IBM WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 offers advanced EDI and industry standards-based integrationIBM United States Software Announcement 207-020
February 13, 2007
|At a glance|
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS® V3.3 includes the following benefits:
- Delivers the latest and most capable stand-alone EDI translator in the WebSphere portfolio designed to meet high volume and performance requirements within multiple industries
- Includes substantial new functionality for transaction/document store, reporting and error handling, role- and group-based management, and audit trails
- Adds support for services-oriented architecture (SOA) implementations, new EDI standards, and for handling large files and international (Unicode) characters
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or IBM Americas Call Centers at
Back to top
What's new in V3.3
- Migration to browser-based reporting
- Improved error and notification handling
- Improved group and role-based management
- Extension of management reporting to Data Transformation maps
- Improved audit trail functionality
- Enhancements to WebSphere® Data Interchange Client
- Enhanced data storage/handling
- Enhancements to Document Store for storing flat-file and XML data
- Support for submitting transaction replay/resend from WebSphere Data Interchange Client
- Ad-hoc submission of transformation commands
- Support for multiple and expanded Record IDs
- Streaming function to support processing of large messages
- Support for new ANSI X12 functional acknowledgements (X12 999)
- Java API for invoking WebSphere Data Interchange as a Web Service for use in SOAs
- Java API for parsing XML-format event log data enabling the creation of CBE/CEI-compliant messages, for use in SOAs
- Support for directory-based triggering of WebSphere Data Interchange Server
- Support for IBM Support and Educational Assistants
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
March 16, 2007, Tape, U.S. English only
Back to top
WebSphere Data Interchange facilitates the creation, deployment, execution, and management of data transformation, and related standards-based processing, between standards-based EDI and XML formats and internal application data formats. It supports requirements for EDI Trading Partner® data exchanges such as auditing and data content validation as well as other required functions. Examples include trading partner profiles, enveloping, syntax validation, and functional acknowledgment, which enable EDI-based integration between trading partners.
WebSphere Data Interchange supports data mapping and transformation conversion between standards-based EDI and internal application data formats. Standards supported include, but are not limited to, ANSI X12, UN/EDIFACT, and UCS. WebSphere Data Interchange supports the subsets of the published ANSI X12 and UN/EDIFACT standards as interpreted by industries such as retail, transportation, electronics, financial services automotive, petroleum, health care, insurance, and manufacturing.
WebSphere Data Interchange can operate as a stand-alone EDI system or it can be integrated with other enterprise applications, either through its WebSphere MQ-based interface, or through its own APIs, including a new Java API, which allows WebSphere Data Interchange to be invoked as a Web Service consistent with SOAs.
In the context of a typical enterprise architecture, WebSphere Data Interchange fulfills the role of an EDI broker that performs standards-based EDI validation, transformation, and exchange functions and propagates the resulting transformed data either internally or externally. It may also be integrated with WebSphere Partner Gateway to leverage business-to-business (B2B) gateway functions.
Internal propagation of transformed data may be conducted through a business process manager such as WebSphere Process Server, or through a message broker such as WebSphere Message Broker, or through direct connectivity with backend business applications, or through any combination of such capabilities depending upon on the needs of the enterprise.
Further, WebSphere Data Interchange can participate with the core elements of an SOA-based, B2B solution, including WebSphere Partner Gateway (for secure connectivity and trading partner management), WebSphere Message Broker (for mediation and routing of EDI-related messages as they pass between the gateway, WebSphere Data Interchange and internal business applications), and WebSphere Process Server (for managing business processes).
External bi-directional exchange of transformed data may be conducted through an EDI value added network (VAN) or through EDI/Internet transport mechanisms (such as EDIINT, AS1/AS2/AS3), or directly with trading partners, or via any combination of these, depending on the nature of the relationship between the enterprise and its trading partners.
WebSphere Data Interchange is sufficiently flexible in its architecture that it can integrate and interoperate with a wide range of such solutions. This is of particular advantage where an enterprise may already have an established EDI VAN provider.
Enhancements to WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 for z/OS include:
- Document Store tables support flat-file, XML and international (Unicode) data, in addition to storing EDI data, which is currently supported.
- Data transformation processing store and retrieve data using the updated tables for flat-file, XML and international (Unicode) data. This addition of a PERFORM command can check the Document Store for any overdue functional acknowledgements, and generate errors for any that are overdue. These errors may be used to trigger new e-mail alerting and event handing capabilities.
- WebSphere Data Interchange Client users can reprocess transactions and interchanges from the Document Store, similar to the capabilities currently in the z/OS Facility.
- Migration of reporting function to a browser-based interface, and removal of dependency upon external viewer software includes the capability to generate predefined reports associated with the use of all WebSphere Data Interchange objects.
- Improved error handling and related e-mail-based notification of translation errors allow the replacement of the Common Error Services with a new Common Event Handler to allow "pluggable" actions when any "event" (including any message) occurs.
- Support for error and informational messages in a program-readable format (XML and/or fixed-record) allows automated processing.
- Support for message files can be routed to designated files or WMQ queues for handling by a user-defined or a WebSphere Data Interchange provided program. These may be routed based on criteria specified by the user, such as a given error severity level or the presence of specific errors.
- Inclusion of a Java API allows users to read and parse the message files, and allow users to process them easily, including the creation of CBE/CEI messages for use in SOAs.
- Improved filtering support of error messages reduces the PRTFILE size.
- Physical filenames can be added to messages in the PRTFILE.
- Support for e-mail alerts via SMTP when errors or other conditions occur is included. These alerts can also be sent to pagers, cell phones, and any other devices that support SMTP-based text messages. A handler is provided to process the program-readable message log, and generate alerts. Configuration parameters will be provided to allow users to customize the content and format of e-mail alerts.
- V3.3 includes support for pluggable e-mail component support integration with other systems.
- Inclusion of sample source code for the e-mail handler program allows customers to customize functionality.
- Management reporting function is extended to Data Transformation maps, which currently exists only for send/receive maps in WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3. Such function captures operational metrics such as, but not limited to, number, size, document type, and status of transactions exchanged with trading partners. They can identify which trading partner are using which maps. Such functionality is used for reporting and trouble-shooting.
- Role- and group-based access and management for the WebSphere Data Interchange Client are improved. They allow assignment of users to roles and groups, allow permissions to be granted to such roles and groups, and restrict access based upon such roles and groups.
- Improved audit trail functionality maintains a complete chronological log of all changes made to WebSphere Data Interchange objects, such as the date, time, and user ID associated with create, update, and delete changes.
- Support for submitting transaction replay and resend commands, and the ability to view results, from a list within the WebSphere Data Interchange Client and from the Document Store is included. Also removes dependency upon TSO CLIST and CICS® transaction menu in z/OS environments.
- Support for ad-hoc submission of transformation commands, and the ability to view results, from within the WebSphere Data Interchange Client allows greater flexibility in testing and production management and the ability to view related audit logs.
- Support for IBM Support Assistant (ISA) is included. It includes a new Tool workbench which provides users with the problem determination tools that IBM Support uses to resolve issues. Ongoing, different product teams will make additional tools available for ISA's tools framework so that users can perform problem determination on users' desktops.
- ISA also provides a service feature with an automated system and symptom-based collector. The system collector gathers general information from user operating system, registry, and so on. The symptom-based collection provides the unique ability to collect specific information relating to a particular problem that users are having. It also lets users automatically enable tracing, which will be helpful to IBM support as part of the data gathering process.
- Another aspect of the Service feature is the problem submission tool. Users can enter entitlement information once and have it saved for future sessions. Users can easily create a problem report and attach the collector file at the same time.
- Support for IBM Education Assistant (IEA) delivers online training and documentation for WebSphere products. Through this support, users will be able to benefit from additional Web-based educational and training materials.
Value Unit-based pricing
Value Unit pricing for eligible zSeries® IPLA programs enables a lower cost of incremental growth and enterprise aggregation. Each zSeries IPLA product with Value Unit pricing has a single price per Value Unit and a conversion matrix, called Value Unit Exhibit, for converting from some designated measurement to Value Units. Most commonly Millions of Service Units (MSUs) is the measurement designated by IBM to be converted to Value Units. Some other measurements are engines or messages. Since MSUs are the most common measurement, that measurement will be used for the remainder of this description.
Value Unit pricing offers price benefits for customers. For each zSeries IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the 'required license capacity.' Each of the various Value Unit Exhibits stipulate that the larger your required license capacity, the fewer Value Units per MSU you will need. Value Unit Exhibits are uniquely identified by a three-digit code and referred to using the nomenclature VUExxx, where xxx is the three-digit code.
Subsequent acquisitions of Value Unit priced programs offers additional price benefits for customers. The quantity of each zSeries IPLA program that you have acquired is referred to as 'entitled license capacity.' If you wish to grow your entitled license capacity for a zSeries IPLA program, the calculation to determine additional needed Value Units is based upon the number of Value Units already acquired.
For each zSeries IPLA program with Value Unit Pricing, you should:
- Determine the required license capacity, in MSUs
- Aggregate the MSUs across the enterprise
- Convert the total MSUs to Value Units, using the applicable Value Unit Exhibit, and
- Multiply the price per Value Unit by the total number of Value Units to determine the total cost.
To simplify conversion from the designated measurement to VUs or vice-versa, use the Value Unit Converter Tool. For additional information or to obtain a copy of the Value Unit Converter Tool, visit the Value Unit Converter Tool Web site
Note that Value Units of a given product cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Units of another product.
WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 serves as a stand-alone EDI translator, supporting EDI and other industry standards. It supports standards-based data validation, transformation, and related processing to enable seamless, automated, reliable, and secure integration among trading partners in various industries. It may also be used for application to application data transformation supporting structured flat-file and application data formats.
It translates EDI standards-based data, such as invoices, purchase orders, and billing forms for exchange with trading partners. It also supports industry implementations of the ANSI X12, UN/EDIFACT, VICS, UCS, and RAIL and other standards. Translation can take place between any combination of EDI, XML, or structured application data formats.
WebSphere Data Interchange provides advanced data validation and standards compliance functions that allow the EDI functional acknowledgements, defined by EDI standards, to be generated in response to EDI messages, and to provide notifications on standards compliance. WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS can also be configured to both construct and deconstruct envelopes of EDI format data that contain batches of related EDI items such as invoices or purchase orders. Transaction Store Service and Event Logging allows for delayed enveloping of translated EDI data, delayed information of enveloped EDI data, and the tracking of messages through the system.
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS includes a dedicated GUI mapping tool, the WebSphere Data Interchange Client, that is optimized to build EDI, XML, and application data format transformations. The WebSphere Data Interchange Client allows direct import of EDI standards definitions, record-oriented application data structures, and industry-standard or user-defined XML schemas and DTDs for mapping and translation. The WebSphere Data Interchange Client provides configuration and administration functions that allow the definition of the construction and "deconstruction" of envelopes.
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS supports integration with WebSphere MQ, enabling interoperation with a wide range of enterprise applications, B2B gateways such as WebSphere Partner Gateway, business process engines such as WebSphere Process Server, information brokers (such as WebSphere Message Broker) and ERP systems (such as SAP R/3).
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS supports connectivity with trading partners via both EDI VANs and EDI/Internet mechanisms. Its easy-to-use, configurable interface enables connection to leading VANs and Internet gateways. It also integrates with the WebSphere Partner Gateway which is the strategic IBM B2B gateway product, and includes support for EDIINT AS1, AS2, and AS3 transport protocols.
In the context of a typical enterprise architecture, WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS supports centralized EDI management, which performs EDI validation, transformation, and exchange functions. It propagates the resulting transformed data either internally or externally. Internal propagation of transformed data may be via a message broker, a process broker, direct to the business applications, or by any combination of these, depending on the needs of an enterprise. External propagation of transformed data may be via an EDI VAN or via EDI/Internet mechanisms (such as EDIINT AS1/AS2/AS3), or directly with trading partners or by any combination of such integration options, depending on the nature of the integration with trading partners.
For a description of the WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS, visit
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Back to top
Softcopy (PDF) publications are available on the WebSphere® Data Interchange Web site
The publications are available in U.S. English only:
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Administration and Security Guide
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 User's Guide
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Messages and Codes
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Utility Commands and File Formats Reference
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Programmer's Reference
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Mapping Guide
- WebSphere Data Interchange V3.3 Administration and Security Guide
The following publications are shipped as hard copy with WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS® V3.3:
- WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Program Directory
- WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 License Information
- WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Installation Guide
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Any vendor hardware explicitly compatible and fully capable of running the specified operating system, the corresponding supporting software and associated applications unmodified. Responsibility to provide statement of full compatibility between machines lies with the original equipment provider.
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 can operate in two modes:
- Batch processing for EDI
- Online response to EDI requests
Online mode requires the CICS® environment, which is provided by CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V2.3(5697-E93) or later. You must purchase and install these products separately.
- z/OS V1.6 (ESA mode), or later (5694-A01)
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V2.3 (5697-E93) or later
- DB2® for z/OS and OS/390® V7 (5645-DB2), or later
- DB2 Connect® V8.2
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP for the WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Client
- XML C++ Parser for the IBM XML Toolkit for z/OS, V1.9
To install this specific version and release of the parser, visit
To perform translation to/from XML formats in z/OS batch, the XML Toolkit is required. CICS Transaction Server for z/OS uses the XML parsing APIs that are built into Java SDK 1.4 and later.
Optional software products
- WebSphere MQ for z/OS V5.3.1 (5655-F10)
- EDI Communication software such as GXS Expedite Base/MVS V4.5 or GXS Expedite/CICS for MVS V4.5
- Software products that support the system Authorization Facility interface for WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 security
Compatibility: The WebSphere Data Interchange V3.2 products are upwardly compatible with WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3.
Limitations: The WebSphere Data Interchange Client can be used with both WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 and WebSphere Data Interchange Client for Multiplatforms V3.3.
DB2 is used as the data repository. VSAM files are not supported.
Customer responsibilities: WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 contains the applicable IBM License agreement and License Information (LI) and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. The license and LI will be stored in a directory called LICENSE.TXT for future reference.
Direct customer support: Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services Support Line. This fee service enhances customers' productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services Support Line will help answer questions pertaining to usage, and suspected software defects for eligible products.
Installation and technical support is provided by IBM Software Services for WebSphere (ISSW) or IBM Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968) or visit
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or visit
The program package contains the following:
- Memorandum to Users
- Pointer Sheet
- WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 3480 Cartridge
- WebSphere Data Interchange Client CD-ROM
- Program Directory
- IPLA (2)
- Proof of entitlement (PoE)
Security, auditability, and control
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 uses the security and auditability features of the z/OS operating system. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
IBM Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an unmatched portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support any critical business need.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a software services sales specialist, visit
Back to top
Part number or Program name PID number Charge metric WebSphere 5655-I40 Value Unit Data Interchange for z/OS V3
The programs in this announcement all have Value Unit-based pricing.
For each zSeries IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the "required license capacity." Your required license capacity is based upon the following factors:
- zSeries IPLA program you select
- Applicable Value Unit exhibit
- Applicable terms
- Whether your current mainframes are full-capacity or sub-capacity
Value Unit exhibit VUE007
MSUs MSUs minimum maximum Value Units/MSU Base 1 3 1 Tier A 4 45 0.45 Tier B 46 175 0.36 Tier C 176 315 0.27 Tier D 316 + 0.2
Value Units for mainframes without MSU ratings:
Hardware Value Units/machine MP3000 H30 6 MP3000 H50 8 MP3000 H70 12 ESL Models 2
Ordering example: The total number of Value Units is calculated according to the following example.
If your required license capacity is 1,500 MSUs for your selected zSeries IPLA product, the applicable Value Units would be:
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs * Value Units/MSU = Value Units Base 3 * 1.00 = 3.00 Tier A 42 * .45 = 18.90 Tier B 130 * .36 = 46.80 Tier C 140 * .27 = 37.80 Tier D 1,185 * .20 = 237.00 Total 1,500 343.50
When calculating the total number of Value Units, the sum is to be rounded up to the next integer.
Ordering z/OS through the Internet
ShopzSeries provides an easy way to plan and order your z/OS ServerPac or CBPDO. It will analyze your current installation, determine the correct product migration, and present your new configuration based on z/OS. Additional products can also be added to your order (including determination of whether all product requisites are satisfied). ShopzSeries is available in the U.S. and several countries in Europe. In countries where ShopzSeries is not available yet, contact your IBM representative (or IBM Business Partner) to handle your order via the traditional IBM ordering process. For more details and availability, visit the ShopzSeries Web site at
On/Off Capacity on Demand
WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 is eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) with a Temporary Use Charge calculated based on MSUs-per day usage.
Program Name WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Program PID 5655-I40 Entitlement License option/ Identifier Description pricing metric S00XHTM WebSphere Data Basic OTC, Per MSU-day TUC Interchange for z/OS V3.3
To order, specify the program product number and the appropriate license or charge option. Also, specify the desired distribution medium. To suppress shipment of media, select the license-only option in CFSW.
Program Name WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Program PID 5655-I40
The following information is a summary of all license option/pricing metric offered for the above PID number.
Entitlement License option/ Identifier Description pricing metric S00XHTM WebSphere Data Basic OTC, value Units Interchange for z/OS V3.3 Orderable Supply ID Language Distribution medium S00XH2N U.S. English 3480 Tape Cartridge
Subscription and Support PID 5655-I52
The following information is a summary of all license option/pricing metric offered for the above PID number.
Entitlement License option/ Identifier Description pricing metric S00XHTR WebSphere Data Basic OTC, value Units Interchange for z/OS No Charge, Decline SW S&S V3.3, Subscription Per MSU SW S&S Registration and Support Orderable Supply ID Language Distribution medium S00XH2L US English Hardcopy Pub
Subscription and Support
To receive voice technical support via telephone during normal business hours and future releases and versions at no additional charge, Subscription and Support must be ordered. The capacity of Subscription and Support (Value Units) must be the same as the capacity ordered for the product licenses.
To order, specify the Subscription and Support program number (PID) referenced above and the appropriate license or charge option.
IBM is also providing Subscription and Support for these products via a separately purchased offering under the terms of the IBM International Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (IAASM). This offering:
- Includes and extends the support services provided in the base support to include technical support via telephone during normal business hours.
- Entitles customers to future releases and versions at no additional charge. Note that the customer is not entitled to new products.
When Subscription and Support is ordered, the charges will renew automatically annually unless cancelled by the customer.
Product media is shipped only via Customized Offerings (for example, CBPDO, ServerPac,
SystemPac®). Non-customized items (CDs, diskettes, source media, media kits) will continue to be
shipped via the stand-alone product.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
Licensing: IBM International Program License Agreement and License Information document. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provides for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours) as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
S/390® and zSeries IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel is an option for those customers who desire added services.
Limited warranty: Yes
Warranty: This Program includes a warranty for one year from acquisition from IBM or an authorized IBM Business Partner. For one year from acquisition of the Program, this warranty provides the customer with access to databases containing Program information and FAQs, including any known fixes to defects, which the customer can download or otherwise obtain and install.
Program support: Enhanced Support, called Subscription and Support, includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours) as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. The customer will be notified of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
Money-back guarantee: If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the Program and you are the original licensee, return it within 30 days from the invoice date to the party (either IBM or its reseller) from whom you acquired it for a refund. For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by the customer.
Copy and use on home/portable computer: No
Volume orders (IVO): No
Passport Advantage® applies: No
Software Maintenance applies: No
For operating system software, the revised IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel offering will provide support for those operating systems and associated products that are not available with the newly announced Software Maintenance offering. This will ensure total support coverage for your enterprise needs, including IBM and selected non-IBM products. For complete lists of products supported under both the current and revised SoftwareXcel offering, visit
For additional information on the revised IBM Operational Support Services, refer to 601-023
IBM Operational Support Services SoftwareXcel: Yes
iSeries Software Maintenance applies: No
Variable charges apply: No
Educational allowance available
Yes, 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
Sub-capacity terms and conditions
On/Off Capacity on Demand:
To be eligible for On/Off Capacity on Demand pricing, customers must be enabled for temporary
capacity on the corresponding hardware, and the required contract Attachment for Customer Initiated
Upgrade and IBM eServer On/Off Capacity on Demand Software (Z125-6611) must be signed before
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM Global Services has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to put you on the road to higher systems availability. IBM Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that provides you with an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available on the IBM eServer platform. These services provide the opportunity for greater system availability due to faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. IBM Electronic Services is comprised of two separate, but complementary, elements: IBM Electronic Services news page and IBM Electronic Service Agent.
IBM Electronic Services news page provides you with a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used by customers to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The IBM Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your IBM eServer system. It is designed to proactively monitor events and transmit system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, customer-defined timetable. The IBM Electronic Service Agent tracks system inventory, hardware error logs, and performance information. If the server is under a current IBM maintenance service agreement or within the IBM warranty period, the Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to provide proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent will be made available to IBM service support representatives when they are helping answer your questions or diagnosing problems.
To learn how IBM Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
The prices provided in this announcement are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for your information only. Dealer prices may vary, and prices may also vary by country. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information and current prices, contact your local IBM representative.
The existing prices of WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS V3.3 are unaffected by this announcement. For price information, refer to previous announcements, or contact your IBM representative.
Information on charges is available at
Choose the option entitled Purchase / upgrade tools.
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative.
To identify your local IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Internet: email@example.com Mail: IBM Americas Call Centers Dept. Teleweb Customer Support, 9th floor 105 Moatfield Drive North York, Ontario Canada M3B 3R1 Reference: LE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Back to top