IBM Cognos Integration Server extracts data, metadata and security
profiles and moves them into open data warehouses and repositories for
use in financial performance management (FPM) or business intelligence
(BI) applications, or directly into IBM Cognos TM1. Cognos
Integration Server enables users to source specialized cube data from
a variety of sources, including Oracle Essbase, Oracle Hyperion
Planning, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and Cognos TM1. It
reduces the need for custom integrations that can introduce compliance
risk and place a burden on IT resources.
- Integrated and automated extraction
- Automate data extraction to reduce the need for custom-built
- Streamline the process of dynamically generating target schemas.
- Support data warehousing and single source reporting strategies.
- Intelligent, near-real-time data extraction
- Extract Oracle Essbase block data storage option (BSO) or
aggregate data storage option (ASO) data, metadata, and security
profiles, plus Oracle Hyperion Planning line-item details.
- Extract Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Management data, metadata,
line-item details and journal entries.
- Extract data and metadata (dimensions) from Cognos TM1.
- Choose full or partial data extractions by selecting entire
dimensions or member intersections to create custom data subsets for
- Load content directly into Cognos TM1, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL
Server or star schema formats.
- Support for continuous planning
- Extract data continuously to update external reporting and
analysis applications while maintaining online access for users.
- Model complex business functions and generate content for
downstream use in a central reporting system.
- Preserved hierarchies
- Balance ragged hierarchies.
- Preserve important hierarchies and drill paths in the target
relational reporting application.
- Bridge the needs of IT and finance data
- Offer a common solution to meet the diverse needs of finance while
reducing the need for IT intervention.
- Provide IT users with access to data in an open and standard
format while finance users leverage the cube technology to address
their business requirements.
- Make data available for query and reporting with a wide variety of
reporting and analysis tools.
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Editions V10.2.1 (5725-L44)
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Starter Edition
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Standard Edition
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Production Source Connection
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Starter Edition for Non-Production
- IBM Cognos Integration Server Standard Edition for Non-Production
Cognos Integration Server V10.2.1
Cognos Integration Server V10.2.1 complements the IBM technology
leadership in performance management and business intelligence
solutions by providing access to a variety of specialized data sources
and a self-service user experience, enabling data integration and
automation to be simple, fast, reliable, and secure.
Cognos Integration Server V10.2.1 delivers access to a variety of
specialized data sources and a self-service user experience providing
more options and flexibility to users.
- Cognos TM1 source and target connections.
- Previously defined star schemas as a source connection.
Cognos Integration Server V10.2.1 is available in a Starter Edition
and a Standard Edition for production and nonproduction environments.
IBM Cognos Integration Server Editions V10.2.1
Content Revision Date:
BNQ02 BQR00 BX200