IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 enables trading partner business-to-business integrationIBM United States Software Announcement 207-049
March 20, 2007
|At a glance|
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 delivers:
- Significant new functions and capabilities
- Improved usability and performance
- Support for additional platforms and newer versions of middleware
- Integration with WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) and WebSphere Transformation Extender Trading Manager (WTX-TM)
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WAS ND) support
- Improved integration with other WebSphere products
For additional information, contact your IBM representative and visit
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
WebSphere® Partner Gateway V6.1 provides centralized and consolidated business-to-business (B2B) trading partner and transaction management to enable and manage process and data integration with trading partners. It is an integral part of the WebSphere Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM)-related portfolio of business integration products by being able to participate in SOA implementations and by allowing companies to integrate their trading partners within their BPM implementations.
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 is targeted at companies that seek a single point-of-management for all B2B trading partner integration and need to support a wide range of B2B transport protocols, such as EDIINT AS1, AS2, and AS3, cXML, RosettaNet RNIF 1.1 and 2.0, ebXML Messaging Service (ebMS) 2.0, and industry data formats, such as EDI and industry XML implementations. It combines extensive trading partner and transaction management capabilities with support for a wide range of standards-based transport protocols and industry data formats to support data exchange, process integration, and Web Services interoperability among trading partners.
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 is available in two editions, Advanced Edition and Enterprise Edition, which provide the same functionality, but are licensed differently. Advanced Edition is licensed to support a specified number of external trading partner connections and Enterprise Edition is licensed to support an unlimited number of external trading partner connections.
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 incorporates and builds upon the capabilities of WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.0 by adding substantial new functional capabilities, performance and usability enhancements, and operating system platform support. These include:
- ebXML Messaging Service (ebMS) 2.0
- ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement (CPPA)
- EDIINT AS3
- CIDX Chem eStandards (Version 4)
- SOAP with attachments
- Generalized XPATH support
- Improved terminology
- Search on user-defined fields
- Trading partner profile import/export capability
- Non-repudiation by trading partner
- Selective archiving support
- Role-based resend capability
- EDI configuration wizards
- Improved large file handling
- Improved performance
- Support for additional operating systems
- Support for newer versions of middleware
- Integration with WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) and WebSphere Transformation Extender Trading Manager (WTX-TM)
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WAS ND) bundling and support
- Support for single sign-on through LDAP-based user directory integration
- Support for IPv6
The Administrative APIs that were added in WebSphere Partner Gateway
V4.2.2 are supported in WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1, but may not be
available in future releases. It is recommended that customers using
such APIs plan to migrate to the trading partner profile import/export
capability that is introduced in WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1, which
provides similar capability.
Back to top
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1, Advanced and Enterprise Editions, support selected AIX®, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux, Sun Solaris, and Windows operating system platforms. Support for HP-UX on the Itanium platform will be delivered at a later date. For detailed information about prerequisites and system requirements, refer to
Back to top
|Planned availability dates|
- March 27, 2007 (electronic software delivery of available platforms except HP-UX on Itanium)
- April 24, 2007 (media and documentation for supported platforms except HP-UX on Itanium)
- June 27, 2007 (electronic software delivery of HP-UX on Itanium platform)
- July 24, 2007 (media and documentation for HP-UX on Itanium platform)
Back to top
WebSphere Partner Gateway enables the definition, deployment, and operation of a robust and flexible B2B environment to consolidate and centralize management of a company's B2B communications with trading partner communities. It provides a single point of control for interactions among partners and robust security features at the edge of the enterprise.
WebSphere Partner Gateway provides:
- Centralized and consolidated trading partner and transaction management allowing efficient and economical management of all trading partner integration-related data, and allowing the reuse of trading partner-related profiles and document flows
- Standards-based transport protocols such as EDIINT AS1, AS2, or AS3, RosettaNet RNIF 1.1 and 2.0, cXML, CIDX Chem eStandards 4.0, and ebXML Messaging Service (ebMS) 2.0 to support the connectivity needs of various trading partners
- Integrated standards-based security functions such as authentication, encryption, and non-repudiation used in conjunction with the transport protocols
- Data transformation functions to transform data between internal application and external standards-based formats, such as EDI and various industry implementation of XML, and integration with external data transformation tools such as WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) (formerly Mercator) and WebSphere Data Interchange (WDI)
- Native (built-in) EDI translator and standards support, including support for EDI-related data transformation, validation, functional acknowledgement configuration, packaging, enveloping and de-enveloping, and splitting, which may be used to support batch or event-driven EDI processing; further, WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 includes supports an extensive range of EDI standards, including, but not limited to, ANSI X12, UN/EDIFACT, Odette, UCS and VICS, RAIL, and EANCOM97
- Graphical mapping tool, which supports graphical drag-and-drop mapping that provides robust any-to-any mapping capabilities for EDI, XML, and record-oriented (flat-file) data supporting both fixed length fields and comma-separated values
FTP scripting to support the exchange B2B documents over FTP
- Operations on the FTP server are controlled using a script file which contains the FTP commands
- Invocations can be scheduled either on an interval, or by date and time
- FTP scripting support can enable access to VANs to support EDI; it can also support gets and puts with a trading partner's FTP server, and it can support a wide variety of FTP servers
- End-to-end transaction life-cycle management to support the real-time status tracking of business documents being exchanged with trading partners, and their relationships to various acknowledgments
- Protocol-specific process and state management, such as for RosettaNet dual-action PIPs, for PIP 3A4 (Manage Purchase Order)
- Alerts, notifications and work-flow, and related error and exception monitoring, correlation, analysis, and handling to support the resolution of errors and failures associated with transport, security, and data transformation
- Document filtering, viewing, and troubleshooting to be able to quickly find specific business documents by various business criteria (such as by purchase order or invoice number) or by error types (such as those documents for which Message Disposition Notification (MDN) had not been received from the applicable trading partner)
- Support for archiving and trading partner and transaction analytics to capture, analyze, and report business document volumes and trends to support service level agreements, key performance indicators, governance, audit trails, or regulatory compliance requirements
- Support for single sign-on via integration with LDAP-based user directories for internal centralized administrator or business user management
- Trading partner self-management and administration to allow trading partners to log-on to the WebSphere Partner Gateway Community Console, set up groups for their own user communities, view business documents, and manage alerts and notifications associated with the handling of their business documents
- Component architecture with multiple deployment options where multiple instances of specific components (Receivers and Document Managers) may be installed on multiple machines but share a single Community Console for Trading Partner management
- Use of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WAS ND) 6.1 to provide enhanced manageability and deployability
- Support for extensibility through the WebSphere Partner Gateway User Exit Framework that provides support for integrating external functions and capabilities
- Integration with other WebSphere SOA and BPM-enabled business integration products such as, but not limited to, WTX, WDI, WebSphere Process Server (WPS), WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (WESB), WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), WebSphere Business Monitor, and IBM Tivoli® Monitor (ITM)
- Support for a large portfolio of WebSphere and other adapters for internal middleware and back-end application integration, such as for SAP, Siebel, and other business applications
New in WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1
- ebXML Messaging Service (ebMS) 2.0 used in Canada, Europe, and Asia, and in healthcare and auto industries, and support for the ebMS 2.0 Basic Profile
ebMS 2.0 XML Encryption Profile, designed to test message-based encryption
The technical details of this profile are based on requirements and methods originally defined by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), which uses ebMS in its Public Health Information Network applications.
- ebMS 2.0 Automotive Retail Profile, based upon requirements and recommendations from the STAR consortium (Standards for Technology in Automotive Retail), which includes testing of gzip-based compression
- ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement (CPPA), which supports the import of CPPAs to automate the exchange and implementation of structured trading partner agreements
- EDIINT AS3, which enables the S/MIME with FTP-based data exchange, in addition to the existing support for EDIINT AS1 and AS2
- Improved AS Viewer support based on Message Disposition Notification (MDN) return status
- CIDX Chem eStandards V4, which provides support for CIDX V4 Chem eStandards used in the Chemicals industry
- SOAP with attachments, which provides support for exchanging documents within, and as attachments to, SOAP messages
- Generalized XPATH, which provides enhanced XML data querying and manipulation support
- Improved terminology, which simplifies and streamlines terminology across WebSphere Partner Gateway components to enhance usability
- Search capability on user-defined fields, which supports the ability to search for business messages through user-defined fields, such as a purchase order or invoice number fields
- Additional user-defined attributes to the document definition for use by user exits
- Trading partner profile import/export, which allows migration of trading partner profile data between WebSphere Partner Gateway instances, such as development, test, production, and the migration of trading partner profile data from other gateway products to WebSphere Partner Gateway
- Non-repudiation by trading partner, which allows non-repudiation to be configured at the partner level, rather than globally for all trading partners, to make better use of the system resources, and can be specified globally for a document definition and narrowed down to partner
- Selective archiving support, which allows selective archiving based on partner or document type
- Role-based resend capability, which allows messages to be resent by users assigned to other roles, in addition to users assigned to the Hub Admin role; also, multiple users can be assigned the Hub Admin role
- Alert notification mode, which allows notifications to be sent to all related parties (source and target partners) or all subscribed contacts, to help reduce alert configuration
- EDI configuration wizards, which provide two wizards to facilitate the importing of EDI build-time artifacts and configuration of EDI trading partners and connections
- Improved accessibility, which provides additional support for users with disabilities
- Support for additional selected operating system platforms
- Support for newer versions of middleware applications, which adds support for WebSphere Message Broker V6.0, WebSphere MQ V6.0, and WebSphere Process Server V6.0.2
- Integration with WTX and WTX-TM, which provides documented and tested flow-through integration between WTX and WTX-TM to leverage robust B2B transformation and industry standards and EDI support in WTX and WTX-TM
- WAS ND, which provides improved deployability and manageability
- Removal of WebSphere MQ V5.3 prerequisite by utilizing WebSphere Platform Messaging (WPM) for messaging between WebSphere Partner Gateway components, which also becomes the Java Message Service (JMS) provider for WebSphere Partner Gateway although WebSphere MQ can still be used for connecting to external applications
- Support for single sign-on via integration with LDAP-based user directories
- IPv6, which adds support for IP V6 to support additional addressing capability
Installation on WebSphere Application Server V6.1
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 Advanced Edition and Enterprise Edition include WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1. Customers who are licensed to use WebSphere Application Server V6.1 or WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1 can optionally install WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 on their existing WebSphere Application Server V6.1 installations.
New platform support in WebSphere Platform Gateway V6.1
Support for the latest prerequisite software release levels includes:
- AIX 5L 5.2 and 5.3
- Solaris 9 and 10 on SPARC
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86 (Intel®) V3 and V4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power V4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for x86 (Intel) V9 and V10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Power V10
- HP-UX 11i v2 on Itanium
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- DB2® UDB Enterprise Edition V8.2 and V9.1
- Oracle 9i (9.2) and 10g (10.1)
Up-to-date information on operating system platform support is available at
National language support
The following national language translations are available:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) can be requested via the IBM Web site
IPLA and subscription and support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product
license entitlement. Subscription and Support will be available in the
country in which the agreement is made.
Back to top
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 is an updated release of WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.0. This V6.1 release provides an Advanced Edition and an Enterprise edition. Unlike V6.0, an Express edition is not available for V6.1.
The Passport Advantage® licensing and maintenance part numbers for V6.0 will carry forward to V6.1, but there will be new part numbers for ordering the media packs. The V6.1 media packs are available for each supported platform and each media pack has a unique ordering part number. The V6.0 media packs remain available to licensed V6.0 trading partners who may, for whatever reason, need additional copies of the V6.0 media.
Customers who are using WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.0 are encouraged to
upgrade to V6.1.
Back to top
Refer to 205-158 , dated June 28, 2005.
Availability of national languages
Product description Language GA date WebSphere Partner Gateway Multilingual April 24, 2007 Advanced Edition V6.1.0 (English International, French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Italian WebSphere Partner Gateway Multilingual April 24, 2007 Enterprise Edition V6.1.0 (English International, French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Italian
Back to top
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers are on the IBM training Web site
Call IBM training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules, and enrollments.
Education support is available for the products in this announcement. Refer to the following Web sites:
- IBM Education Assistant:
- WebSphere® Partner Gateway:
(Select WebSphere, Training, WebSphere Education)
For additional information or assistance, contact your IBM representative
or authorized Business Partner.
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® Web site
Back to top
A Quick Start Guide is shipped with each of these products. Other publications are available from the IBM Information Center. Refer to
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product
publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items.
Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are
via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A
large number of publications are available online in various file
formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Installation and technical support is provided by the Software Maintenance offering of the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement. This fee service enhances your productivity, with voice and electronic access into IBM support organizations.
Packaging: Both the Advanced Edition and the Enterprise Edition of WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 are available via Passport Advantage electronic download and also as Passport Advantage media packs.
- Separate media packs are available for each operating system platform for both Advanced and Enterprise Editions. Each media pack supports a selected operating platform.
- Each media pack contains all the languages that are supported for that operating system and environment.
Refer to the Ordering information topic for more details about the available media packs.
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 also packages DB2® and WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for use with WebSphere Partner Gateway. Refer to the License Information document for related restrictions associated with the use of these additional products.
A Quick Start Guide is included with each media pack. Other publications are available via the IBM Information Center. Refer to
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Partner Gateway V6.1 uses the security and auditability features of the J2EE Application Server that this code runs on.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features,
administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
To locate an IBM Business Partner, visit
Back to top
This product is only available through Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Product Licensed function title Product group category IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway IBM WebSphere Advanced Edition Application Integration Middleware Other IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway IBM WebSphere Enterprise Edition Application Integration Middleware Other PID Charge unit Program name number description IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway 5724-L68 Value Unit Advanced Edition IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway 5724-L68 SubCapacity Advanced Edition Value Unit IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway 5724-L68 Connection(s) Advanced Edition IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway 5724-L69 Value Unit Enterprise Edition IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway 5724-L69 SubCapacity Enterprise Edition Value Unit
Charge metrics definitions
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select programs, there are other designated measurements such as users, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a program depends on how the program is deployed in your environment and must be obtained from a Value Unit table. You must obtain a Proof of Entitlement (PoE) for the calculated number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements are specific to a program and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor core is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor core consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processor cores require the same number of Value Unit entitlements. To calculate the number of Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the value unit table on the following Web site
With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of value units based on all activated processor cores available for use on the server.
Sub-capacity processor (Value Unit)
For programs eligible for sub-capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of value units based on all activated processor cores available for use in each partition (utilizing eligible partitioning technologies) where the program runs. Refer to the "International Passport Advantage Agreement Attachment for sub-capacity terms" or the program's license information to determine applicable sub-capacity terms.
Passport Advantage program licenses
WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Edition
Part description Part number IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Edition WPG Advanced Connection(s) D5557LL License & SW Maintenance 12 Months WPG Advanced Connection(s) SW E01TPLL Maintenance Annual Renewal WPG Advanced Connection(s) SW D5558LL Maintenance Reinstatement 12 Months WebSphere Partner Gateway E0288LL Advanced Value Unit Annual SW Maint Rnwl WebSphere Partner Gateway D564XLL Advanced Value Unit Lic+SW Maint 12 Mo WebSphere Partner Gateway D564YLL Advanced Value Unit SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo
WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Edition
Part description Part number IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Edition WebSphere Partner Gateway E0289LL Enterprise Value Unit Annual SW Maint Rnwl WebSphere Partner Gateway D5650LL Enterprise Value Unit Lic+SW Maint 12 Mo WebSphere Partner Gateway D5660LL Enterprise Value Unit SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo
Passport Advantage supply
Part Program name/description number WPG Advanced V6.1.0 WPG Advanced Windows(TM) XP V6.1.0 Mass Market BM045ML Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WPG Advanced Linux(TM) for x86Series Intel(R)-based BM046ML servers V6.1.0 Mass Market Pr WPG Advanced Linux for pSeries(R) Unix Servers (incl BM047ML pSeries IntelliStation(R)) WPG Advanced AIX 5L(TM), V5 V6.1.0 Mass Market BM048ML Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WPG Advanced Solaris (Sun Microsystems) V6.1.0 Mass BM049ML Market Product CD ROM WPG Advanced HP-UX 11.x V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD BM04AML ROM Digital Disk I WPG Enterprise V6.1.0 WPG Enterprise Windows XP,Windows Server 2003 V6.1.0 BM04BML Mass Market Product C WPG Enterprise Linux for x86Series Intel-based servers BM04CML V6.1.0 Mass Market WPG Enterprise Linux for pSeries Unix Servers (incl BM04DML pSeries Intellistation WPG Enterprise AIX 5L, V5 V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD BM04EML ROM Digital Disk WPG Enterprise Solaris (Sun Microsystems) V6.1.0 Mass BM04FML Market Product CD RO WPG Enterprise HP-UX 11.x V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD BM04GML ROM Digital Disk
Passport Advantage customer: Media pack entitlement details
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
WPG Enterprise V6.1.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Linux for BM04CML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value x86Series Intel-based Unit servers V6.1.0 Mass Market WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Solaris BM04FML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value (Sun Microsystems) V6.1.0 Unit Mass Market Product CD RO WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Windows BM04BML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value XP,Windows Server 2003 Unit V6.1.0 Mass Market Product C WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise AIX 5L, V5 BM04EML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Unit CD ROM Digital Disk WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise HP-UX 11.x BM04GML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Unit CD ROM Digital Disk WbSph Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Linux for BM04DML Enterprise Ed SubCap Value pSeries Unix Servers (incl Unit pSeries Intellistation WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise AIX 5L, V5 BM04EML Enterprise Edition per V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Value Unit CD ROM Digital Disk WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise HP-UX 11.x BM04GML Enterprise Edition per V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Value Unit CD ROM Digital Disk WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Linux for BM04DML Enterprise Edition per pSeries Unix Servers (incl Value Unit pSeries Intellistation WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Linux for BM04CML Enterprise Edition per x86Series Intel-based Value Unit servers V6.1.0 Mass Market WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Solaris BM04FML Enterprise Edition per (Sun Microsystems) V6.1.0 Value Unit Mass Market Product CD RO WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Enterprise Windows BM04BML Enterprise Edition per XP,Windows Server 2003 Value Unit V6.1.0 Mass Market Product
WPG Advanced V6.1.0
Entitled maintenance Part offerings description Media packs description number WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced Linux for BM046ML Ed SubCap Value Unit x86Series Intel-based servers V6.1.0 Mass Market WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced Solaris (Sun BM049ML Ed SubCap Value Unit Microsystems) V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced Windows XP BM045ML Ed SubCap Value Unit V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced AIX 5L, V5 BM048ML Ed SubCap Value Unit V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced HP-UX 11.x BM04AML Ed SubCap Value Unit V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WbSph Partner Gateway Adv WPG Advanced Linux for BM047ML Ed SubCap Value Unit pSeries Unix Servers (incl pSeries Intellistation) WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced AIX 5L, V5 BM048ML Advanced Ed per Connection V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced HP-UX 11.x BM04AML Advanced Ed per Connection V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Linux for BM047ML Advanced Ed per Connection pSeries Unix Servers (incl pSeries Intellistation) WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Linux for BM046ML Advanced Ed per Connection x86Series Intel-based servers V6.1.0 Mass Market Pr WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Solaris (Sun BM049ML Advanced Ed per Connection Microsystems) V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Windows XP BM045ML Advanced Ed per Connection V6.1.0 Mass Market Product CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Linux for BM046ML Advanced Edition per Value x86Series Intel-based Unit servers V6.1.0 Mass Market Pr WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Solaris (Sun BM049ML Advanced Edition per Value Microsystems) V6.1.0 Mass Unit Market Product CD ROM WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Windows XP BM045ML Advanced Edition per Value V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Unit CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced AIX 5L, V5 BM048ML Advanced Edition per Value V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Unit CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced HP-UX 11.x BM04AML Advanced Edition per Value V6.1.0 Mass Market Product Unit CD ROM Digital Disk I WebSphere Partner Gateway WPG Advanced Linux for BM047ML Advanced Edition per Value pSeries Unix Servers (incl Unit pSeries Intellistation)
IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Edition
Part number Part description E0299LL WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Subcap VU Annual SW Maint Rnwl D56EULL WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Subcap VU Lic+SW Maint 12 Mo D56EVLL WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Subcap VU SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo
IBM WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Edition
Part number Part description E0290LL WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Subcap VU Annual SW Maint Rnwl D56DMLL WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Subcap VU Lic+SW Maint 12 Mo D56DNLL WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Subcap VU SW Maint Reinstate 12 Mo
Sub-capacity for selected middleware products
Sub-capacity licensing on a per processor or per Value Unit basis is available for selected middleware products. To offer sub-capacity licensing, IBM software products implement IBM Tivoli® License Compliance Manager within their offerings so that you can monitor and report quarterly to IBM on the use of the programs on a continuous basis.
More information can be found on the Passport Advantage Web site
Eligibility requirements for sub-capacity licensing
To be eligible for sub-capacity licensing terms on this product, you must agree to install and configure IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software, in accordance with the IBM Tivoli License Manager publications, and to enable the collection of program use data on all eligible machines subject to sub-capacity terms.
For those machines running programs with sub-capacity licensing terms, you must use IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software to monitor program use and submit to IBM an IBM Use Report each calendar quarter. Multiple copies of IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software or IBM Tivoli License Manager are not required. You can use more copies if you need them to support your operational environment, but only one copy is required to monitor all your sub-capacity licensed products.
Additionally, if this is the first product you have licensed under sub-capacity terms, you must agree to the terms of an attachment to your Passport Advantage or Passport Advantage Express contract and submit a new Passport Advantage enrollment form. First-time sub-capacity clients also have an opportunity to ensure a Primary Business Contact is established for their contracts.
For more information on required and entitled license capacity, license requirements and reporting, refer to 205-093 , dated April 19, 2005.
If you order (this product) under sub-capacity terms, IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software will be made available to you if you do not already have one. You must install and configure this tool for your sub-capacity products. Alternately, you can use Tivoli License Manager. Once the license manager software is installed, you will be required to register online (IBM may need to contact you in order to finalize the registration process). You must monitor program use on a continuous basis with an IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software and submit IBM Use Reports to IBM on a calendar quarterly basis.
IBM Tivoli License Manager for IBM Software is documented in the following customer publications, which are available from IBM Publications Center at
Form Publication number Planning, Installation, and SC32-1431 Configuration Administration SC32-1430 Problem Determination SC32-9102 Data Dictionary SC32-1432 Release Notes SC32-1429
For IBM Tivoli License Manager configuration guidance and instructions for specific products (including this product) acquired with sub-capacity terms, refer to
The Web site will give you information about how to set up the product
for detection by IBM Tivoli License Manager, any required maintenance,
and any required steps that are unique to this product.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
Agreement: IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information (LI) document and PoE govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support.
License Information form number(s)
Program Program name number Form number WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced 5724-L68 LRVIL6BSR5A Edition WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise 5724-L69 LRVIL6C5Q7Y Edition
The program's LI will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Limited warranty: Yes
Warranty: IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Guide for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program ("Warranty Period").
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, return it within 30 days from the invoice date to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it for a refund.
For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
Copy and use on home/portable computer
Product name WebSphere Partner Gateway Advanced Edition No WebSphere Partner Gateway Enterprise Edition No
Usage restriction: Yes
For additional information about use of products that are included in the WebSphere Partner Gateway products, refer to the License Information Document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Passport Advantage applies: Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
This product is only available through Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Agreement for acquisition of Software Maintenance: The following agreement applies for maintenance and does not require Customer signatures:
IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011)
Yes. Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Guide at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
Volume orders (IVO): No
iSeries Software Maintenance applies:
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required. Copy the Web address below into the address field of your browser.
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept. Teleweb Customer Support, 9th floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top