D6108LL Reinstate 12 Mo
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the license information document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance).
License information form number
Program name Program number Form number IBM Rational Business Developer 5724-S50 L-KHUY-7L6T62/L-KHUY-7L6T2D
The program's license information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known Program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Handbook for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
Authorization for use on home/portable computer
The program may be stored on the primary machine and another machine, provided that the program is not in active use on both machines at the same time. You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Product name IBM Rational Business Developer Yes
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Some usage restrictions apply for the IBM Rational Application Developer functions when using the IBM Rational Business Developer V7.1 product. To enable Web application development using the EGL language, your copy of the IBM Rational Business Developer V7.1 product contains a portion of IBM Rational Application Developer V7.x product. You may use this portion of IBM Rational Application Developer only for development of EGL applications. Any use of IBM Rational Application Developer V7.x features for other purposes (for example, for developing J2EE applications using the Java language), requires purchase of a license of IBM Rational Application Developer.
For additional information refer to the License Information Document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and technical support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
While your Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
System i Software Maintenance applies
Educational allowance available
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
Back to top
For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
- Phone: 800-IBM-CALL
- Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX
- For IBM representative: email@example.com
IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: LE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
IMS, z/VSE and DB2 Connect are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Rational, System z, WebSphere, CICS, z/OS, System i, VisualAge, Passport Advantage, zSeries, i5/OS, AIX, DB2, S/390 and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Java and all Java-based trademarks are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both.
Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Windows and Microsoft are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page
Back to top