IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 helps improve application developer productivityIBM United States Software Announcement 207-205
September 18, 2007
|Table of contents||Document options|
|At a glance|
Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 helps examine, monitor, and control the execution of application programs by letting you
- Interactively debug an application as it runs
- Perform seamless debugging of mixed-language applications
- Make adjustments to your application while debugging
- Display, monitor, and alter program variables
Debug Tool also supports many programming languages and numerous execution environments.
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
Debug Tool for z/OS® V8.1 is the IBM interactive source-level debugging tool for compiled applications. It is a program testing and analysis aid that helps you examine, monitor, and control the execution of application programs written in C, C++, COBOL, or PL/I on a z/OS system.
Debug Tool supports debugging of application programs running in the following environments:
- UNIX® System Services
V8.1 has added functional and usability improvement, which make Debug Tool an even more productive
tool to use.
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- September 28, 2007 English version
- October 26, 2007 Japanese version
- October 26, 2007 Korean version
Back to top
New features and enhancements: In earlier releases, with Debug Tool you could assume that all floating point data items and registers were in hexadecimal floating point format. Now, for disassembly programs, Debug Tool also supports floating point registers in binary (IEEE) and decimal floating point format.
You can now display the 64-bit General Purpose Registers when your programs run on hardware that supports this feature. New symbols (%GPRGn and RGn) are added so you can reference the 64-bit General Purpose Registers in disassembly expressions. However, no support is provided for 64-bit addressing.
In earlier releases, if Debug Tool could not display a COBOL character in character format, it would display the entire string in hexadecimal format. Now, Debug Tool displays all COBOL characters in character format, even if the character symbol can not be displayed on the screen. You can also modify the COBOL characters while they are displayed in character format.
A new window, the Memory window, is added to display sections of memory. Navigate through this window with scrolling commands or by specifying a specific address. Update memory by typing over existing data with new data. The Memory window keeps track of certain addresses so you can quickly navigate back to those addresses.
The following enhancements help make it easier to use command sequences across several different programming languages. You can use:
- Double quotation marks for strings that require quotation marks
- BEGIN and END commands for all supported programming languages
- Single syntax (X'xxxxxxxx') for hexadecimal addresses in all supported programming languages
The following enhancements have been made to prefix commands entered in the Monitor window. You can use:
- DEF prefix command like the HEX prefix command to have it operate on individual array and structure elements
- HEX prefix command on Enterprise PL/I variables
A new option (THREADTERMCOND) is added to EQAOPTS to specify whether Debug Tool should prompt you when a FINISH, CEE066 or CEE067 thread termination condition is raised by Language Environment®.
A new option (CODEPAGE) is added to EQAOPTS, which can help ensure that Debug Tool correctly displays national language support (NLS) characters in full screen and that it correctly communicates NLS characters with the remote debugger.
Debug Tool enhanced the processing of deferred AT® ENTRY breakpoints so that it generates an implicit NAMES INCLUDE statement for the specified load module and compile unit to ensure that the module is processed as expected.
Enhancements are made to improve Debug Tool performance.
Enhancements are made to improve the debugging capabilities of IBM Rational® Developer for System z, WebSphere Developer for System z, and WebSphere Developer Debugger for System z.
The publication, Debug Tool User's Guide is enhanced to clearly describe the support for DB2 stored procedures supported languages, program types of MAIN and SUB, setup, compile-time and run-time recommendations, and implications of debugging DB2 stored procedures concurrently.
Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions V8.1: Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions V8.1, a separate, optional product that builds on the function in Debug Tool V8.1. It delivers even more debugging capability for z/OS applications. Debug Tool V8.1 is included in Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions V8.1. For more information on Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions V8.1, refer to 207-205 , dated September 18, 2007.
Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
The product in this announcement is capable as of its general availability, when used in accordance
with IBM documentation, of satisfying the applicable requirements of Section 508 of the
Rehabilitation Act, provided that any assistive technology used with the product properly
interoperates with it.
Back to top
Problem Determination Tools include Application Performance Analyzer, Debug Tool, Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions, Fault Analyzer, File Manager, File Export, and Workload Simulator. These tools help ease the burden of managing complex IT environments. By helping to improve application delivery throughout the application life cycle, Problem Determination Tools deliver increased user productivity and IT effectiveness across source code debugging, application-abend analysis, data management, and application-performance management.
Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS helps programmers and systems personnel to identify constraints and to improve the performance of their applications. It is a nonintrusive performance analyzer that helps you with the design, development, and maintenance cycles. Its key function is to measure and report how resources are used by applications running in virtually any z/OS address space.
- Delivers easy-to-use function that facilitates isolation of performance problems in applications
- Helps pinpoint performance bottlenecks affecting online transaction-response times
- Assists in reducing batch application turn-around time
- Supports CICS, C/C++, Assembler, COBOL, PL/I, DB2, IMS, and WebSphere MQ
- Increases application understanding during stress and regression testing
- Integrates with Fault Analyzer and Debug Tool software with common side files
Debug Tool for z/OS is the IBM interactive source-level debugging tool for compiled applications. It is a program testing and analysis aid that helps you examine, monitor, and control the execution of application programs written in C, C++, COBOL, or PL/I on a z/OS system.
Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions for z/OS builds on the function in Debug Tool for z/OS and provides additional debugging capability for applications running in a variety of environments, such as CICS, IMS, DB2 Stored Procedures, and UNIX System Services. Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions also includes features to help you identify old OS/VS and VS COBOL II source code and to upgrade the code to Enterprise COBOL.
- Delivers a single debugging tool for batch, TSO, CICS, DB2, DB2 stored procedures, and IMS applications written in COBOL, PL/I, C/C++, and Assembler
- Offers more productivity enhancements when used with the GUI provided in IBM Rational Developer for System z, WebSphere Developer for System z, or WebSphere Developer Debugger for System z (all available separately)
- Includes tools to quickly identify and convert OS/VS COBOL code to ANSI 85 standard
- Supplies tools to help you determine how thoroughly your code has been tested
Fault Analyzer for z/OS assists in analyzing and fixing application and system failures. It offers the information required to help determine the cause of failure and provides assistance in how to resolve the problem. Integrated support for Java and WebSphere Application Server for z/OS gives Fault Analyzer expanded application coverage and related business value beyond traditional applications. You can use one tool to assist in composite application abend analysis, including 64-bit DB2 Universal Database® V8 support.
- Delivers a detailed report about program failures to help you resolve them quickly
- Includes a fault-history file that lets you track and manage application failures and fault reports
- Lets you control which users can access history files by allowing you to store application failure information in separate files
- Offers a view of storage contents, trace tables, and terminal screen images at the time of failure to help speed corrective action
- Lets you customize message descriptions to be used in application failure reports
- Helps maximize flexibility through support for CICS, DB2, IMS, Enterprise PL/I, Enterprise COBOL, and WebSphere Application Server for z/OS systems
File Manager for z/OS offers comprehensive, user-friendly tools for working with z/OS data sets, or DB2 or IMS data. You can also access CICS resources under control of a CICS transaction. Create, browse, copy, edit, print, and format or reformat data files in the most popular z/OS file formats. Manipulate data using COBOL and PL/I record layouts interactively or in batch.
- Supports development and production through extensive editing, browsing, and batch and interactive utility capabilities
- Finds, copies, edits, prints, compares, and displays data quickly and easily
- Defines data-set records efficiently by using COBOL and PL/I copybooks stored in partitioned data sets or library-management systems
- Enhances usability by letting you customize which fields to display, copy, or print
File Export for z/OS offers highly selective data-copying capabilities that simplify the complex task of populating test environments, or upgrading applications to new or other environments. Robust features give users the flexibility to export and import related sets of DB2, IMS, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), and sequential data. It can generate test data on demand and can support altering sensitive data while maintaining data relationships. For data security, File Export lets you scramble sensitive information while extracting the data.
- Enables exporting related sets of existing data from similar sources
- Extracts DB2, IMS, VSAM, and sequential data from one or more sources
- Creates one or more targets for production, quality assurance, test, and other application development and problem-resolution activities
Workload Simulator lets you simulate terminals and the associated messages. You can alter message loads during a run. Workload Simulator can be used to generate large volumes of messages to evaluate the reliability and to approximate performance characteristics of a network under expected operating conditions.
- Delivers native support of multiple client applications that run on top of TCP/IP
- Includes System Network Architecture (SNA) logical units that can be simulated while executing as a VTAM® application program
- Includes Workload Simulator Test Manager that helps you develop and manage testcases, the automation of test runs, and the analysis of results
- Includes flexible script-generating utilities, extensive run-time utilities, and powerful post-test analysis utilities
These problem determination tools not only support traditional applications, but include emphasis on the building of service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications, tight integration amongst the problem determination tools themselves and other related tools sets; and an ongoing emphasis on supporting and exploiting the latest subsystem levels. These capabilities, in addition to the Problem Determination Tools' ongoing commitment to deliver additional customer-requested functions, make the Problem Determination Tools a set of products which are second to none.
Hardware and software support services
SmoothStart/installation services: IBM SmoothStart and Installation Services are not provided.
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
For information on Web-based training, classroom-based training, on-site workshops and other educational resources available for the problem determination tools, refer to the IBM Education Assistant Web site
Back to top
Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 runs under the control of, or in conjunction with the following programs. For more information on the following programs that require program temporary fixes (PTFs), refer to the program directory, the customization guide, and the Preventative Service Planning (PSP) bucket for this product.
Required licensed programs z/OS V1.6, or later (5694-A01)
Optional licensed programs
Depending on the functions used, one or more of the following programs may be required:
- AD/Cycle® C/370 V1.2 (5688-216)
- C/C++ for MVS/ESA V3 (5655-121)
- z/OS V1.6 or later C/C++ Element (5694-A01)
- CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS V2.2 or V2.3 (5697-E93)
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V3.1 or V3.2 (5655-M15)
- IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3.4 (5655-G53)
- DB2® UDB for z/OS and OS/390® V7 (5675-DB2)
- DB2 UDB for z/OS V8 (5625-DB2)
- DB2 UDB for z/OS V9 (5635-DB2)
- Debug Tool Utilities and Advanced Functions for z/OS V8.1 (5655-S16)
- File Manager for z/OS V5.1 (5655-M21)
- File Manager for z/OS V6.1 (5655-P17)
- File Manager for z/OS V7.1 (5655-R47)
- File Manager for z/OS V8.1 (5655-S14)
- High Level Assembler/MVS & VM & VSE, V1.5 (5696-234)
- IMS V9 (5655-J38)
- IMS V10 (5635-A01)
- IBM PL/I for MVS & VM V1.1.1 (5688-235)
- IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.4, V3.5, or V3.6 (5655-H31)
- IBM Rational® Developer for System z V7.1 (5724-L44)
- WebSphere® Developer for zSeries® V6.0.1 (5724-L44)
- WebSphere Developer for System z V7.0 (5724-L44)
- WebSphere Developer Debugger for zSeries V6.0.1 (5724-N06)
- WebSphere Developer Debugger for System z V7.0 (5724-N06)
Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 is tested and supported only for use with the announced and currently supported levels of IBM software and hardware listed above. IBM knows of no reason Debug Tool for z/OS V8 will not work with certain earlier, unsupported IBM software products, specifically:
- z/OS V1.4 or V1.5 (5694-A01)
- IBM OS/390 V2.10 C/C++ Element (5647-A01)
- z/OS V1.1 to V1.5 C/C++ Element (5694-A01)
- CICS Transaction Server for OS/390 V1.3 (5655-147)
- VS COBOL II V1.3.1, V1.3.2, or V1.4 (5668-958, 5688-023), with limitations
- IBM COBOL for MVS & VM V1 (5688-197)
- COBOL for OS/390 & VM V2.2 (5648-A25)
- IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3.1, V3.2, or V3.3 (5655-G53)
- High Level Assembler/MVS & VM & VSE, V1.4 (5696-234)
- IMS V7 (5655-B01)
- IMS V8 (5655-C56)
- OS PL/I V2.1, V2.2, or V2.3 (5668-909, 5668-910), with limitations
- VisualAge® PL/I for OS/390 V2 (5655-B22)
- Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.1, V3.2, or V3.3 (5655-H31)
- WebSphere Developer for zSeries V6.0 (5724-L44)
IBM will undertake to fix problems found running Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 with the above-mentioned earlier, unsupported product levels. IBM must be able to reproduce the problem using a supported level of the same product. If the problem can be reproduced and fixed, the fix will be developed and tested using supported levels of IBM software. If a fix is made available, it is likely to work on the unsupported product level, however, IBM can not guarantee that the fix will work with the unsupported product.
The Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 package includes:
- Basic machine-readable material on the customer-selected distribution medium
- Program Directory (GI10-8761)
- Licensed Program Specifications (GC19-1207)
Security, auditability, and control
The announced program uses the security and auditability features of the host operating system
software. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security
features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and
Back to top
Ordering z/OS through the Internet
ShopzSeries provides an easy way to plan and order your z/OS ServerPac or CBPDO. It will analyze your current installation, determine the correct product migration, and present your new configuration based on z/OS. Additional products can also be added to your order (including determination of whether all product requisites are satisfied). ShopzSeries is available in the U.S., Canada, and several countries in Europe. In countries where ShopzSeries is not available yet, contact your IBM representative (or IBM Business Partner) to handle your order via the traditional IBM ordering process. For more details and availability, visit the ShopzSeries Web site at
- Orders for new licenses can be placed now.
- Registered customers can access IBMLink for ordering information and charges.
- Shipment will not occur before availability date.
- Shipment will begin on the planned availability date.
- Unless a later date is specified, orders entered before the planned availability date will be assigned a schedule date of one week following availability.
- Orders entered after the planned availability date will be assigned a schedule date for the week following order entry.
- New users of IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V8 should specify Type: 5655 Model: S17.
Parallel Sysplex® license charge (PSLC) basic license
To order a basic license, specify the program number and quantity of MSU.
If there is more than one program copy in a Parallel Sysplex,the charge for all copies is associated to one license by specifying the applicable PSLC license options and quantity represented by the sum of the Service Units in Millions (MSUs) in your Parallel Sysplex. For all other program copies, specify the System Usage Registration No-Charge (SYSUSGREG NC) Identifier on the licenses.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description pricing metric S01489W Debug Tool for z/OS V8 Basic MLC, PSLC below 3 MSU Basic MLC, PSLC AD SYSUSGREG NC, PSLC AD
Workload License Charge (WLC) Basic License: If there is more than one program copy in a Parallel Sysplex, the charge for all copies is associated to one license by specifying the applicable WLC license options and quantity represented by the sum of the Service Units in Millions (MSUs) in your Parallel Sysplex. For all other program copies, specify the Workload Registration Variable WLC Identifier on the licenses.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description pricing metric S01489W Debug Tool for z/OS V8 Basic MLC, Variable WLC Workload Registration, Variable WLC
Entry Workload License Charge (EWLC) Basic License: To order a basic license, specify the program number and the quantity of MSUs.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description pricing metric S01489W Debug Tool for z/OS V8 Basic MLC, Entry WLC
Growth opportunity license charge (GOLC): To order a basic license, specify the program number and the correct level.
Specify the GOLC monthly license option.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description pricing metric S01489W Debug Tool for z/OS V8 Basic MLC, GOLC
zSeries entry license charge (zELC): To order zELC software, specify the program number and z800 model.
Specify the zELC monthly license option.
Entitlement License option/ identifier Description pricing metric S01489W Debug Tool for z/OS V8 Basic MLC, zELC
Single version charging: To elect single version charging, the customer must notify and identify to IBM the prior program and replacement program and the designated machine the programs are operating on.
Basic machine-readable material:
Orderable Supply ID Language Distribution Medium Description S01489Z US English 3480 Tape Cartridge Debug Tool for z/OS V8 S01489X Japanese 3480 Tape Cartridge Debug Tool for z/OS V8 S0148B0 Korean 3480 Tape Cartridge Debug Tool for z/OS V8
Customization options: Select the appropriate feature numbers to customize your order to specify the delivery options desired. These features can be specified on the initial or MES orders.
Example: If publications are not desired for the initial order, specify feature number 3470 to ship media only. For future updates, specify feature number 3480 to ship media updates only. If, in the future, publication updates are required, order an MES to remove feature number 3480; then, the publications will ship with the next release of the program.
Initial shipments Feature Description 3444 Serial Number Only (suppresses shipment of media and documentation) 3470 Ship Media Only (suppresses initial shipment of documentation) 3471 Ship Documentation Only (suppresses initial shipment of media) 3451 Internet Electronic Delivery Update shipments Feature Description 3480 Ship Media Updates Only (suppresses update shipment of documentation) 3481 Ship Documentation Only (suppresses update shipment of media) 3482 Suppress Updates (suppresses update shipment of media and documentation)
Expedite shipments Feature Description 3445 Local IBM Office Expedite (for IBM use only) 3446 Customer Expedite Process Charge ($30 charge for each product)
Expedite shipments will be processed to receive 72-hour delivery from the time IBM Software Delivery and Fulfillment (SDF) receives the order. SDF will then ship the order via overnight air transportation.
A Program Directory (GI10-8761) and Licensed Program Specifications (GC19-1207) is supplied automatically with the basic machine-readable material. No other hardcopy publications are shipped with the product.
The following optional publications will be available after product availability:
- Debug Tool V8.1 User's Guide (SC19-1196)
- Debug Tool V8.1 Reference and Messages (GC19-1198)
- Debug Tool V8.1 Reference Summary (SC19-1199)
- Debug Tool V8.1 Customization Guide (SC19-1200)
Displayable softcopy publications: All IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V8.1 publications are available in displayable softcopy format (BookManager®, PDF) on the IBM Debug Tool Web site
Subsequent updates (technical newsletters or revisions between releases) to the publications shipped with the product will be distributed to the user of record for as long as a license for this software remains in effect. A separate publication order or subscription is not needed.
Product deliverables are shipped only via Customized Offerings (for example, CBPDO, ServerPac, SystemPac®).
CBPDO and ServerPac are offered for Internet delivery, where ShopzSeries product ordering is available. Internet delivery of ServerPac may help improve automation and software delivery time. For more details on Internet delivery, refer to the ShopzSeries help information at
Media type for this software product is chosen during the customized offerings ordering process. Based on your customer environment, it is recommended that the highest possible density tape media is selected. Currently offered media types are:
- CBPDOs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- ServerPacs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- SystemPacs 3480, 3480 Compressed, 3490E, 3590, 3592*
- 3592 is highest density media. Selecting 3592 will ship the fewest number of media.
Once a product becomes generally available, it will be included in the next ServerPac and SystemPac monthly update.
Production of software product orders will begin on the planned general availability date.
- CBPDO shipments will begin one week after general availability.
- ServerPac shipments will begin two weeks after inclusion in ServerPac.
- SystemPac shipments will begin four weeks after inclusion in SystemPac due to additional customization,and data input verification.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
Agreement: IBM Customer Agreement
Variable charges apply: No
Indexed monthly license charge (IMLC) applies: No
Location license applies: No
Use limitation applies: No
Educational allowance available: Yes, 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
Volume orders: Not applicable
Replaced Program(s) Replacement Program(s) Program Program number Program name number Program name 5734-CB4 COBOL Interactive 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for Debug z/OS V8 5658-995 Inspect for C/370 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for and PL/I V1 z/OS V8 5688-194 CODE/370 V1 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V8 5688-194 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS and OS/390 V1 z/OS V8 5655-H32 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS and OS/390 V3 z/OS V8 5655-L24 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V4 z/OS V8 5655-M18 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V5 z/OS V8 5655-P14 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V6 z/OS V8 5655-R44 IBM Debug Tool for 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V7 z/OS V8 5655-S17 IBM Debug Tool for To a follow-on if any z/OS V8
Warranty applies: Yes
Licensed program materials availability
Restricted materials of IBM: None Non-restricted source materials: None Object Code Only (OCO): All
Support Center applies: Yes Access is available through the IBM Support Center. Available until discontinued: 12 months' written notice APAR Mailing Address: IBM Corporation APAR Processing P.O. Box 49023 San Jose, CA 95161-9023
IBM Operational Support Services SupportLine:
Back to top
Sub-capacity charges for VWLC products
Sub-capacity charges for VWLC products are based on product LPAR utilization capacity. Product LPAR utilization capacity for a VWLC product is the highest number of MSUs utilized by the combined LPARs in which a VWLC product runs concurrently during a reporting period. The number of MSUs is based on the highest observed rolling 4-hour average utilization used by the combination of the relevant LPARs during the reporting period. Refer to 200-354 , dated October 3, 2000, 201-258 , dated September 11, 2001, and 202-105 , dated April 30, 2002, for additional details on IBM Workload License Charges.
Sub-capacity charges terms and conditions
System z software charges at less than full machine capacity for eligible VWLC products apply when z/OS is running in z/Architecture (64 bit) mode on an IBM eServer® System z 900, no other MVS-based operating system is licensed to that server and the required information is provided by the customer in accordance with the applicable terms.
Sub-capacity charges for a VWLC product is based on the utilization of the LPARs where/when the product executes . To obtain charges at less than full machine capacity for VWLC products the customer is required to:
- Sign and abide by the terms of the Attachment for IBM System z Workload License Charges (Z125-6516)
- Obtain the latest version of the Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool
- Install any VWLC product and IBM eServer System z 900 Licensed Internal Code (LIC) service required for sub-capacity charging. Required service will be listed on the WLC Web site
- Collect SMF data as required by the Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool. Retain the collected SMF data for a period of not less than 6 months.
- Use the IBM provided Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool to process the collected SMF data. The Sub-Capacity Report produced by the tool is used to determine required license capacity for the VWLC products. Required license capacity is determined based on the largest MSU value of a VWLC product running concurrently in all LPARs during the reporting period. IBM reserves the right to request the system data that supports these product defined capacity values for a period of up to six months after the data was collected.
- Provide an initial Sub-Capacity Report to begin to receive the benefits of less than full machine capacity charges. Sub-capacity charging will follow submission of a Sub-Capacity Report. There will be no retroactive application of sub-capacity charges.
- Submit Sub-Capacity Reports monthly
Submit Sub-Capacity Reports for all VWLC products with complete data for
the entire reporting period to the e-mail address and by the date,
specified on the System z Software Pricing Web site
and in the current IBM System z Workload License Charges Exhibit (Z125-6324). Sub-Capacity Reports that reflect a changed product defined capacity will be considered to be orders placed by the customer without further action on the customer's part and IBM is authorized to make any resulting billing increase or decrease. To place an order for a new license or to discontinue licenses, move licenses between machines, report a hardware model upgrade or enable or disable product features, the customer must contact IBM or their IBM Business Partner
- Configure machine to send weekly Transmit System Availability Data (TSAD) to IBM via the IBM eServer System z 900 Remote Support Facility (RSF). If the machine cannot connect via the RSF, provide this TSAD via an alternate means documented in the z/OS publication Planning for Workload License Charges at
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the
United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to
qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a
customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type,
and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: LE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top